jljbtm

What years are best for edge?

My 2016 Edge has had no trouble for 80,000 miles, I did only tire and brakes but now rear shocks as it seems they are making some clunking noise.

Are newer "years" same or better?

I have a 2020 SE with 72,000 miles. Other than oil changes, it’s perfect so far. 

My '15 rear shocks died at about 60k miles; well, actually just one. It seized solid and would NOT move, making it "crash" over bumps until I replaced it. They are cheap/easy to replace if you're mechanically inclined, really. It was the only issue in my '15; though, I did do a Sync3 upgrade which is a must.  Needed rear brake shoes too at about 60k miles while the fronts were fine. That's odd since the fronts SHOULD be doing the majority of braking, so maybe this is something to do with the electronic parking brake or something. Same thing is happening with the Mrs Volvo: rears down to 4mm while the fronts are at 8mm. This is with the Sport model and the 2.7l turbo motor.  The motor in the car is also pretty important in this discussion, obviously. Early '15 models had water ingress issues due to a manufacturing defect. This was rectified around May of 2016, as I recall. There's a smoking issue related to the oil feed tube in 16-17 models with cutoffs dates in there somewhere. The '19+ are nice, but it seems they removed some features and the ST version also has an all-black headliner area, making the interior feel a bit like the bat cave. Some like it, some don't, and some don't even notice until you point it out to them. I've got an ''18 Sport and have only had it a few months. I THOUGHT maybe I was using coolant, but a dealer checkup says "all good". I'll monitor coolant levels.

It's an easy car to maintain and the technology

The best Ford Edge & Lincoln MKX model years are 2022, 2021 2020, 2019, 2018, 2014, and 2009. 

The worst model years for the Edge and Lincoln MKX are 2015, 2016, 2017, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2007 and 2008. 

The best of the best are 2020, 2021, and 2022 Ford Edge & Lincoln (as would be expected).

This is based on auto industry reviews, NHTSA statistics, reported problems and consumer feedback.

RE: 15 Best & Worst Ford Edge Years (With Facts & Stats). 

https://enginepatrol.com/ford-edge-best-and-worst-years/

• Thanks 1