MPG??????

npggirl

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here with some highway MPG I recently got from my honeymoon trip(Vancouver -> Lake Louise/Bannf/Calgary -> Vancouver -> Tofino -> Nanaimo -> Vancouver). Drove 2874.2 KM with 290 Liter of gas purchased, so 10L/100KM or 23.5MPG (EPA:24MPG). I'm really impressed with the result since mostly I was coursing around 120~130KM/h, 150~170KM/h at passing. :redcard: :hyper: :rockon:

I'm here with some highway MPG I recently got from my honeymoon trip(Vancouver -> Lake Louise/Bannf/Calgary -> Vancouver -> Tofino -> Nanaimo -> Vancouver). Drove 2874.2 KM with 290 Liter of gas purchased, so 10L/100KM or 23.5MPG (EPA:24MPG). I'm really impressed with the result since mostly I was coursing around 120~130KM/h, 150~170KM/h at passing. :redcard: :hyper: :rockon:

CONGRATULATIONS (For the Honeymoon)

That's great to hear.

Did your MPG got better by time or was it this good from the begining?

Mine was 18l/100 and now it's 15l/100 (Mostly city)

CONGRATULATIONS (For the Honeymoon)

That's great to hear.

Did your MPG got better by time or was it this good from the begining?

Mine was 18l/100 and now it's 15l/100 (Mostly city)

Thank you. :hyper:

Mine is SEL+ AWD, and I got some really bad MPG before I hit this trip, 100% city was 12.1MPG and never go over 13, I guess you can't get any lower than this. 50/50 was about 16MPG. I don't know if that bad MPG has anything to do with the 'break-in period' (dealer says 5000KM), since mine is about 6000KM now I hope I could see some gain (in Vancouver gas price is 1.20/L!!!). :happy feet:

Thank you. :hyper:

Mine is SEL+ AWD, and I got some really bad MPG before I hit this trip, 100% city was 12.1MPG and never go over 13, I guess you can't get any lower than this. 50/50 was about 16MPG. I don't know if that bad MPG has anything to do with the 'break-in period' (dealer says 5000KM), since mine is about 6000KM now I hope I could see some gain (in Vancouver gas price is 1.20/L!!!). :happy feet:

I have had my AWD MKX for two weeks and from the start was seeing 18.5 to 19.2 on a mix of highway and city. Continues to be as good as or better than the Mercury Mariner AWD Premier i traded in for the MKX. Really love this MKX and respectable mileage. . .

ug.mac! congrats on the marriage!!!!! I knew I had not seen you posting for a while...

Congrats on the better gas mileage also...

:happy feet:

Another fill up, some more numbers to add to the pot. I drove 329 miles on 17.89 gal (although that was topped up about 1/3gal from the time the pump shut off) which gives 18.4MPG. Overall on the 1844 miles i have averaged 19.2MPG with a mix somewhere around 70/30 city/hwy. Still getting better for the same old commute, over the past 2000 miles it has increased steadily from 17.0-18.4 (17.7 and 18.1 were the intermediate figures) MPG. This has been over the last 6 weeks or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Two more fill ups now since the beginning of the month. One was 90% city/10% highway and i got 18.2mpg, this weekend on another road trip, about 50/50 gave 20.8mpg - again hand calc'd, the computer was a little higher number. Should imagine my next fill up will be in a week or so as i have a few miles already on this tank from the end of the road trip and the rest will be commuting etc for the rest of the week.

Well I just got 16.7 mpg on my last tank. This was pretty much all stop and go driving. No real highway. I am getting closer to my goal.

and you nailed that one right on the head npggirl....They are saying by summer gas will be around $3.50/gallon and some places will be over $4.00 (prolly CA?) YIKES!!!

Well NOW I wish I bought the prius or Yaris...Thank God I have a motorcycle to ride all summer long.

Well I just got 16.7 mpg on my last tank. This was pretty much all stop and go driving. No real highway. I am getting closer to my goal.

and you nailed that one right on the head npggirl....They are saying by summer gas will be around $3.50/gallon and some places will be over $4.00 (prolly CA?) YIKES!!!

Well NOW I wish I bought the prius or Yaris...Thank God I have a motorcycle to ride all summer long.

Wow!!!! We will go broke buying gas...

Looks like I am going to have to buy a motorcycle myself!!!

lol

I thought that I had posted this here, but I think it was over at fordedge.org. On my last fill up at +/-2500 miles I got 22.5 mpg on about 90% city and 10% freeway. I am very pleased with the improvement. Previously I was getting 15-16 mpg. I hope this keeps up :yup: ...epecially with the gas prices going up. I live in CA and yes, they predict it to go over $4, but I think they said that last year and it never did.

