Shop Manuals

weasel

I realize that most of us are under warranty and won't be doing much in the way of major repairs, but I want to stick my neck out here. The mailman brought me a complete set of manuals for a 2008 Edge/MKX ( including wiring diagrams. ). If anyone needs anythng specific, I may be able to help. Keep in mind I work shift work and have dial-up internet. If you need a scan of something, I can give it a try, but it will really depend on its size as to whether I can post or e-mail it.

Cheers and have a good new year !

Derek

Hi Weasel,

I have some Vizualogic DVD Headrests on order. Should have them this weekend. I want to tie them into someplace that will be switched by the ignition. Does the service manual list any wiring information that would give that sort of information along with supported amperage so that I can make sure I use a line that has enough juice to support the players?

Many Thanks :rockon:

Mark

Hi Weasel,

I have some Vizualogic DVD Headrests on order. Should have them this weekend. I want to tie them into someplace that will be switched by the ignition. Does the service manual list any wiring information that would give that sort of information along with supported amperage so that I can make sure I use a line that has enough juice to support the players?

Many Thanks :rockon:

Mark

Sort of, but its not like a list as one might hope. If you are looking for info like that, the best place is to look in the fuse panel. All the amperage information is right there. One circuit that I think might be of some use is for the rear window defroster. Double check with a MM first though.

Sort of, but its not like a list as one might hope. If you are looking for info like that, the best place is to look in the fuse panel. All the amperage information is right there. One circuit that I think might be of some use is for the rear window defroster. Double check with a MM first though.

Thanks for the reply. Does the book happen to show which lines are switched? I would guess that's probably not a list either though :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "MM"? Multimeter?

Thanks again.

• 7 months later...

I realize that most of us are under warranty and won't be doing much in the way of major repairs, but I want to stick my neck out here. The mailman brought me a complete set of manuals for a 2008 Edge/MKX ( including wiring diagrams. ). If anyone needs anythng specific, I may be able to help. Keep in mind I work shift work and have dial-up internet. If you need a scan of something, I can give it a try, but it will really depend on its size as to whether I can post or e-mail it.

Derek

Can you tell me how to remove the front lower bumper/air dam? I don't have fog lamps in it, if that makes any difference.

• Like 1

stats.gifFrom the looks of it you could have your own forum and make a career out of answering questions.

Some of the questions asked so far should be obvious to anyone that has SOME automotive knowledge or ability.

I think you offer of assistance is wonderful and I hope the offer doesn't overwhelm you.

IF I need your assistance I know where to find you.

Thanks reading.gif

• 6 months later...

Derek

Derek,

I have no license plate lights. I have changed out the bulbs with no luck. Does your manual tell what fuse/circuit these are under? There doesn't appear to be anything else NOT working.

Thanks, John

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying ( I sometimes forget about this thread ! ) I am at work right now and I'll check when I get home. Usually something like the license plate lights would be on the same circuit as something else ( just because they don't draw a whole lot of power ).

No fair !! Beat me to it ... Here's the short ( no pun intended ) story. If your tail lights light up, so should your lp lights ( same fuse ). The LP lights share the same ground as your rear window defroster. So if that works, the ground should be good. Sorry, but it looks as though you'll have to trace wires. Any violet/white wire back there will give you power.

Thanks for the reply from both weasel and 07crush. If Ford can't fix this under warranty, I at least have a starting point.

7/22/2010 Update:

Turned out that a connector behind the tailgate cover had come loose. Mystery as to how that happened remains.

Edited by jkpeterson53

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I require all the diagrams and information related to the automatic dual zone heating and air conditioning. I have an issue with the driver side blowing cold air only and need to see how to replace the blend doors in the box. It looks like the actuators are working fine.

That would be awesome.

I know it was pirated but I bought a CD from ebay for under $10 . It was supposed to be just for the 2008 generation Edge but turned out to be a copy of about 7 Ford Truck models taken from factory manuals . Its not complete on each model but it included probably 95% of the Edge manual and is sufficient for most anything someone who DIYs would need.

I'd think your heat door issue might be from hot expansion having warped the door and damaging it from binding or if you live in a cold part of the country ice intrusion into the system from winter ice buildup on the exterior cowel panel. I've seen both these scenarios in various makes through the years in the shop where I work . Its happened because of the bad winters we had two or more years ago and the high summer heat that the country has experienced. I work in a GM shop and there has been a higher than normal number of heater/ac door damage than I've ever seen . I know guys who do leak repairs and they have seen ice or water intrusion on Ford, Chrysler , GM , Toyota , Hyundai and BMW in the past few years that hadn't been issues before. So even if you get your problem fixed , look for a root cause as a precaution .

Edited by BLACK ICE

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 2008 Edge that I will be flat towing behind my RV. I read the manual and it just says to place the trans in N and the key to ACC position. I am concerned that there will be a battery drain because even with the radio off the FORD logo displays and it sounds like a fan is running somewhere.. Am I missing something>

I have the 2008 Edge that I will be flat towing behind my RV. I read the manual and it just says to place the trans in N and the key to ACC position. I am concerned that there will be a battery drain because even with the radio off the FORD logo displays and it sounds like a fan is running somewhere.. Am I missing something>

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/10345-flat-towing-the-edge-behind-your-rv/