Sign in to follow this  
flymore

How often do you put on your emergncy brake?

How often do you put on your emergncy brake?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you put on your emergncy brake? Didn't use my emergency brake in a long time and did a hard stop felt like my front tires were doing all the stopping. After setting my emergency brake definitely noticed the difference.

• Maybe once a year. What's an emergency brake?
    • Maybe once a month.
    • Weekly.
    • Several times a week.
    • Daily whenever I park the car.

I used to put on daily whenever I park as it was along time habit, but recently with it being electrical on the Gen2 Edge I just felt that the actuator might fail sooner if I kept engaging it every single time. So now I judge when I park, if it is  a level surface I'd skip engaging the parking brake.

• Like 1

Every time I park the vehicle...........unless I forget to. I was taught long ago to do this to take the stress off of the parking pawl when the vehicle is parked on an incline. And by doing so you also prevent the cables from seizing from lack of use.

I shift my Mustang with manual transmission into neutral and apply the parking brake every time I park it........without fail.

• Like 1

All the time I park it's on a level surface, therefore I never need or set it when I park.

Years ago on several cars if you put on the parking brake, it wouldn't release.  The parking brake would stick in the locked position, this makes me reluctant to use it as well.

My Edge stops better after I've set the parking brake.

I'll have to remember to set it once in awhile.