Choosing tune!

ShaunG

6 hours ago, CrackedDSM said:

Also, tunes do a lot more than just change or advance the timing.  The air fuel ratio is adjusted, shift points, line pressure, etc.  It's a lot. 

I didn’t mean to imply that was all it changed.  Just explaining that the main power boost came from advanced timing and/or more boost and why ethanol allowed that.

16 hours ago, ShaunG said:

Speaking of mileage... lol will adding more power kill my gas mileage or will it just depend on driving habits? Ie... 2 identical cars one with tune one without tune going the same speed have different gas mileage? 

I think the mileage is slightly better when tuned so long as your tune is a gasoline tune. Start using corn and expect a fuel economy decrease. I went from about 20 mpg to about 16.5 mpg going from 93 to E50.

I know a lot of guys that were getting these numbers out of their stock edge so I know there is a lot left in her. But for now this was my best stock 0-60(6.07) and with only three runs on my first tune with Unleashed this was my best(5.65). Tires now squealing on launch and it is a noticeable difference. Very happy with the results but still have a long way to go! 

Screenshot_20201219-093602_dragy.jpg

Screenshot_20201219-093655_dragy.jpg

• Like 3