Cold Air Intake Edge ST & Sport 2.7EB

Xtra

25 minutes ago, Perblue said:

So paypal gift option would be an option if production numbers were low? Really contemplating ordering one to replace my steeda one.

At this point it will not matter as they already know what's up. I just received a notice from the tax guys. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to installing my V3  CAI on my `16 Edge. 

I must say, Extra did a fabulous job designing and assembling this air box. The location and alignment of the latches and rivets, are perfect. It fits like a glove in an area thats not very forgiving. The directions were spot on and to my surprise, the assembly came with a CAI sensor. 

I haven't driven it much but I will do a full assessment soon.

Thanks again Extra, excellent job!

Steve

(It's a shame that the small entrepreneur is being snuffed out due to Uncle Sam's lust for control, I feel for ya Xtra)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sdpupillo said:

You've done great work on these. If I wanted one for my Edge, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to send you a personal check for one. 100% stand up guy for anyone wanting one of your products.

I feel you though, I had to stop my hobby business as well due to a tax burden.

Thank you I appreciate the props. This new tax law is going to do major damage to Nano size microscopic operations like I have. It does not make money as it is a hobby, but will be treated like a business by the IRS.   it makes me sad. $600 limit a year is only a buck sixty five a day!! You can't even get a coffee and a donut for $1.65

I have only one V3 remaining and right now it is looking like it will be the last for this year. That is unless four of you step up and place orders soon, only then will I do another run before the end of 2022. If I don't get all 4 I will give refunds.   If I can survive then I might start up again, but that would be sometime around May or June 2023 after all taxes are paid and I understand just how much these new laws effect me. 

... So with that said,  who among you will step up and get what possibly could be the last V3.  I will fight to keep making them , but no promises.  

I also have a few remaining V2 still available and the same goes for them as well. This is real and I hate sounding like a salesman, but members need to understand my position and what is at stake.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

On 10/2/2022 at 6:23 PM, Lakeside said:

Finally got around to installing my V3  CAI on my `16 Edge. 

I must say, Extra did a fabulous job designing and assembling this air box. The location and alignment of the latches and rivets, are perfect. It fits like a glove in an area thats not very forgiving. The directions were spot on and to my surprise, the assembly came with a CAI sensor. 

I haven't driven it much but I will do a full assessment soon.

Thanks again Extra, excellent job!

Steve

(It's a shame that the small entrepreneur is being snuffed out due to Uncle Sam's lust for control, I feel for ya Xtra)

Thank you Lakeside, I am pleased you like your V3 and had no problems installing it. You have no idea how much joy your reply makes me feel. This truly is a labor of love for me and responses like this make all the work worthwhile. You will find that your turbos spool up faster as the turbos don't have to work as hard to suck in air. As MB022803 said with the V3, it is like going from a thin soda straw to a large milkshake straw.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

After selling the last V3 and freaking out about the tax man, I decided to count all my receipts and do some book keeping. It turns out that I am a horrible business man, and it is as I said, this is a hobby and not for profit. Turns out I have lost way over $1000 so far on the V3 project in 2022.  Never thought that I would be happy that it cost me as I do want to break even, but now I know I won't have to pay a boat load of tax and have a large unexpected expense. :)

And what that means is that I can keep making V3s until the end of the year and possibly into 2023 !!!

The order lines are now open again and another batch of V3 CAI are in the works.:happyfeet: 

PM me for price and availability. :mail:

Protect my a** BS now that the feds are all up in my S**t

:hysterical:THE V3 IS FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY. KNOW YOUR LOCAL LAWS BEFORE INSTALLING. 

:ford:

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Don't be sad, if I had made any money at all, I would have been taxed at a 25% rate. Ouch. So it is good that I lost some. I never expected to make money at this anyway. I just want to make CAI for you guys and keep busy so the rocking chair does not get me.

I went to a car show near me this last weekend it is called Super Car Sunday they have a web Site if you want to check it out, they have a little of everything there.  I had the hood up on my car and people were checking it out.  They were liking the V2 / V3 combo and talking about it as I watched in amazement at their positive  reactions. I might even go again next week. Here are a couple of cars that were there. 

The car that Mr. Ford made that changed the world.

