Hi from Ontario ??

Jdw

Just purchased my first new used Ford product since 1998! Got a 2021 Edge sel with only 14000 Kms. Loving it so far, but I have been unable connect vehicle thru the Ford Pass app, it keeps giving me error messages, hopefully find some guidance of the forum

Hi. Thanks for the info on the Ford Pass issue, my Edge is Star White metallic tri-coat, with the ebony activex  leather look material which appears as good as a leather material, but time will tell also has pano roof, co-pilot 360 assist +, I tend to keep my vehicle for a long period as we average about 10-12000 km per year.  As for the pass issue I was on chat with support , but lost contact twice!! over 1 hr. No problem is that I can’t do master reset as that button is greyed out, actually I tried to a ford pass connect reset and that button does not do anything !! So maybe best to contact via phone , 

• Like 1

I had to remove and re-add the vehicle a couple of times into my existing FordPass app (I have 2 vehicles already in it), the dealer said incorrectly that it was because there was no WiFi (it uses cell service) and that it was under a canopy (not an underground bunker with 10 layers of concrete). I couldn't scan the VIN tag so I manually entered it, and the third time I did it I got the prompt on the screen in the car to Allow.

I had just done a master reset because I didn't want the previous owner to still have access to the vehicle via FordPass. I think I got ahead of myself by trying the first time in the app before doing the master reset the first time (while waiting for the paperwork to be done and the final detailing done).

Once I updated to 3.4 FordConnect reset was removed, I am not sure how it is done with 3.4. The vehicle has to be running, and I don't remember if it was this or getting the door code, but all doors have to be closed.

• Like 1

Update on my Ford pass issue, I tried to activate vehicle got same error message, so this time I called ford support, had a great gal who was knowledgeable and was able to provide me some great info regarding my vehicle, she stated that my vehicle hadn’t communicated with Ford in the last few days and she could see    lots of communication errors at her end, she told me apparently my dealership tried back in June 2022 to flash the TsB info to this vehicle via usb but they couldn’t get to the flash to work. Decision then was to replace complete screen and modem thru warranty(previous owners)……but this rep states that the service records indicated that after replacement there was still problems (she didn’t specify)…….we both guessed that service department got new screen working correctly at some point and the previous owners traded in the vehicle…… I am questioning as to why they traded in so soon? Maybe ongoing screen issues?.   As stated I purchased this edge used from same dealership, ford pass rep told me to take it in for service, maybe some loose wiring etc……back to dealership Monday….keep you posted

followup note: My Edge goes for service for this issue on Feb 01, will post update on fix 

Edited by Jdw
Additional info

1 hour ago, Jdw said:

Update on my Ford pass issue, I tried to activate vehicle got same error message, so this time I called ford support, had a great gal who was knowledgeable and was able to provide me some great info regarding my vehicle, she stated that my vehicle hadn’t communicated with Ford in the last few days and she could see    lots of communication errors at her end, she told me apparently my dealership tried back in June 2022 to flash the TsB info to this vehicle via usb but they couldn’t get to the flash to work. Decision then was to replace complete screen and modem thru warranty(previous owners)……but this rep states that the service records indicated that after replacement there was still problems (she didn’t specify)…….we both guessed that service department got new screen working correctly at some point and the previous owners traded in the vehicle…… I am questioning as to why they traded in so soon? Maybe ongoing screen issues?.   As stated I purchased this edge used from same dealership, ford pass rep told me to take it in for service, maybe some loose wiring etc……back to dealership Monday….keep you posted

Ford has had some programming issues with Sync 4 but I think they are resolved now.  I still need to take mine in for an update but my issues are extremely minor and involve music on USB.  Ford support is always helpful but you really lucked out.  You are going to love your car.  I had Activex in my last car and it's great.  In fact the 2023 Titanium uses it instead of leather. 

I hoping that it’s just a software issue and not some random electrical wiring issue…….. couldn’t agree more with the activex leather look material, my brother in law was convinced it was actual leather!!!……. Time will determine its wear performance …… coming from Chrysler products I’m really impressed with my Ford choice so far

Updated status: at service Feb 01/22, for 6hrs, service rep stated that had to dump and reload sync system, I am now able to connect vehicle thru Ford app!! Hopefully everything is resolved. Could member confirm their sync 4 software info as per pic so I know I am up to date   Thanks

3AB20AD7-3356-40A2-A8BD-A18B8827CC23.jpeg

Edited by Jdw
Updated info