Dylan2012edge

Backup camera not working

Hey how’s it going. I have a 2012 Ford Edge sel. It’s the 3.5 v6 and awd. I’ve been having troubles with the backup camera and I’m curious if anyone had a solution for it. Basically the camera will not work for like a week and I’ll get an error message when In reverse. Then the next week it works fine. But for the past 4 months it hasn’t worked once. I’m curious if the camera is just bad or if there’s a fix I can do for it. Thanks 

@enigma-2

so if the connector is corroded obviously I would need a new one but is it plug and play or id have to splice a new connector in. And thank u for the help

I have a 2011 Edge and my camera has done the same thing. Hasn't worked for about 2 years.

On 12/31/2020 at 3:00 AM, Dylan2012edge said:

@enigma-2

ok thank u. I’ll give it a shot and I’ll see how it works out 

any luck with this?

I don't know if my camera not working is related however now while I am driving my main menu screen switches from the main menu to my radio sound settings. I have tried putting it on random screens to see if there is any connection and there is not. Doesn't matter which screen I am on. It also makes the tone as if I had actually pushed the on screen button to switch to the sound settings. I read on another site that the camera issue might be linked to the same module.  

Where would I find the connector for the camera to check for corrosion?