Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
todd92

New Edge

Recommended Posts

Just picked up a 2020 Edge ST to replace the 2018 Edge Titanium coming off lease.  I have the same 2.7 in a F-150 and love it.  It completely remakes the Edge.  Besides the much improved performance the NVH from the 2.0 is gone.  It's so much more BMW like.  Transmission shifts fine (11/2020 build).  I had the 301A package on both the 2018 and 2019 Edges and we discussed that we never used any of the features except for the heated rear seats.  So we skipped the 401A.  We did get the Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ however, I do like the adaptive cruise. The adaptive headlights would have been nice.  The sunroof and park assist are a waste of money, never touched either.  In fact, I see the giant sunroof as a negative, a potential creaky, leaky nuisance.  Spec'd the 20" wheels, not a fan of all black on anything but a black car, and I figure the lighter wheel and tire combo will ride better, accelerate and brake better and have no noticeable difference in grip.   I forget how much better the B&O stereo is, haven't driven the 2019 in a while.  Got 25 MPG on the drive home from the dealer.

 

Wife wishes there was still a CD player.  Otherwise it's the best iteration of the Edge.  Did not consider waiting for a 2021, she absolutely hates the giant screen on the 2021.  Got $8000 off the 2020, fresh off the truck and 0% for 60 months, doubt there will be that kind of incentives on the 2021 for quite while anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the 2020. Wise selection, in my opinion, on the wheels & Sunroof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, todd92 said:

Just picked up a 2020 Edge ST to replace the 2018 Edge Titanium coming off lease.  I have the same 2.7 in a F-150 and love it.  It completely remakes the Edge.  Besides the much improved performance the NVH from the 2.0 is gone.  It's so much more BMW like.  Transmission shifts fine (11/2020 build).  I had the 301A package on both the 2018 and 2019 Edges and we discussed that we never used any of the features except for the heated rear seats.  So we skipped the 401A.  We did get the Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ however, I do like the adaptive cruise. The adaptive headlights would have been nice.  The sunroof and park assist are a waste of money, never touched either.  In fact, I see the giant sunroof as a negative, a potential creaky, leaky nuisance.  Spec'd the 20" wheels, not a fan of all black on anything but a black car, and I figure the lighter wheel and tire combo will ride better, accelerate and brake better and have no noticeable difference in grip.   I forget how much better the B&O stereo is, haven't driven the 2019 in a while.  Got 25 MPG on the drive home from the dealer.

 

Wife wishes there was still a CD player.  Otherwise it's the best iteration of the Edge.  Did not consider waiting for a 2021, she absolutely hates the giant screen on the 2021.  Got $8000 off the 2020, fresh off the truck and 0% for 60 months, doubt there will be that kind of incentives on the 2021 for quite while anyway.

 

Congrats on the car man, if you wanna make it faster let us know, plenty of folk in here that can help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, todd92 said:

Just picked up a 2020 Edge ST to replace the 2018 Edge Titanium coming off lease.  I have the same 2.7 in a F-150 and love it.  It completely remakes the Edge.  Besides the much improved performance the NVH from the 2.0 is gone.  It's so much more BMW like.  Transmission shifts fine (11/2020 build).  I had the 301A package on both the 2018 and 2019 Edges and we discussed that we never used any of the features except for the heated rear seats.  So we skipped the 401A.  We did get the Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ however, I do like the adaptive cruise. The adaptive headlights would have been nice.  The sunroof and park assist are a waste of money, never touched either.  In fact, I see the giant sunroof as a negative, a potential creaky, leaky nuisance.  Spec'd the 20" wheels, not a fan of all black on anything but a black car, and I figure the lighter wheel and tire combo will ride better, accelerate and brake better and have no noticeable difference in grip.   I forget how much better the B&O stereo is, haven't driven the 2019 in a while.  Got 25 MPG on the drive home from the dealer.

 

Wife wishes there was still a CD player.  Otherwise it's the best iteration of the Edge.  Did not consider waiting for a 2021, she absolutely hates the giant screen on the 2021.  Got $8000 off the 2020, fresh off the truck and 0% for 60 months, doubt there will be that kind of incentives on the 2021 for quite while anyway.

What color is it. In June we bought a 2020 Dealer loaner(1500 miles on it) with 400A packaged Performance Blue ST. We do not like sun roofs!! Wish it would have had the C0-Pilot 360, but for 10K off sticker it was hard to turn down. Love driving it in the twisties. Wanted to buy a second one for our winter place in Arizona, however did not have a place to park it. So got this instead. 

PXL_20201107_145225643.jpg

Edited by Snoking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, todd92 said:

Just picked up a 2020 Edge ST to replace the 2018 Edge Titanium coming off lease.  I have the same 2.7 in a F-150 and love it.  It completely remakes the Edge.  Besides the much improved performance the NVH from the 2.0 is gone.  It's so much more BMW like.  Transmission shifts fine (11/2020 build).  I had the 301A package on both the 2018 and 2019 Edges and we discussed that we never used any of the features except for the heated rear seats.  So we skipped the 401A.  We did get the Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ however, I do like the adaptive cruise. The adaptive headlights would have been nice.  The sunroof and park assist are a waste of money, never touched either.  In fact, I see the giant sunroof as a negative, a potential creaky, leaky nuisance.  Spec'd the 20" wheels, not a fan of all black on anything but a black car, and I figure the lighter wheel and tire combo will ride better, accelerate and brake better and have no noticeable difference in grip.   I forget how much better the B&O stereo is, haven't driven the 2019 in a while.  Got 25 MPG on the drive home from the dealer.

