Sign in to follow this  
passerby

2019 Edge ST sometimes shakes when shifting from P to D

My 2019 Edge ST sometimes shakes when shifting from Parking to Drive mode, but I'm sure that I applied the break properly before shifting. No issue noticed after shifting to D and while driving.

It's only about 6,000 km, and noticed this for some time already. Could there be any problem with my Edge ST or is this a known or common issue for this model?

Thanks all!

Edited by passerby

Go get the latest tsb transmission update if you haven't done it since i june or july, it fixes this and other things.

Thanks! What does tsb transmission mean? Done at the dealership? And I just go and tell them that I want to get the latest tsb transmission update?

On 9/21/2020 at 7:50 PM, Perblue said:

Go get the latest tsb transmission update if you haven't done it since i june or july, it fixes this and other things.

I just checked and noticed that my Edge ST has an update available to SYNC3 v3.4.20136, does this update fix the problem or totally a different one and can only be done by the dealer? Thanks!

4 hours ago, passerby said:

I just checked and noticed that my Edge ST has an update available to SYNC3 v3.4.20136, does this update fix the problem or totally a different one and can only be done by the dealer? Thanks!

Totally different, it can only be done at the dealer. Just tell them it's shifting harsh but heard there was a tsb update to potentially fix the issue and you would like to have it done. You can do the sync update though yourself.

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
8F57 Transmission - Harsh Engagements And/Or Harsh
Upshift/Downshift

20-
02 June
This bulletin supersedes 19-2313. Reason for update: Incorrect or Incomplete Symptom
Model:
Ford
2019-2020 Edge
Transmission/Transaxle: (8F57)
Lincoln
2019-2020 Nautilus
Transmission/Transaxle: (8F57)

11 hours ago, Perblue said:

Totally different, it can only be done at the dealer. Just tell them it's shifting harsh but heard there was a tsb update to potentially fix the issue and you would like to have it done. You can do the sync update though yourself.

Potentially... so sounds like it's a known issue and has not yet been solved by Ford... ?

7 hours ago, passerby said:

Potentially... so sounds like it's a known issue and has not yet been solved by Ford... ?

potentially because a single problem can have multiple solutions. It fixes it for most, just book it in and get it done already.

16 hours ago, passerby said:

This was a very common issue at one point. Mine also would lurch when shifted to Drive. As if it was low on trans fluid but with less delay. 1st TSB fixed that for me back in early 2019.  Other issues came with later software builds... the "bang" into drive/reverse, shift flares into 3rd/4th, delayed downshifts. Latest software resolved most for me. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 11:15 PM, Perblue said:

potentially because a single problem can have multiple solutions. It fixes it for most, just book it in and get it done already.

Thanks very much! And I checked the latest discusion about this issue, seems there was a new TSB release in June, called my dealer but seemed they were not sure about this :S

1 hour ago, passerby said:

Thanks very much! And I checked the latest discusion about this issue, seems there was a new TSB release in June, called my dealer but seemed they were not sure about this :S

You're welcome. My dealership still looks at me cross eyed and confused with uncertainty when I tell them there is an update and need it done after 2 years.