2015 floor and defrost actuators not working

Hi,

Recent issue with my 2015 Edge Titanium, climate mode door will not change from dash vents. No matter what mode I’m in, or what vent position I choose (floor, dash or windshield) the air will only blow out of the dash vents. Everything else works as should, temperature goes hot, cold, A/C comes on, it just will not change which vents it comes out of. I understand that there may be a reset that can be performed, or is it a actuator issue? 

Thanks for reading.

23 hours ago, Zman31 said:

Hi,

Recent issue with my 2015 Edge Titanium, climate mode door will not change from dash vents. No matter what mode I’m in, or what vent position I choose (floor, dash or windshield) the air will only blow out of the dash vents. Everything else works as should, temperature goes hot, cold, A/C comes on, it just will not change which vents it comes out of. I understand that there may be a reset that can be performed, or is it a actuator issue? 

Thanks for reading.

Hey, I also have a 2015 Edge Titanium and i had the same issue with my actuator. I read in here that if you unplug it behind the gas pedal it could reset. I took mine to Brakes Plus and they tried the reset and it didn't work so they ordered a new actuator and for around $200 I no whave windshield defrost and it changes when you swithc to AC.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Heat blend works great. Defrost on front window and floors don't work. I ripped into this last night and neither of the actuators on the driver's side seem to move. Seems odd to me that both would stop working at the same time. I pulled the fuse on the climate control and no diff. Also, I pulled the pos off the batt for an hour, no diff. I played with the bottom actuator, seems to be the floors, and I can hear a slight air flow from the floor vent, so I'm assuming that the bottom is the floor blend... I read that the top one on the driver side, sucks to get to, is the defrost blend. 

I cannot find a decent wire diagram for these actuators. I would like the see if I'm getting voltage to them. Maybe I'm missing a fuse?. Or something is unplugged.... 

This is my wife's car and gets foggy in there and I want to stay married.... ? Please help.... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Exact same issue this morning! Does anyone have a pic of the actuator wire lication? And have you guys fixed it with replacing the actuator? Mines is stuck on forward dash vents only. Will not switch to anything. Has zero clicks or thumps. Just nothing. But it does change temperature normaly. Also... is there a reset we can try to perform by pressing a combination of buttons for a few seconds? Or that doesn't exist?

Edited by 2015Edge2015

Its very easy to change.... or just clean it. 

The actuator is right next to your knee or ankle... 

Take off the bottom plastic panal and the lower steering column plastic. There will 3 screws holding on the actuator. Top left one will be covered in a wire bundle, just move aside. The top right is easy. The bottom right is harder for sure, long screw driver.... and then the wire connector is easy. 

After out, you can pull the actuator apart, little plastic tabs, that you will break hold the thing together... open it up and clean the whole thing with rubbing alcohol. The grease screws with the pot in there. Then put it back together. I had to use some superglue. 

Plug it in, then run the heater and ac controls and you should feel it move.... then reinstall. 

After I did mine, it lasted a few days, long enough to amazon me a new for less then 30$. I replaced the old one in 25 mins, in the street, in the dark.... worked great so far, a month now.... 

• 1004ron changed the title to 2015 floor and defrost actuators not working
20 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Awesome. Thank you! Notice the rock auto doesn't have that white arm. Is that because you can reuse the old one? 

About to order it. But confused on what's the correct one. Some are labeled as heater control and others as dual climate door actuator. Do they all do the same or do I have to get a specific one. I have the titanium model with dual climate control.

Edited by 1004ron

6 hours ago, 1004ron said:

One of them is the "Mode" actuator (Directs the air to the upper and lower vents),  and the other is the "Blend" actuator (Blends the Hot and Cold air for temperature control).

Thanks for clarification.  To understand it fully, there are 2 modules or does the trim model dictate the  module you have to buy?

Hi guys. But confused which to buy. I'm aware I need the mode version. But reading on the Amazon Doorman one. People are saying that you need to replace both. Driver and passenger side. I thought theres only 1 module on the driver side. I have the titanium build with the dual climate control. Can someone clarify... and so you all know...... mines is stick at the front vents and no buttons on the touch screen do anything. 

Edited by 2015Edge2015

On 11/24/2021 at 4:02 PM, Jt41time said:

Its very easy to change.... or just clean it. 

The actuator is right next to your knee or ankle... 

Take off the bottom plastic panal and the lower steering column plastic. There will 3 screws holding on the actuator. Top left one will be covered in a wire bundle, just move aside. The top right is easy. The bottom right is harder for sure, long screw driver.... and then the wire connector is easy. 

After out, you can pull the actuator apart, little plastic tabs, that you will break hold the thing together... open it up and clean the whole thing with rubbing alcohol. The grease screws with the pot in there. Then put it back together. I had to use some superglue. 

Plug it in, then run the heater and ac controls and you should feel it move.... then reinstall. 

After I did mine, it lasted a few days, long enough to amazon me a new for less then 30$. I replaced the old one in 25 mins, in the street, in the dark.... worked great so far, a month now.... 

Do you have the titanium version with dual climate control? If so...the  driver side like you stated is what you change right? The Amazon link to the door man has reviews with people saying to change both sides. I thought there's only 1 side [driver side]

16 hours ago, 2015Edge2015 said:

Hi guys. But confused which to buy. I'm aware I need the mode version. But reading on the Amazon Doorman one. People are saying that you need to replace both. Driver and passenger side. I thought theres only 1 module on the driver side. I have the titanium build with the dual climate control. Can someone clarify... and so you all know...... mines is stick at the front vents and no buttons on the touch screen do anything. 

If anyone can clarify this question,  would help a lot. So i purchase the right one.