JohnHoover

a to-do list edge 2012

Hi all! I recently bought Ford Edge 2012 and am very happy with the car!

I'm new to the forum, I would like to know how to improve the car, improve the interior, or maybe there is a list of what needs to be done immediately after purchase?

• Like 2

Welcome to the Forum!

Input you Edge's VIN into this Ford website to determine if your Edge has any outstanding Field Service Actions, looking especially for 13N02 Brake Booster Extended Warranty coverage, which may be expiring soon for many vehicles, based upon new vehicle purchase date. 

If 13N02 is not listed, then your Edge has already received a new Brake Booster after the failure of the originally-installed component, so that's good news.

The following is a PDF download link to the document sent to original owners - 13N02 - Brake Booster Warranty Extension - 2010 thru 2013 Edge and MKX.pdf

Good luck!

• Like 1

Drop by you local dealer and ask them to printout whatever maintenance history on file with Ford. Granted the previous owner(s) may have used non-Ford service, or even did his own; but a well-cared for Ford is usually serviced through the dealership for the first few years, and the service history will be on file.

• Like 2