IMG_0865.thumb.jpg.f75ae09b602758a89a75ab02499e8a6a.jpg

This is what hot rodders do to old Fords

IMG_0862.thumb.JPG.547474a1f2e39f0f947538c2b4b958da.JPG

Go big or go home

IMG_0860.thumb.JPG.005d1d203460fd350e708a56418cd56b.JPG

I like this. The way to make a old 240Z fast and fun. 

IMG_0857.thumb.JPG.f1aeb98593b758f195f29a7f7f6d85d2.JPG

A super clean install on the 240Z 

IMG_0855.thumb.JPG.913315ccea6087e064eb82d43521f755.JPG

There was a bunch of high dollar super cars  as well. With so many amazing cars being there is why I was so pleased that people actually took time to check out my Edge Sport and the V3. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:13 PM, Xtra said:

After selling the last V3 and freaking out about the tax man, I decided to count all my receipts and do some book keeping. It turns out that I am a horrible business man, and it is as I said, this is a hobby and not for profit. Turns out I have lost way over $1000 so far on the V3 project in 2022.  Never thought that I would be happy that it cost me as I do want to break even, but now I know I won't have to pay a boat load of tax and have a large unexpected expense. :)

And what that means is that I can keep making V3s until the end of the year and possibly into 2023 !!!

The order lines are now open again and another batch of V3 CAI are in the works.:happyfeet: 

:hysterical:THE V3 IS FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY. KNOW YOUR LOCAL LAWS BEFORE INSTALLING. 

Yeah! Still wanting one but had somethings come up that cost more than planned. Hoping to order before the end of the year.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 2:13 PM, Xtra said:

Glad to hear you can keep making these can’t wait for mine !

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 12:55 AM, Xtra said:

Thanks, It's on the way.  

Just received and installed , and WOW ! If you want aa stealthy gain that looks oem , installs like oem , and sounds like oem you cant make anything better , i went from a K&N drop in filter with a racechip gts set to 5 to the v3 plus my racechip on the same settings. The car feels so much more alive it takes less throttle for the entire power band in town stop and go is so much smoother . the throttle feels like a twin turbo car now and wakes up so quickly the lag in the system is all but gone with no noise added to the car (i like turbo noise but the wife has to drive it more than i do ) makes it the perfect sleeper mod hell you might not even need to worry about smog or a dealership as it all looks like a oem system paint the tubes black and you have a hidden gain . my one and only issue i had was the ford performance cover being pushed up slightly (still bolts down ) and the vacuum like that runs over the rear inlet i moved under it as it was getting pushed up from the slightly higher height of the new setup , cant wait to pair it with the dtb charge pipe and a intercooler later on what a major difference in drivability. 

below is a link to my google photo dump :

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_166665025647010&key=4f95868279975442d20c58420425bb75&libId=l9nciy2t0100b4bt000DL1xexkbo&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordedgeforum.com%2Fmessenger%2F8559%2F%3Fpage%3D2&v=1&opt=true&out=https%3A%2F%2Fphotos.app.goo.gl%2Fs6ZH8cS2NAXAk2ebA&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordedgeforum.com%2Fmessenger%2F8559%2F&title=V3 - Ford Edge Forum&txt=https%3A%2F%2Fphotos.app.goo.gl%2Fs6ZH8cS2NAXAk2ebA

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:10 PM, kodey116 said:

Just received and installed , and WOW ! If you want aa stealthy gain that looks oem , installs like oem , and sounds like oem you cant make anything better , i went from a K&N drop in filter with a racechip gts set to 5 to the v3 plus my racechip on the same settings. The car feels so much more alive it takes less throttle for the entire power band in town stop and go is so much smoother . the throttle feels like a twin turbo car now and wakes up so quickly the lag in the system is all but gone with no noise added to the car (i like turbo noise but the wife has to drive it more than i do ) makes it the perfect sleeper mod hell you might not even need to worry about smog or a dealership as it all looks like a oem system paint the tubes black and you have a hidden gain . my one and only issue i had was the ford performance cover being pushed up slightly (still bolts down ) and the vacuum like that runs over the rear inlet i moved under it as it was getting pushed up from the slightly higher height of the new setup , cant wait to pair it with the dtb charge pipe and a intercooler later on what a major difference in drivability. 

below is a link to my google photo dump :