I thought that I had posted this here, but I think it was over at fordedge.org. On my last fill up at +/-2500 miles I got 22.5 mpg on about 90% city and 10% freeway. I am very pleased with the improvement. Previously I was getting 15-16 mpg. I hope this keeps up :yup: ...epecially with the gas prices going up. I live in CA and yes, they predict it to go over $4, but I think they said that last year and it never did.

I just made a 500+ round trip to Detroit - Muskegon .----90% highway, 70-80mph 24mpg, !!10%city,Comp says avg 40mpg? if this is any help The starting miles were at approximately 900.

Blazing copper ! :happy feet:

Edit: BTW

I also got rid of the crap Hankook tire, put on a set of goodyears, same size and ratings...

Edited by ckr01

As I see, mpg varies based on many factors. Our Edge gets okay gas mileage, its definetly not Prius or any other gas econ car.

Our MPG number are as follows:

1st fill-up: 18.3 mpg

2nd fill-up: 19.1 mpg

3rd fill-up: 19.6 mpg

4th fill-up: 20.8 mpg

5th fill-up: 20.5 mpg

On the first fill-up the vehicle calcuated mpg was off by 1.1 mpg vs hand calculations. Now that we are on the fifth fill-up the vehicle calcuated mpg is spot on.

Edited by dune-e1

Hey all. I keep hearing not so great reviews on the MPG that the Edge is getting in the city. I mean, is it really that bad?

How congested is the city you live in?

If the sticker says approx 17 city, how can it be somewhere around 13 and 14 mpg city driving for a lot of folks?

How could the sticker be that far off?

What are all of you that have the edge experiencing??

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the mpg...everybody is saying the 6 speed tranny...remember, you have about 4400 pds to push around, and the edge has that 265 horsepower v-6 with a good amount of torque. My 06 fusion has outstanding horsepower too..i think 235...and it does about 18- 20 in the city....my new edge has more horsepower than my 3rd car, an 01 mustang gt (260 hp). Big horsepower=low MPG....but, i am amazed at how the new corvettes with 400+ horsepower get 25 mpg. Edited by SALEENS7

As I see, mpg varies based on many factors. Our Edge gets okay gas mileage, its definetly not Prius or any other gas econ car.

Our MPG number are as follows:

1st fill-up: 18.3 mpg

2nd fill-up: 19.1 mpg

3rd fill-up: 19.6 mpg

4th fill-up: 20.8 mpg

5th fill-up: 20.5 mpg

On the first fill-up the vehicle calcuated mpg was off by 1.1 mpg vs hand calculations. Now that we are on the fifth fill-up the vehicle calcuated mpg is spot on.

To me, the former owner of a V-8 Expedition, which I loved but would only get 11 mpg in the city and 16 mpg on the highway, those numbers look GREAT to me. Besides we all know that you can't have a great looking vehicle and get 50 mpg, we make our choices based on many different things. Mine now has about 100 miles on it and the computer says 14.1.....it's all good.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the mpg...everybody is saying the 6 speed tranny...remember, you have about 4400 pds to push around, and the edge has that 265 horsepower v-6 with a good amount of torque. My 06 fusion has outstanding horsepower too..i think 235...and it does about 18- 20 in the city....my new edge has more horsepower than my 3rd car, an 01 mustang gt (260 hp). Big horsepower=low MPG....but, i am amazed at how the new corvettes with 400+ horsepower get 25 mpg.

Don't be fooled by big hp=low mpg. My 2004 mach 1 got 32 mpg on highway from GA to TN. I thought about getting Fusion as well.

Kevin

To me, the former owner of a V-8 Expedition, which I loved but would only get 11 mpg in the city and 16 mpg on the highway, those numbers look GREAT to me. Besides we all know that you can't have a great looking vehicle and get 50 mpg, we make our choices based on many different things. Mine now has about 100 miles on it and the computer says 14.1.....it's all good.

http://www.zapworld.com/ZAPWorld.aspx?id=4560

Sneak peek

Drive Train

100% Electric; 4 electronic wheel hub motors sporting an aggressive 644 horsepower with super capacitor energy bursts

Speed

0 to 60 mph in 4.8 seconds with top speed of 155 mph

Mileage & Range

350 miles per charge; about 1 cent per mile; rapid 10 minute re-charge; 9,000 life cycles

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I am thinking about buying a new Ford Edge and I am concerned about the posts on low gas milage. Tonight I took an SEL+ for a test drive and mentioned the low gas milage concern. The sales person's response was that it takes putting on about 5,000 miles before the milage levels out to be more comparable to what it is rated. I thought I'd post this to see if anyone has any other opinion on this.

Well.. I have my Edge for week now - and the computer calculated mileage starts out high and drops every day that I been driving. I drive a mix of city and highway.... still to early to tell.

From what I read on the forums - its mixed.. but most have said it gets better over time and is much better on highway.

Ya know.. Its a great vehicle... fun to drive... smooth and quick. If you can get past the mileage issue... you will have no regrets.