Bluetooth not connecting

On 8/14/2021 at 9:14 AM, Starting to hate this car said:

Thank you.  I have done this and it still doesn't see my phone.  I will check to see if I have the most up to date software version.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A51.  I've never tried to connect my phone to my laptop.  This issue with my phone and car not recognizing each other started before I got this new phone and the old phone used to connect but it stopped working when I had the old phone.

I don't think it will show up on the sync screen until you start the scan from the phone. Sync is looking but until the cell phone starts sending that it's available, sync will never see it.

But as you had it synced on a previous phone and lost it, sounds like the APIM is malfunctioning. When you lost the connection on the previous phone, were you doing anything or did it just drop? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 4:26 PM, enigma-2 said:

I don't think it will show up on the sync screen until you start the scan from the phone. Sync is looking but until the cell phone starts sending that it's available, sync will never see it.

But as you had it synced on a previous phone and lost it, sounds like the APIM is malfunctioning. When you lost the connection on the previous phone, were you doing anything or did it just drop? 

Thank you for responding.  Sorry, I have been dealing with the Caldor fire that is very close to my house so I had to step away from this problem!  The prior phone just dropped one day for no reason.