Might want to make sure they ordered the updated part. The new one has the B suffix while the defective one is an A suffix. The new one has a snorkel attached that draws in cool air from below the seat.

That is the first thing I looked for on the order sheet to verify, since I made it a point for the service guy to check that the parts being ordered were in fact different. The parts on the sheet do have the "B" attached to them, so unless they messed that up (not 100% unlikely)....they should be the correct parts.

I'm bringing it to my dealership this Saturday, so we'll see what happens.

Finally got my Sport back after one month!

After a loss of boost it was time to take it in...rattles, minor paint repair, and hopefully, even the seats even though they couldn't replicate (bs). I was happy the TSB came out while in shop. They applied the fix with the B part. Awesome! NOT! No change...back gets hot.

so if this fix is not fixing it now what?

my family has a ES300 Lexus with all leather, cooling works GREAT. WTH Ford is it that hard to get it right?

It worked fine on our 2003 Aviator - 12 years ago. But that was a different design. Ford isn't spending enough time debugging new designs lately.

so if this fix is not fixing it now what?

my family has a ES300 Lexus with all leather, cooling works GREAT. WTH Ford is it that hard to get it right?

ES300 means it is a pre 2007 or 2005 model, right? If so, Lexus/Toyota did not have cooled/heated seats, only ventilated/heated seats.

My father's 2013 ES350 also has cooled/heated seats, compared to my MKX, the Lexus seats are nosier & less cold.

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

So an update from my end.... 4 weeks later after I was told parts were ordered I had to call 5 times and wait several days for just ONE returned phone call for the status of my cooled seat issue, which the service advisor said inpromise to call tomorrow with an update and guess what, still hasn't since Thursday!!!. I then emailed the service manager, director, and owner Sunday night to complain about the lack of response and still haven't heard back from them!!! Is this Ford customer service? Who is the Ford rep on the this board I can escalate to?

So an update from my end.... 4 weeks later after I was told parts were ordered I had to call 5 times and wait several days for just ONE returned phone call for the status of my cooled seat issue, which the service advisor said inpromise to call tomorrow with an update and guess what, still hasn't since Thursday!!!. I then emailed the service manager, director, and owner Sunday night to complain about the lack of response and still haven't heard back from them!!! Is this Ford customer service? Who is the Ford rep on the this board I can escalate to?

Just replied to your private message, GT500R. Thanks for reaching out.

Very strangely, the CSR for Ford is FordService :)

FordService can probably help, but honestly this is all on the dealer. You may need to find a new one.

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup:

Mariel

Got my Edge back from dealer ship 530pm. TSB was a waist of time

the back motors get hot the cooling side never cooled

I have a spot temp meter, passenger Backs of seat with motors was 91 degs, front side was 74 degs, seats were 67 degs

Drives seat where I was sitting was 69 degs, top front was 78, and backs were 91 degs

had them both running 15-20 minutes.

Back to dealer tomorrow

Got my Edge back from dealer ship 530pm. TSB was a waist of time

the back motors get hot the cooling side never cooled

I have a spot temp meter, passenger Backs of seat with motors was 91 degs, front side was 74 degs, seats were 67 degs

Drives seat where I was sitting was 69 degs, top front was 78, and backs were 91 degs

had them both running 15-20 minutes.

Back to dealer tomorrow

As far as I know, the seat back will never cool as much as the seat bottom. I suggest you repeat the test but keep one seat off (passenger or driver) and then compare the 2 sides. Remember that the seat bottom is open & more ventilated, hence will be more effective in cooling. The seat back is confined without sufficient ventilation as the back faces rear passengers.

They have a engineer coming in Monday 23 /Tuesday 24 and want to see my car back then.

There must be some sort of testing done, manufacturing and QC. maybe the QC person said this will get people hot under the collar with only 1/2 seat working LOL.

Met another Edge owner at dealership this morning. She had a RED AWD, Sport and she too

said cold bottom and back not working was really poor QC.

maybe the person that goofed on theF150 seat and now goofed on the Edge seat will get reassigned.

another waist of time :(

they say system is normal. I say BS. there is no cooling on the upright portion of seats.

I would ask the technician what are the criteria for 'normal'. Are there any specs for this? How did the technician measure that 'normal' temperature? Laser thermometer?

It's not because the unit is powered that it works and it's normal.

P.S. I'm rehearsing here because I have an appointment on this issue and I've done my homework, with a laser thermometer.

I did a laser temp from a BBQ drove the car with both seats full AC.

Drivers seat was slightly warmer bc I was sitting on while driving

the other was empty.

The service writer said they plug in computers and ran the seat AC system

seat bottom was 60 drgs, back was 64dgrs. There is NO way the back are cooling.

Cant wait until a summer day and everything is 100+ degrees and no cooling for the seat backs

XzraUZ5.jpg

Maybe I 'll have to go to a custom shop and see how much to fix FORDS cooling issue.

Feeling really discouraged.

Edited by Picturepro

@Picturepro

No need to wait for summer. Set the climate control to hear, maybe around 75 & make sure the air ducts are not directing air directly to the seats, turn on the A/C seats, then measure the seat temperature after a long drive. compare the temp reading to something that is not cooled, like the headrest or seat sides.

Again, note that the seat back cooling is very minor & difficult to feel.

It'll feel like every other car you've ever owned.

Only it will have cost him extra money for a feature that doesn't work.

Also, it will feel like ever other car he's owned, unless he owned a car that had functional cooled seats, such as the Chevy Silverado or any Mercedes that offers cooled seats. Yes, I know a Benz is going to cost a lot more money (and a lot more if you ever need a non-warranty repair), but the fact remains both of those vehicles have an intake and exhaust on the back portion of the seats instead of keeping the TED covered by the seat back. The current TSB on the F-150 and on the Edge add an intake but don't add an exhaust, so the hot air exhausted by the TED doesn't leave the seat back. twakefield over at the F-150 forum developed his own fix for the F-150 seats that performs far better than the Ford fix (see the images he's posted on the F-150 forum that show the temperature). Until the hot air exhausted by the TED is pulled out of the seat back, the seat will never function as intended, but Ford will continue to argue that it functions as designed. Sadly, the design is a poor design, and Ford won't fix it unless they are bombarded with complaints.

Only it will have cost him extra money for a feature that doesn't work.

Also, it will feel like ever other car he's owned, unless he owned a car that had functional cooled seats, such as the Chevy Silverado or any Mercedes that offers cooled seats. Yes, I know a Benz is going to cost a lot more money (and a lot more if you ever need a non-warranty repair), but the fact remains both of those vehicles have an intake and exhaust on the back portion of the seats instead of keeping the TED covered by the seat back. The current TSB on the F-150 and on the Edge add an intake but don't add an exhaust, so the hot air exhausted by the TED doesn't leave the seat back. twakefield over at the F-150 forum developed his own fix for the F-150 seats that performs far better than the Ford fix (see the images he's posted on the F-150 forum that show the temperature). Until the hot air exhausted by the TED is pulled out of the seat back, the seat will never function as intended, but Ford will continue to argue that it functions as designed. Sadly, the design is a poor design, and Ford won't fix it unless they are bombarded with complaints.

Not seeing the same issues on the 2015 Murano and the 2016 Sorento. So those must be able to cool adequately. At least on the 4 forums I've checked. I'd be a bit ticked off at spending 44k on a car that didn't do what it was ordered (ie: you pay for the option and it doesn't work).

Hopefully 2016 model year they figure it out.