Cold Air Intake Edge ST & Sport 2.7EB

Xtra

Attached the gate to the Adaptor and the clips to hold the top in place. There is a large gap that will require some work on the mold to correct. The gap can be seen just in front of the gate under the elbow reducers.  The thicker material looks like it will work and be strong enough to do the job. The Adaptor is still in the prototype stage It is my hope that this is the answer for the ST. 

IMG_9092.JPG

The mold will have to be modified to correct the problem. From top to bottom  1. The V3 lid and filter . 2. The Adaptor Plate,  and at the bottom 3. the top of the OEM bottom half. 

IMG_9089.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is what the patch coves, and why the bottom half is cut the way it is. The V3 uses every bit of space, it is touching on the bottom, and on the right side of the photo, a fuse box?  There is only a small gap between the snorkel, and it is pushing the limits on attaching the accordion hoses as well. See how they extend into the Bottom Half, there is still room needed for the Reducer Elbows to attach them. Somehow it fits.   

IMG_8339.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 2:40 PM, red95stang said:

Just curious with the amount of interest you have on these how many people are on the list to buy one?

There is a fair amount of interest in the V3, but nothing that Afe or K&N need to worry about. One is still available at this time. 

TOP VIEW.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Decided to check out the clearance on the battery tray. In the photo is an H6 battery. The  H6  is 10.94 L X 6.89 W X 7.48 T.  The H7 is 12.40 L X 6.89 W X 7.48 T . The only difference is  H7 is 1.46 inch longer than the H6. 

The clearance between the H6 and the V3 is right around 1.5 to 1.75 inch. It will be a super tight fit but it looks like the H7 battery will work with the V3. We will find out for sure in a few weeks.  

H6.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well it turns out that the engine cover does fit without any trimming it at all.        But I did it anyway  lol ..  I still like it better without the engine cover. Perhaps it is because I am use to seeing it without the cover on. I will leave it like this for awhile.  

IMG_9282.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

sweetness.  glad you trimmed the cover anyway.   shows off that nice metal shine, puts a break in that sea of plastic, kind of like accentuation.

Thanks ? that’s how I felt about it,  a ocean of plastic that needed to be trimmed down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TT Steve said:

It sounds like you have a test ST already, 

Yes,  it was by chance and a bit by accident. Someone ordered a V3 and only after it shipped I discovered it was for an ST. It was a bit awkward explaining that it might not fit and that their car was now the test mule, but they stepped up instead of just returning it. The V3 is in transit and should arrive around Christmas, so we should know around  the New Year sometime if we are lucky ? 

• Like 2

Decided to do some work on the Adaptor and sorted out exactly where the mold needs to be modded. 

That big a** filter needed more breathing room. lol   The new thicker ABS worked out great and is much stronger, I like it.   I will have to try and obtain some more lids though, and I am not sure if that is even possible , but I am moving forward with this adaptor project anyway. I will also have to modify the gasket some as it is a little bit narrow, as seen in the photo. .

IMG_9391.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 9:41 AM, TT Steve said:

Any real world testing from your current buyers or by yourself? Performance wise?

Yes, I hav several thousand miles on my V3 in different conditions. Stop and go traffic, highway and of course canyons in the heat and rain , but not in snow. . I cannot give hard numbers but I did see a little fuel milage improvement around 1 to 1.5 MPG. And the my butt dyno likes it. lol. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, red95stang said:

Hey guys I just installed the V3 on my 19 ST. It fit great no issues tight but good. I don’t have any real performance input right now but I will let you know. Great work Xtra.

ED44E16A-F036-4659-9D90-0B8B7CFB09AD.jpeg

Thanks red95Stang, To think I did not know if the V3 would even fit the ST, and the first V3 installed is in a ST. So I can now say that the V3 fits both the Sport and the ST as long as they run the 2.7EB or 3.0TT.  

• Like 1