oskar27

Battery Removal 2016 Edge Titanium 2L EcoBoost

I may have to change the battery and looking at it stuck into that cavity I find it a very difficult place to work. I see there is a bracket in the front of the battery and at the bottom holding the battery to the base with one bolt and I assume there is not one also at the back because if there is one it will be inaccessible.

Since I have to remove the negative terminal first I hope I can slide the battery enough towards the front to get access to the terminals bolt.

Any tips before I dive into it?

Remove that one bracket at the front bottom and the whole battery slides forward.  Super easy.

It is that easy.  There is room to get it out after removing that lower bracket off.  You can remove the air filter box for more room but is completely optional.

I would not say completely optional but based on my experience with that heavy battery located in that difficult cavity you taking a chance to damage the air filter cover. I removed the filter cover since it was so easy and the rest was so easy.

What I found surprising was the unusual bracket in the negative cable. Why have this kind of adapter to connect the negative cable and not have a similar cable like the positive? Perhaps because it would have been more difficult to use a wrench in that location?

Car Battery5.jpg