Ya know, I was starting to think it didn't have cooling in the back part of the seat. Checked the parts catalog, and it does indeed have 2 cooling fans per seat. The fan motor for both the F-150 and the Edge are the same. As mentioned, no TSB for the Edge, only the F-150 and it basically says to just cut away some of the material from the inside of the seat cover..

The TSB for the F-150 has a date of Sept. 8th.

post-36952-0-58728300-1441898450_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reloaded
  • Like 1

Ya know, I was starting to think it didn't have cooling in the back part of the seat. Checked the parts catalog, and it does indeed have 2 cooling fans per seat. The fan motor for both the F-150 and the Edge are the same. As mentioned, no TSB for the Edge, only the F-150 and it basically says to just cut away some of the material from the inside of the seat cover..

The TSB for the F-150 has a date of Sept. 8th.

It also says to replace the blower motor with an updated part that has a redesigned air intake.

The updated blower assy for the F-150 is only listed under the 2015 TSB. The part number is GU5Z-19N550-B. When you look it up in the catalog, both the Edge and F-150 motor lists as GU5Z-19N550-A. So I wonder if the updated part for the F-150 will work and if that's Ford will do. I'll likely bring my Sport in and see what the techs here think. Maybe I can see if one can contact the hotline and see if they have an interim fix or something.

Edited by Reloaded

Alright, I found a tech here to help me. He's going to contact the Ford tech hotline and see what they have to say about the problem; see if the TSB for the F-150 can be applied to this, or if they have another fix.

Ok, the tech sent the request in and I'll probably get a response tomorrow.

Edited by Reloaded
  • Like 1

Just got my '15 Titanium back from the dealership. I was having the same issues as above. No cooling on seat back and was actually getting hot in the shoulder area. They told me there are 2 different cooling fans, one for the seat bottom and on for the seat back. The seat back fan has no exhaust ducting to let the heat escape. So the fan motor heat is just sitting in the seat back causing it to warm up the seat. So as of now my cooled seat back is actually a heated seat. Not something I need here in Arizona in the summer.

They do agree that it is not working properly, but they have no fix for it at this time. The service advisor recommended that I should contact Ford Customer Service.

Edited by Viper810

Ok, the tech got a response. More of a non-response really though.

"At this time, TSB 15-0140 is not applicable to this vehicle and cannot be performed to resolve this concern.

Since the backrest of the driver's seat is not cooling properly, we recommend checking the passenger's seat backrest to determine if it is cooling. If the back rest for the passenger seat is cooling, but the driver's side is not cooling, it is suspected the blower motor for the driver's backrest is either clogged, the air ducting is loose, or the motor inlet or outlet is clogged. Check for restrictions and correct installation for the backrest blower motor as per workshop manual section 501-10A and re-evaluate the cooling concern."

Hmm .. i did not even know the back of the seats were supposed to cool too. Now that you guys mention it the back of my seats don't really cool only the bottom does. I have a Titanium. Should i take it to the deal or just wait it out? Does this mean that in the winter time the back of the seats should heat up as well ??

Hmm .. i did not even know the back of the seats were supposed to cool too. Now that you guys mention it the back of my seats don't really cool only the bottom does. I have a Titanium. Should i take it to the deal or just wait it out? Does this mean that in the winter time the back of the seats should heat up as well ??

Take it to the dealer, the more people that complain about the same issue the better chance it getting investigated and resolved.

I did an online chat with a Lincoln Concierge when we were checking out the new MKX and asked about the cooled seats. After asking around and emailing me a response a day later, they said that only the bottom of the seat is cooled. I'm not sure if the Edge is supposed to be the same as the MKX in this way, but I suspect it might be.

I now have a 2015 Titanium and was disappointed when I found out about the back not being cooled. If someone gets their dealer to give them more information, please share! Otherwise, I suspect that this is how the cooling is supposed to be.

I'm not sure who it is that has access to the repair manuals on this site, but I'm sure they could look in the seats section and find some detailed info about the cooling system in the seats. That'll probably give the most detailed answer since if there's no hose hooked up to the seat back, then we have an answer!

• Like 1

Do not go by the people on the website chats, they have no idea besides the specs in front of them. Trust me, the seat backs are supposed to be cooled also. There are two fans in each seat, one in the bottom and one in the seat back. I've seen the dealer repair manual and it specifically states there are two fans. The repair illustrations also show two fans. It's a poor design with no way to get ambient cabin air to the seat back, and no way to exhaust it out. I have looked at my seats to see if there was a modification I could do to get cool air inside the seatback but there is no easy way to get to the fans. The whole seatback is basically sealed up. The F150 is easilly accessible with a zipper while the Edge is sewn up and uses metal rings to hold it down.

Do not go by the people on the website chats, they have no idea besides the specs in front of them. Trust me, the seat backs are supposed to be cooled also. There are two fans in each seat, one in the bottom and one in the seat back. I've seen the dealer repair manual and it specifically states there are two fans. The repair illustrations also show two fans. It's a poor design with no way to get ambient cabin air to the seat back, and no way to exhaust it out. I have looked at my seats to see if there was a modification I could do to get cool air inside the seatback but there is no easy way to get to the fans. The whole seatback is basically sealed up. The F150 is easilly accessible with a zipper while the Edge is sewn up and uses metal rings to hold it down.

That's why I mentioned asking the guy on this forum that has access to the manuals...I just don't know his name lol. Help anyone?