Doing a DTC scan and found this. Anyone know what it means and is it something I should bring in (I have 3 months remaining on my factory warranty)

DTC U3003.jpg

FORScan Lite's descriptor for the U3003 Digital Trouble Code is consistent with the 2018 Edge/MKX Workshop Manual, which provides a diagnostic procedure to test potential fault sources, including wiring, terminals and connectors, battery, charging system, and the affected module(s).

The procedure does note that the code may be stored in the module memory due to past battery charging or vehicle jump-starting events, which may be indicated by charging system DTCs stored in other modules' memories.

Because the Edge is recently new-to-you and you cannot be sure if any prior owner action may have triggered the code, and, warranty coverage still exists on the vehicle, I would have the dealer check it out, if for no other reason than to document the fault existing before the warranty expires, just in case it reoccurs.

Below are download links for relevant Workshop Manual sections, which will enhance your awareness.

DTC U3003_1C Diagnostic and Testing Procedure - HUDM - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Steering Angle Sensor Module Wiring Connector Location - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Adaptive Steering System Electronic Modules Wiring Diagram - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Steering Effort Control Module Wiring Connector Location - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Adaptive Steering - System Operation and Component Description - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Power Steering - System Operation and Component Description - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Module Configuration - Systems Operation and Component Description - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1

Very helpful!! THANK YOU!! 👍