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_166665025647010&key=4f95868279975442d20c58420425bb75&libId=l9nciy2t0100b4bt000DL1xexkbo&loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordedgeforum.com%2Fmessenger%2F8559%2F%3Fpage%3D2&v=1&opt=true&out=https%3A%2F%2Fphotos.app.goo.gl%2Fs6ZH8cS2NAXAk2ebA&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fordedgeforum.com%2Fmessenger%2F8559%2F&title=V3 - Ford Edge Forum&txt=https%3A%2F%2Fphotos.app.goo.gl%2Fs6ZH8cS2NAXAk2ebA

Wanted to provide a quick update after almost 2 months , personally i didnt see any mpg gains ( i believe this is in part to my race chip gts ). i have disabled the racechip and may even un install it for my upcoming trek home . im heading to ohio from nc to pick up a car and town it back using the st so we will get a accurate mpg on the way there and on the way back anything around 15 is a win . 

zero issues with the car though , no check engine lights , bogging , power cuts . nothing it works like a charm . i did do one hard launch 3000 rpm brake boost advance trac off in sport manual mode (if you launch in manual it will auto skip 3rd ) and it was easily a low low or sub 5 launch with just a race chip and the intake . cant wait to install my charge pipe 

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 10:39 AM, kodey116 said:

Wanted to provide a quick update after almost 2 months , personally i didnt see any mpg gains ( i believe this is in part to my race chip gts ). i have disabled the racechip and may even un install it for my upcoming trek home . im heading to ohio from nc to pick up a car and town it back using the st so we will get a accurate mpg on the way there and on the way back anything around 15 is a win . 

zero issues with the car though , no check engine lights , bogging , power cuts . nothing it works like a charm . i did do one hard launch 3000 rpm brake boost advance trac off in sport manual mode (if you launch in manual it will auto skip 3rd ) and it was easily a low low or sub 5 launch with just a race chip and the intake . cant wait to install my charge pipe 

Just did the trek home without the race chip and saw 25 mpg which is about 1-2 higher than it normally gets without the race chip so definitely good , going in for service this week ( differential is making noise https://photos.app.goo.gl/vCk4nTdR3KnH47uW6)

so I’ll be uninstalling it for the warranty just in case but 20 minutes to gain what you make is awesome , I may get a steeds for noise later one but this is stealth bomber at its best 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, kodey116 said:

Just did the trek home without the race chip and saw 25 mpg which is about 1-2 higher than it normally gets without the race chip so definitely good, this is stealth bomber at its best 

Thanks for the great review and taking the time to submit the update. So glad you like it. Happy Holidays!!

Standard V3

518893379_V3TOP-VIEWSENSOR.thumb.jpg.5d072edb08a463b90d154337d65d5d95.jpg

V3 with Aux Air installed

IMG_9282.thumb.JPG.2806d4e56443d91e1d1363b3e50b04b1.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

:jump_earth:Great news !!!   A Christmas Miracle: "IRS Delays $600 Reporting Rule For PayPal And Venmo".  My tax problems are solved. Now I won't get slammed for building the V2 or V3 for forum members. I will have to be very carful and run my hobby like a business in 2023 or I will get taxed to the max. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Starting up the first batch of V3 Cold Air Intakes for 2023 on this Monday 04/03.   PM me if you’re interested in reserving one..

The V3 CAI fits:

Edge ST and Sport.equipped with the 2.7L - EB engine .
 All years. 

Edited by Xtra

It is good for me to to start building the V2 And V3 again now that it is spring and the weather is getting better. It forces me to get out of the rocking chair and do something constructive...lol

Soon that parts will start arriving and fabrication can begin.

• Like 2

Just picked up a new 6 inch dial caliper. After many years my old set of calipers finally gave up after I dropped them one too many times. 

I prefer dial calipers to the digital as no battery is needed, and they always work when you need them .... Unless you drop them and they get a bend in them .    lol 

Almost all of the parts have arrived, but still waiting on the plastic shop to deliver the Adaptor blanks.  A good set of calipers is needed to build the V3 as the parts need to fit air tight and holes need to be drilled spot on. 

These should provide years of service. 

IMG_1309.JPG

Edited by Xtra

Just received word from the plastic shop that they will vacuum form the Adaptors next week. Still waiting for the Air Temp Sensors to arrive as well. But it looks as though it will all come together sometime next week. At that point fabrication can begin. There is still one V3 available in this run.   

• Like 1