Sign in to follow this  
fordedgenashvilletennessee

Rear caliper wont retract

I have a 2015 Edge with the EPS. I am trying to change my rear pads. I can not get the left caliper piston to retract, even with the EPS maintenance mode. I have put it in maintenance mode and used a C clamp and a brake compressor tool and it is rock hard and won't go back in. Any suggestions?

On my 2016, it's not compressed, it needs to be turned to get the piston back in. Believe that there's a special tool that will make your life easier. Looks like a cube with different extensions on it to fit in the piston & ratchet it back.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/lisle-disc-brake-piston-tool-28600/25961363-p?product_channel=local&store=6997&adtype=pla&product_channel=local&store_code=6997&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9M240eiD7wIV1YtaBR0DgQ6wEAQYASABEgJkYPD_BwE

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 7:09 PM, fordedgenashvilletennessee said:

I have a 2015 Edge with the EPS. I am trying to change my rear pads. I can not get the left caliper piston to retract, even with the EPS maintenance mode. I have put it in maintenance mode and used a C clamp and a brake compressor tool and it is rock hard and won't go back in. Any suggestions?

Was lildisco   suggestions any help?

I can confirm that the 2020 rears are also screw in style 

My 2015 also has screw in calipers. I just replaced the rear brakes on mine about 2 weeks ago.

My 2011 is also screw in. But one of mine i couldn't get to screw in all the way, ended up having to replace the caliper.