2021 Ford Edge - Forward Camera stop working after 5/13 Sync update.

1 hour ago, John S said:

No.  Never got specific actions to try, because at the time I called we were still waiting for a fix to be available. I just set my vehicle and My Ford App up to receive an update if there  was one. That is to the best of my technical ability, which luckily seemed to be enough. The good news, compared to a few days ago ,at least there seems to be a fix in place.  Based on the response you received, you may want to try your dealers service department. 

Okay thanks. Hopefully my update will come through soon. 

I have a 2021 Edge ST with the same problem. I took it back to the dealer in June. I got a response that Ford was aware of the issue and there would be an OTA software update, expected sometime in September to correct the issue. As of today, my issue has not been corrected. 

I know I'm a bit late getting into this topic, does anyone have an update???? 

Below is a copy of the email response from Ford.

2022_06_17_09_20_40 (2).pdf

hello I have my EDGE ST 2021 and used to had the same issue with the front camera, just working when start my EDGE and once I drove and stop doesn't worked no more, but with the last update Ford Power-Up 3.5.4  is working the front camera and also I see a new  games, so far is good and is working for me.

I hope this will help you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, VRH said:

I’ve been thinking of turning mine off too!  

Happy for all of you, but mine is still a nightmare. Ford told me that in order to receive this update I have to have a schedule set. Now found out my schedule isn't saving like it's supposed to so Ford says that's an issue the dealer has to fix. Can't get an appointment until November 21st. Like I said one big nightmare ?

No, not necessarily, from the TSB 22-2419 with emphasis added...

NOTE: The APIM software update that addresses the symptom listed in this article may have been delivered over-the-air (OTA) via Ford Power-Up software updates to connected vehicles that have automatic updates enabled through the center display screen. Enter the vehicle identification number (VIN) in Professional Technician System (PTS) and check the OTA Dashboard under the Connected Vehicle tab for OTA update history. If an update to the APIM has been successfully completed recently and the customer is reporting the symptoms are no longer present, this article may not apply. 

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

From the traffic I have seen on this site, it seems like most people have been able to get the download over the air, including myself. However, one person was having trouble and was told by the dealer they would have it done at the dealership. From the communication HAZ replied with, it looks like the tech can check if the download was made without going through a long process of just downloading it. 

36 minutes ago, John S said:

From the traffic I have seen on this site, it seems like most people have been able to get the download over the air, including myself. However, one person was having trouble and was told by the dealer they would have it done at the dealership. From the communication HAZ replied with, it looks like the tech can check if the download was made without going through a long process of just downloading it. 

I haven't gotten it yet. It appears that my schedule is not saving so Ford said  to get that checked out at the dealership. Leave it to me to have more issues than anyone else ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 9:13 AM, Ford Fanatic 28 said:

I haven't gotten it yet. It appears that my schedule is not saving so Ford said  to get that checked out at the dealership. Leave it to me to have more issues than anyone else ?

Well FINALLY got the TSB downloaded at the dealership and so far so good. Very happy to have my front camera  back. What an ordeal. 

• Like 1