Sign in to follow this  
1004ron

SiriusXM Traffic expires soon

My 5 year complementary  SiriusXM Traffic expires in about 8 months and I don't plan on paying a monthly or annual fee for traffic, so is there an alternate free option, other than using Apple Carplay and Waze etc.?

1 hour ago, 1004ron said:

My 5 year complementary  SiriusXM Traffic expires in about 8 months and I don't plan on paying a monthly or annual fee for traffic, so is there an alternate free option, other than using Apple Carplay and Waze etc.?

I never used it.... How does it compare to Waze and other apps that are available?

I seldom use it, but it has worked when needed.

I haven't done any long trips with me Sport, but whenever I hear that there's traffic issues on my route home from work, I turn on the GPS and it uses the Sirius traffic to re-route me.

My Sport came with 6 months free XM radio and 5 years free traffic.

• Like 1

Not to segway from the original questions. But, I always felt the traffic option via SiriusXM was a tad bit slow... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, circatee said:

Not to segway from the original questions. But, I always felt the traffic option via SiriusXM was a tad bit slow... 

My commute is mostly on the I71, and it would have me take an alternate exit etc., so no rapid response required like you'd need in city traffic.

• Like 2

@1004ron is there any particular reason you don't want to use apple car play or android auto? i find the whole nav experience to be infinitely better than sirius. i'm not crazy about waze because of the sponsored placements but google maps is fantastic. i would guess that apple maps is good as well.

5 hours ago, ben senise said:

@1004ron is there any particular reason you don't want to use apple car play or android auto? i find the whole nav experience to be infinitely better than sirius. i'm not crazy about waze because of the sponsored placements but google maps is fantastic. i would guess that apple maps is good as well.

Recently I used my iPhone and Google maps in a rental car on a long distance trip and it worked great, but don't want to bother with the cable for my daily commute.

I understand later vehicle models can do this using BT, and that would resolve the inconvenience.

2 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Recently I used my iPhone and Google maps in a rental car on a long distance trip and it worked great, but don't want to bother with the cable for my daily commute.

I understand later vehicle models can do this using BT, and that would resolve the inconvenience.

4 hours ago, 1004ron said:

how about a cradle with a cable? i had this in my last edge and it was very convenient. just drop the phone in and pull it out. much better than fiddling with a cable. i got the pro clip https://www.proclipusa.com/