Headlight replacement

Only thing that comes to mind is new bulbs pull too much current for existing relay. I'd try substituting a different relay (that's rated to handle the current of the new bulbs), contacting the manufacturer for advice (have they had this happen before) or replacing the original bulbs to see if it fixes the problem. 

Since it uses the same bulb for low and high, I don't know why they give 2 different lumen numbers. High beam just opens a shutter, I am guessing that you didn't use the resistors thinking they were for the turn signal? I would guess that there isn't enough resistance on the high beam side if it goes directly to a small motor or whatever to move the shutter.

With single bulb with single filament, I don't know what sort of voodoo they do in the housing. Since the same bulb is always on do they power it always somehow, is there a diode and it is fed by both low and high? With the extra leads out for the headlight, you probably need the resistors.