Sign in to follow this  
gwbmcse

Need some advice on Ford service

I have a 2020 Edge ST and I hit a rabbit doing about 70. Next thing I know, an alert popped up saying " Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Sensor Blocked" as well as no adaptive cruise control. Took it to Ford service and they said the bracket was broken behind the sensor plate on the lower grill and the sensor and camera were just sort of hanging there. Total to fix is $600 for the part and labor to pull the bumper, replace the bracket, put the bumper back on and calibrate.  They said its about a 4-5 hour job. I dont really mind since this was an accident and no fault of the car but does the cost seem reasonable for the work and part involved? Asking other Ford mechanics...

This is a super small Ford dealership in my hometown and I just want to make sure they arent trying to take me for a ride.

Thx

$600 for parts and labor seems about right to me.

• Like 1

Great! Thanks for the input.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:08 AM, gwbmcse said:

I have a 2020 Edge ST and I hit a rabbit doing about 70. Next thing I know, an alert popped up saying " Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Sensor Blocked" as well as no adaptive cruise control. Took it to Ford service and they said the bracket was broken behind the sensor plate on the lower grill and the sensor and camera were just sort of hanging there. Total to fix is $600 for the part and labor to pull the bumper, replace the bracket, put the bumper back on and calibrate.  They said its about a 4-5 hour job. I dont really mind since this was an accident and no fault of the car but does the cost seem reasonable for the work and part involved? Asking other Ford mechanics...

This is a super small Ford dealership in my hometown and I just want to make sure they arent trying to take me for a ride.

Thx

Did it break the grille? Idke about whatever camera they were talking about since the lane keeping stuff is up in the windshield and the front camera camera is below the ford logo. But our main grilles feel like they're made out of Styrofoam. I feel like if I hit a solid bug ag 70 mph I'll crack it. 

They're probably referring to the radar plate mounted on the lower grille.

• Like 1

Images from the 2021 Edge Workshop Manual...

Good luck!

460949258_CruiseControlModule-FrontView-2021EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.bafb1ea7889f53cf276584fb6f734c94.jpg

1897537682_CruiseControlModule-RearView-2021EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.56e587b3f8098352c2b5f8531a92403d.jpg

345067404_CruiseControlModule-LocationIllustration-2021EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.fa6fa4144599a0e1950eb68637f954d2.jpg