2015 Edge sport rear brake calipers and Elec parking brake

Eric46

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the forum and need some help.  I've attempted a rear break job and DID NOT put the car into "Maintenance mode" before I removed the rear pads, rotors.  Now I've got a problem b/c I can't get the pistons back in.  I attempted to put the car into "MM" and the driver caliper popped.. and now needs to be replaced.  I'm looking for parts but would love any input on completing this job.  Thank you

23 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

Have you tried compressing the pistons? A tool like this makes it easy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085THCFPJ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_BVWEBN5WX2MN0J2XT20R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

That wont work for the rear caliper. You need the tool that rotates the piston as it compresses it.

Disc Brake Caliper Compression Wind Back Tool

• Like 2

5 hours ago, handfiler said:

That wont work for the rear caliper. You need the tool that rotates the piston as it compresses it.

Disc Brake Caliper Compression Wind Back Tool

The 15's and up don't use the screw type that I know of.  When I did the brakes on my 16 the service manual didn't call for screw type.  I believe that is 14 and earlier.

31 minutes ago, jmr061 said:

Here is what I have for the 2016...

2016 Edge Rear Brake Pads.pdf

Refer to step 6 in the documentation you provided.

6. NOTICE: Use care when pushing the caliper piston into the caliper piston bores or damage to
components may occur.
Compress the brake caliper piston until the piston bottoms out in the brake caliper bore.
NOTICE: Do not apply over 20 Nm (177 in-lb) force when rotating the brake caliper piston or
internal damage to the brake caliper may occur

Hi all - thank you so much for the help and comments.  However, I did not use the piston compression tool. I actually took the motor off of the caliper and manually (crescent wrench) spun the piston back.  Once the brakes were removed I could not get the vehicle into MM.  

• Like 1

• 1004ron changed the title to 2015 Edge sport rear brake calipers and Elec parking brake