Xtra

V3 Edge ST & Sport 2.7EB Air Box

The Rotozip makes a mess and perhaps some day I will discover a better way to cut this . Day One. 

IMG_0575.JPG

After cleaning up the mess that sticks to the cut it looks much better. Precision on this cut is not necessary as this is trimmed  away in the next cut. . 

IMG_0573.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

The success of the V2 allowed me to develop the V3. Now that the V3 is fully developed and in production, I want to thank everyone who has supported me in my endeavors to bring a true CAI system to the Edge ST and Sport. The V3 costs around  $330 to produce, and there is very little mark up. Just enough to allow me to keep making them. My labor is basically free, as it is a hobby and a labor of love. My reward is seeing the V2 and V3  in members cars and hearing how much they like them . Corny I know.... but true.  Without a doubt, if some other manufacture says that their CAI can make +24 HP & +23 Lbs. on the ST,   the V3 will not only match that, the V3 flows better, and supports much more HP than theirs. I will also put the quality of the V3 CAI system up against any other CAI for the Edge  I am very proud of what has been accomplished, and it would have not been possible without this forum and it's members support. Thank you all. 

FOR-006-112_extra_01.jpg

IMG_7161.JPG

7F2100_extra_02-1.jpg

IMG_7165.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

V3 TOP- VIEW & SENSOR.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 5

I'd like to get one ordered but everytime I try and send you a DM is says you're not allowed to receive them. Have you been a bad boy?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MB022803 said:

I'd like to get one ordered but everytime I try and send you a DM is says you're not allowed to receive them. Have you been a bad boy?

Thanks for posting,  my mail box was full. It should be working now. I will PM you . 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Working on a lid with the Auxiliary Air Intake today. The Aux Air is a popular option along with the Oiled Washable Filter. 

Got everything fabricated and ready for polishing before final assembly.  Day Two

IMG_0585.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought a V3 Filter and a Flex Hose for the Aux Air Intake last week. I placed the very same order 2 days later and to my surprise the filter's cost went up 7.7% and the Flex hose went up  68% ...in just two days !!! Thats crazy... I will hold the price where it's at and suck up the difference, but this inflation and what ever it is (don't call it a recession),  is getting expensive.

• Sad 1

Managed to finish up the mods to the lid for the Aux Aix Intake. 

Cut, shaped, bent, drilled and polished ready to assemble. Day Three. 

IMG_0591.thumb.JPG.2b96d6b0f4a2646e5468b22d300cb9a6.JPG

Sealed air tight, riveted Aux Air and Sensor port.

IMG_0594.thumb.JPG.98ec593718866eb024c58edd5d8875ae.JPG

All this lid needs now is for the RTV to dry, and a gasket. 

IMG_0593.thumb.JPG.25e44da84f6d6186e50c8e94aaac528a.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Started work on the Adaptor today. Day Four. 

After cutting it out and trimming, more tape is added to protect the edges.

IMG_0599.JPG

The Adaptor is squared up to sit flat,  and then the edge protector is added. This edge protector also helps seal the adaptor to the lid gasket . 

IMG_0600.JPG

Once the edge protector is installed, more tape is added for protection. 

IMG_0611.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Day Five working at my shop. These posts show what is involved in making just one V3 . 

Today work continues on the Adaptor. 

This is the high density foam gasket that seals the V3 Adaptor to he OEM air box bottom half. 

IMG_0622.thumb.JPG.24c6a32414a137ecb13ea83ce37e7635.JPG

The latches and C-Clip complete the Lid side of the Adaptor. The latches are very tight on this V3 Adaptor and snap into place with authority. As the foam gasket on the lid compresses over time the latches will be easier to catch. 

IMG_0619.thumb.JPG.c039de2e160680cb35f4ddc112458558.JPG

Close up of the CNC machined C-Clip... 

IMG_0618.thumb.JPG.f0f1190541227e37750932491f59d208.JPG

Tomorrow work will continue on the OEM air box side of the Adaptor. 

Edited by Xtra

The Oiled, Washable, Reusable, Air Filter came in today.  I will keep it wrapped and boxed up as it the last thing to install before shipment. 

IMG_0625.JPG

It was a quiet Friday night and the air filter had arrived, so I went back to work and finished up the side that hooks up to the car.

These are the tabs that go to the front. 

IMG_0627.JPG

These are the J-Hooks that the OEM air box clips to.

IMG_0629.JPG

The Adaptor is now complete. It needs to cure overnight to achieve 80% strength. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

The V3 CAI pictured above is now on it’s way into an ST. There are still a couple V3s available and they need a home. Adopt a V3 now and let you Ecoboost breathe.