Sign in to follow this  
todd92

2021 Center Stack

I don't know if this is real or a rendition, but is seems plausible.  I think the current center stack is the weakest part of the current car.  This would be nice upgrade, very BMW like.

image.png.d3cb9911a2af18a4a1a02f99a7735e14.png

No, I don't like the new trend these days of having a display that looks like if someone stuck a "tablet" on the dash instead of a display which looks more "built-in", molded into the dash like our Edges have now...:(

Claude.

• Like 2

It has that designed by committee look to me. Nothing flows. The upcoming Nautilus interior looks awful as well.

Edited by handfiler

This image is for a 2020 Explorer ST with the standard 8" center display. You can find the exact photo on this site. photo 49/60 in the gallery.

Like I said, questionable source, but I'm still hopeful that something gets done with the center stack.

4 hours ago, omar302 said:

This image is for a 2020 Explorer ST with the standard 8" center display. You can find the exact photo on this site. photo 49/60 in the gallery.

Agreed, either Ford copied the Explorer interior exactly or this is an Explorer. This looks identical to my Explorer ST, minus the large 10" screen

Ford seems challenged to even have things like seat, mirrors, HVAC, radio, etc tied to which FOB was used to open the door, much less improve the drivers dash and center stack.

Rumor is it gets the larger screen from the Chinese edge but I’ve seen no confirmation of that anywhere.

image.jpeg

In Ford's 2021 media guide:

Ford 2021 Media Guide

It mentions a new 12" Sync 4 screen, replacing the current Sync 3 screen.  So definitely not the Chinese Tesla copy.  No mention of the HVAC/Radio controls beneath.

15 minutes ago, todd92 said:

In Ford's 2021 media guide:

Ford 2021 Media Guide

It mentions a new 12" Sync 4 screen, replacing the current Sync 3 screen.  So definitely not the Chinese Tesla copy.  No mention of the HVAC/Radio controls beneath.

Probably just a smaller version.  I don't think it's going with the Explorer/Escape floating tablet but it's possible.

16 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

No, I don't like the new trend these days of having a display that looks like if someone stuck a "tablet" on the dash instead of a display which looks more "built-in", molded into the dash like our Edges have now...:(

Claude.

Agree, I hate the look of what looks like an afterthought of where to put the screen.

1 hour ago, Sage said:

Agree, I hate the look of what looks like an afterthought of where to put the screen.

Yep, that's exactly what I mean... :huh:

Claude. 

On 9/30/2020 at 9:22 PM, 2FAST4U said:

Claude.

Yup! Absolutely agree. Looks half ass.