Sign in to follow this  
samjluck

2019 Owners - Miles logged

I am curious with the 2019 owners and how many miles you've put on your ST and what sort of issues you've had that required dealer servicing.

post deleted... 

Edited by 2FAST4U
seemingly an invite only for ST owners...

14 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

Only 13,000 KMS on my '19 Titanium and obviously no issues.

Claude. :2thumbs:

I think it was an invite to "ST" only.

Almost 17000 miles, owned over a year and a half, if we are limiting it to mechanical issues other than the trans flash stuff that's it.

I did not intentionally make it an ST thread, all responses are welcome!  I'm just curious how they are holding up with some miles on them. 

10886 miles on my 2019. Had the torque converter replaced due to lockup failure resulting in a bad buck at 2-3 shift and every TSB applied for the trans shifting. Other than that I have not had any issues. 

6 hours ago, Fingernip said:

10886 miles on my 2019. Had the torque converter replaced due to lockup failure resulting in a bad buck at 2-3 shift and every TSB applied for the trans shifting. Other than that I have not had any issues. 

11,000 on my 2019 Titanium.  Slow speed buck/surge since mile 1.  Year and a half later and six trips to three different dealers and still no fix.  Look here for details on the adventure:   https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/26728-2019-edge-low-speed-surgebuck/

Curious how you managed to get the torque converter replaced?  I can't get anyone to look past the "there are no codes" and "it's normal operation".

1 hour ago, Toby99 said:

11,000 on my 2019 Titanium.  Slow speed buck/surge since mile 1.  Year and a half later and six trips to three different dealers and still no fix.  Look here for details on the adventure:   https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/26728-2019-edge-low-speed-surgebuck/

Curious how you managed to get the torque converter replaced?  I can't get anyone to look past the "there are no codes" and "it's normal operation".

It was a bit of a fight as the car was brand new and they had not yet serviced the 8F57 yet. It front from a shift solenoid to the TSB flash then to the TCC lockup solenoid which led to an entire torque converter replacement.  The tread below has the entire history... its quite a read. 

Ok, so your Edge is the ST with 8F57 trans.  Mine has the 8F35.  Any chance to see the service ticket?   Might be useful data to show on next service visit.

It's interesting that the weak point after a year is the trans pretty much with these vehicles. I'd say that my 2019 ST with 3300 miles has a clunky trans and its all about the programming trying to make it "soft" on a sport vehicle... And of course Ford trying to make a trans last with the boost that these can pull. The last 2 Fords I had (2004 f150 and a 2014 mustang gt) both had programming issues with "make it safer for the uneducated driver" and the throttle by wire/trans non-sense. At some point I'll just get tuned and the factory programming for the trans and TB will be a thing of the past.

Just clicked past 8000KM approaching 1 year on my '19 ST

No issues, but due for an oilchange and 1st service anytime now

Purchased my '19 ST in August 2020 with 3300 miles on it.  I have put 7K on it for a total of 10200.  No mechanical issues at all, I did have to get the glove box repaired as some clip broke so it would spring open and not stop where it was supposed to.

20,000 Miles problem free.  Its been tuned pretty much the whole time as well.  Only issue has been the torque converter heat soaking and stuttering at highway acceleration.  but it doesn't really bother me.  Doesn't happen without the tune, or if it does i didnt notice.