Sign in to follow this  
SkipGrahamNC

Can't find Early Model Edge Liftgate Lock Actuator

2011 Ford Edge manual tailgate and the liftgate actuator seems shot. This is NOT a power liftgate model. I can find the part for later models, but not the 2011. A Google search will return Dorman parts: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-940-131-Tailgate-Actuator-Explorer/dp/B07CPY41B4/ but when I go there it says it will not fit the 2011 Edge. Dorman website says the same thing and comes back with no options. I've been to every auto parts website - no matches by part number nor use. Again, I can find the part for later models. The OEM part number off the part I removed is 7T4A7843102A - but all that returns are used European versions with a slightly different housing for the Ford Kuga. The Dorman part listed above looks almost exactly the same as the unit I have removed, but it says it does not fit the 2011 Edge. I'm at a loss. How hard can this by? Anyone else replaced the liftgate actuator on a 2011 Edge with a manual liftgate? And if so what part did you use? I found a couple of posts here that had other part numbers listed but nothing that returned anything when I searched for them. Thanks for any help!

pulse-image-1625428513552.jpg

Seems the part number is actually "7T4Z-7843150-B". You can find it here or search eBay.

Note that as per the vehicle fitment guide, the same part fits 2007 till 2014 Edge models with the manual tailgate.

• Like 1