Engine number/code and VIN location?

igna

• 1004ron changed the title to Engine number/code location?

Hi, I need to register my car in Spain, my country. In order to do it they ask me for a lot of tech data. One of the things they ask is the engine code. I'm not sure if US cars have a code printed on their engines. I'm confused. I've been talking with Ford US and they are going to mail me a tech sheet with a lot of information, but they guy didn't know about that "engine code", maybe the US cars don't have a code or serial for the engine? I'm confused.

I looked online for it and says:

Where is the engine number located?
The engine number is found on the body of the car's engine. Car manufacturers ensure that the number is clearly visible. It is imprinted on a metal sticker and placed in such a way that it is easy to see when you open the hood.

Do Ford cars have a number like this?

Thanks again!
  • Like 1

@igna

Engine Identification

For quick identification, refer to the safety certification decal.

• The decal is located on the LH front door lock face panel.

Engine Code Information Label

The engine code information label, located on the front side of the valve cover, contains the following:

image.png.8c5a41d0bbf18a13111601425cbca3a6.png

Item Description
1 Engine part number
2 Engine plant (Cleveland)
3 Engine displacement
4 Engine configuration
5 Twin independent Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT)
6 Bar code
7 Bar code
8 Running number
9 Engine build date (DDMMYY)
10 Plant shift line
11 Derivative code

On 10/25/2021 at 8:38 PM, igna said:

"Hi, I need to register my car in Spain, my country."

Have you shipped your Edge from North America to Spain? That's interesting. I guess it wasn't too expensive then?

The model you have, the SEL and it's engine are not available on any of the European Edges over here- they are all diesels.

It'll be interesting to see how you get on and whether you have any problems getting spares and having the car serviced.

2 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

@igna

Engine Identification

The engine code information label, located on the front side of the valve cover, contains the following:

Some countries check the engine number stamped on the block to verify that its the original, not a replacement, and not listed as stolen - I'm guessing this what the igna needs is for.

21 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

@igna

Engine Identification

image.png.8c5a41d0bbf18a13111601425cbca3a6.png

Item Description
1 Engine part number
2 Engine plant (Cleveland)
3 Engine displacement
4 Engine configuration
5 Twin independent Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT)
6 Bar code
7 Bar code
8 Running number
9 Engine build date (DDMMYY)
10 Plant shift line
11 Derivative code

Thanks!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, niceonept said:

Have you shipped your Edge from North America to Spain? That's interesting. I guess it wasn't too expensive then?

The model you have, the SEL and it's engine are not available on any of the European Edges over here- they are all diesels.

It'll be interesting to see how you get on and whether you have any problems getting spares and having the car serviced.

The shipment cost was around $1,000. The issue is the burocracy in Spain, a lot of paperwork, several fees... But it is worth since the car was almost new.

19 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Some countries check the engine number stamped on the block to verify that its the original, not a replacement, and not listed as stolen - I'm guessing this what the igna needs is for.

Correct, that's what they were asking about, an engine number stamped somewhere in the engine. Thanks!

On 10/30/2021 at 7:49 AM, igna said:

The shipment cost was around $1,000. The issue is the burocracy in Spain, a lot of paperwork, several fees... But it is worth since the car was almost new.

Cool. That's not that much really considering the overall cost of the car. And you get quite a unique vehicle - big powerful engine and in left hand drive too!

Are there any mods you need to make to make it legal for Spanish roads....like fitting rear fog lamps?

• 2 weeks later...