It'll feel like every other car you've ever owned.

Well, actually that may not be true.

Not actually having a 2015 Edge (glad I waited, thank you, forum :) ) I can't speak directly to the 2015 Edge seat cooling efficiency.

But, after owning a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition, and now a 2010 F-150 Lariat, both with cooled front seats, I can verify that the cooling mode works very well on those seats.

In Las Vegas, where it can easily hit 110° regularly.

Ford engineers know how to heat and cool front seats, they could do it correctly in 2003 and 2010. I would love to ask the appropriate Ford engineers one question today. WTF are you guys doing?

I can assure you that when I test drive a 2016 Edge and F-150, my laser thermometer will be with me, on a nice warm day. Sad that I have to do that in this day and age.

Not seeing the same issues on the 2015 Murano and the 2016 Sorento. So those must be able to cool adequately. At least on the 4 forums I've checked. I'd be a bit ticked off at spending 44k on a car that didn't do what it was ordered (ie: you pay for the option and it doesn't work).

Hopefully 2016 model year they figure it out.

hopefully they correct the 2015

The TSB was not a fix.

So still haven't heard from my dealership yet, but I received an email 2 days ago (after emailing a couple VP's) from Frederiek Toney (President, Global Ford Customer Service) saying my issue will be addressed, its only been 51 days since I had it in the dealership and they said they would repair it but haven't responded since early November after I had to call them 5 times :)

• 3 weeks later...

Do we any updates on this issue? Is this a non-issue? Looking to buy a new Titanium with the cooled seats option but this thread is concerning. Would appreciate more information or experiences. Thank you...

My Edge Sport manufactured on September 15th doesn't have the problem. I've had it for 60ish days and use the seats at least 4 days of the week. More if my wife is turning them on when shes driving alone.

I thought there already was a TSB for it...

My first 2015 Sport's cooled seats worked alright but didn't cool the back much. My newer 2015 Sport replacement was built at the end of October and the cooled seats in that are amazing compared to my first Sport. I wonder if I have the updated design because they get frigid even on low.

Back of the seat is same as before, this does not fix the back of the seat not cooling .... Not sure what to do now, but the dealership I went to is by far the worst dealer for device ever. Flood Ford - East Greenwich RI - avoid at all costs, I repeat AVOID at all costs. 2 1/2 months and I still have a rattle and cooled seat issue doesn't work as designed...

It's also possible the dealers aren't installing it correctly. They had similar issues with the early PTU seal replacements.

Correct. If you look underneath the seats from the back you should see an oval shaped snorkel pointing forward. It's has kind of a white plastic mesh on the outer part of the snorkel. If the snorkel is not visible, then the cool air cannot be sucked in for the rear fan.

• 1 month later...

I checked out a 2016 Edge Sport that had the heated/cooled seats. The driver's seat bottom felt cold but nothing happening on the seat back. I asked the salesperson if they are meant to cool the back or not and was told they are not designed to cool the back portion just the bottom.

FYI, my GF's 2016 Jeep Cherokee has cooled seats and the bottoms cool and just the lumbar portion on the back.

My Edge Sport manufactured on September 15th doesn't have the problem. I've had it for 60ish days and use the seats at least 4 days of the week. More if my wife is turning them on when shes driving alone.

Mine was manufactured in September 15' also and the backs do not cool at all. The bottom gets somewhat cool.

I checked out a 2016 Edge Sport that had the heated/cooled seats. The driver's seat bottom felt cold but nothing happening on the seat back. I asked the salesperson if they are meant to cool the back or not and was told they are not designed to cool the back portion just the bottom.

FYI, my GF's 2016 Jeep Cherokee has cooled seats and the bottoms cool and just the lumbar portion on the back.

My 15 sport gets real cold in the back of the seat all the way up to the upper part of my back. So cool that i can feel it through my North Face winter coat. Salesman is full of shit, but whats new?!?

• 2 weeks later...

We have had several hot day 88-93 degs and I used the seat AC a couple times. the backs did not fix themselves since my last visit for the TSB seat cooling.

I'll have to see if there is a 2016 edge sport and try that seat AC. hope there is new info before the summer hits.

The seatback cooling on my '16 Edge Sport has been great so far.