 

Wife wishes there was still a CD player.  Otherwise it's the best iteration of the Edge.  Did not consider waiting for a 2021, she absolutely hates the giant screen on the 2021.  Got $8000 off the 2020, fresh off the truck and 0% for 60 months, doubt there will be that kind of incentives on the 2021 for quite while anyway.

Welcome and congratulations on your "new" Edge!:thumbsup:  Personally I don't hate the sunroof, I find that it makes the interior of the car very bright on a sunny day. I've had 3 Edges now and never had any sunroof-related problems with creaking or leaking. About the cd player, 2019 was the last year. I also have the park assist but never used it... When I sold my '16 Titanium (with the Sony stereo), I can't say I saw such a big difference with the B&O system in my 2019, both were ok.

 

Claude. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2020 at 3:57 AM, Special_K said:

 

Congrats on the car man, if you wanna make it faster let us know, plenty of folk in here that can help!

 

You've got quite the Edge.  I'll only do a tune, my F-150 has a 93 Performance 5 Star tune and it's a beast.  People that ride in it are shocked.  I'm debating between Livernois and 5 Star for the Edge.  People seem quite happy with Livernois and it's over $100 cheaper.

Edited by todd92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, todd92 said:

 

You've got quite the Edge.  I'll only do a tune, my F-150 has a 93 Performance 5 Star tune and it's a beast.  People that ride in it are shocked.  I'm debating between Livernois and 5 Star for the Edge.  People seem quite happy with Livernois and it's over $100 cheaper.

 

Definitely goes with something other than Livernoise. They don't really support the Edge. For the 2015-2018 they only had 3 updates, last one was a few years ago. Also they started getting bad reputation for customer service with some failed engines after tuning.

More details on this thread: https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,111.0.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW My livernois tune has been awesome, and their customer service for me was second to none.  No issues with their tune on my vehicle and so far I've put roughly 30,000 miles on it, 10,000 of which was the E30 tune(current tune).  As long as you are just a tune only, livernois is 100% fine.  Start messing with turbos and serious fueling mods, that's when your engine is at risk.  It's a canned tune.  Even the best tuners have freak accidents where everything is fine and the engine lets go or a HG pops.  If they say otherwise, they're 100% lying.  

 

 

I actually had the head of development/tuning from Livernois call me personally to help me out with uploading the tune and spent an hour just shooting the breeze with me.  Take that for what its worth. 

 

 

Congrats on the new Edge!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, todd92 said:

 

You've got quite the Edge.  I'll only do a tune, my F-150 has a 93 Performance 5 Star tune and it's a beast.  People that ride in it are shocked.  I'm debating between Livernois and 5 Star for the Edge.  People seem quite happy with Livernois and it's over $100 cheaper.

 

If I'm not mistaken 5 Star Tuning uses HP tuning as a interface. They should not charge you for the HP Tuner interface again. they should charge you for the tune only which would significantly be cheaper than LMS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may need to purchase another credit for HP Tuners if it's gonna be used for a different vehicle than the initial one.  That's a really good point though, still should be cheaper than LMS tune.  A credit and a tune itself from a company you already use should be nice and inexpensive.

 

 

While you're there, and if you have E85 in your area, ask for an E30-E50 tune too!  You'll thank yourself later. 

Edited by CrackedDSM
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, the 2015 F-150 tuner is a SCT, which does not support the Edge.  So no money saved with 5 Star, I have to get a new box no matter which I go with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's odd! Unleashed uses the SCT tuner and they support the edge. Drop Torrie a line at Unleashed tuning. You should be able to buy a tune for short paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrackedDSM said:

You may need to purchase another credit for HP Tuners if it's gonna be used for a different vehicle than the initial one.  That's a really good point though, still should be cheaper than LMS tune.  A credit and a tune itself from a company you already use should be nice and inexpensive.

 

 

While you're there, and if you have E85 in your area, ask for an E30-E50 tune too!  You'll thank yourself later. 

 

Yep you are correct. New vehicle requires a credit. The credit is $50 in addition to the tune. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, todd92 said:

Unfortunately, the 2015 F-150 tuner is a SCT, which does not support the Edge.  So no money saved with 5 Star, I have to get a new box no matter which I go with.

I guess I don't understand what you mean by this... My 2015 Edge Sport is tuned with an SCT tuner.

 

EDIT: just saw that you have a 2020 Edge, did SCT stop supporting the edge?

Edited by dolsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2020 at 6:58 AM, Snoking said:

What color is it. In June we bought a 2020 Dealer loaner(1500 miles on it) with 400A packaged Performance Blue ST. We do not like sun roofs!! Wish it would have had the C0-Pilot 360, but for 10K off sticker it was hard to turn down. Love driving it in the twisties. Wanted to buy a second one for our winter place in Arizona, however did not have a place to park it. So got this instead. 

PXL_20201107_145225643.jpg

 

 

Nice looking Cam-am , a guy who lives near our winter home has one that is orange.  Calls it Pumpkin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×