ccutaia1

Help: Remove rearview mirror shroud on 2018 Edge with adaptive cruise

Hi, I want to put in a mirror power tap for my 2018 Edge and need to remove the adaptive cruise/lane keep camera shroud cover. Can someone show me the way????

It is not the same shroud as a 2018 Edge, the camera area, lower shroud needs to come off and it is not the same as the 2020 Edge or the one in the Raptor video.

Edited by ccutaia1

The 2018 Edge Workshop Manual provides the following illustrations relating to Item 1, the Image Processing Module A (IPMA)...

IPMA Camera Location.jpg

...showing this cutaway illustration of the IPMA and the shroud...

IPMA Camera with Cutaway Shroud Illustration.jpg

...and this illustration showing directional arrows for removal of the two shroud components...

IPMA Camera with Shroud Removal Illustration.jpg

...and this illustration of the underlying IPMA windshield heating element with the glass-attached mirror mount...

IPMA Camera Heated Windshield Element.jpg

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

Thanks for the illustration but I need to know how it unclips, removes from the hardware holding the shroud in place.

See pix 3 in the set Haz provided. To remove, just pull it off by hand. I believe that the green shaded part comes first. To replace, it clips back in. (From 150 forum).

As far as plugging in the Mirror Tap,  pin #1 is black ( +12 volts) and pin #4  is green (ground).

It is not as easy as just pulling it off. The 1st time I did it I pulled the whole setup off the window camera and all. There is a sequence to removing it.

I have a 16 which I am going to guess will be the same as an 18 and it doesn't have the nice pop in clips like the 19.  Frankly it was a pain to put back on after taking it off.  Its a piss poor design.

I just need removal instructions on what looks like a 16-18 Edge with lane keep option.

Here is what I have been looking for. Seem the Explorer has the same setup: