Bad Gas Odor

Bonzo84

2 hours ago, txaggie said:

I would highly recommend installing it.  I clean mine every 1000 miles and it collects a lot of stuff I wouldn’t want back in the intake.  If you have “25” marked on the hoses you might want to inquire about the “35” marked hoses.  

Will have to look at the hoses this weekend. It is sitting in the garage somewhere. 

Thought you upgraded the hoses to the newer PSI and having problems again?

10 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Mine is odor free and climate change, freezing temps, have had no impact on that.

I would have continued use of mine even if it meant living with the odor.

Well the good news is I don't have to put up with the odor, because it looks like there is a solution.  :)

Talked with them this afternoon and they have another upgraded hose (Gates brand) and they are sending them to me for install.

1 hour ago, txaggie said:

Well the good news is I don't have to put up with the odor, because it looks like there is a solution.  :)

Talked with them this afternoon and they have another upgraded hose (Gates brand) and they are sending them to me for install.

Really need to look at my kit this weekend….. as long as the white stuff stays away and I don’t end up using this 

91ACFF8C-2F18-47AB-B390-9202C6515384.jpeg

39387740-E159-4A99-86AD-270B81F7F034.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, txaggie said:

The ones I received in Feb 2021 are Gates, so surprised if they sent something different to you at around the same time.

See the photos I posted in this thread.

I have an Edge with the 2.0 but went through this issue with my JLT install back in November.  They sent me the hoses that the gas fumes easily go through, after 100 miles the cabin air is thick with oil/fuel vapors.

I contacted them and they said they would send replacement hoses, but while waiting for them to arrive I went to town and bought some Gates Barricade hoses.  The temps were going to drop too far to work on the vehicle when the replacement hoses would arrive.

That was done in December and so far we have not had the fume issue come back.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 5:43 PM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

IMHO it is a rookie mistake to send non fuel resistant hoses with catch cans.  more so with direct injection vehicles.

Was thinking the same thing. 

Here is info on Gates Barricade Fuel Hose https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/fuel-line-hose.p.4219-000000-000000.v.4219-05652.html

21 hours ago, SC_ST said:

Was thinking the same thing. 

Here is info on Gates Barricade Fuel Hose https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/fuel-line-hose.p.4219-000000-000000.v.4219-05652.html

Looks like that is the hose they sent me this time, so hopefully this solves it once and for all.  So far so good!

• Like 1