What's your gas mileage?

trelli86

2008 MKX FWD

4700 miles

average 16.9 - City (mostly)

19.8 - 4 hours Highway (travel)

all is computer. Sigh i was though I can get 24 on highway and 19 on city. oh well

You should be getting 23-24 on the highway. Did you reset the mpg readout after you were up to speed? What speed were you driving?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My first 2009 Edge averaged 21 mpg (Calculated) over about 11,000 miles.

My second Edge averages 18.5 (calculated) over about 1,000 miles so far with similar driving to the first Edge.

The difference is that the second Edge has much wider tires. Also, with the wider tires I have SIGNIFICANTLY better handling. Driving is much less sensitive and touchy.

• 5 weeks later...

Do you reset the mpg button? On the fwy its shows me 26.8 mpg if i reset while on the fwy.....once drivin on the streets a bit it goes down to 19.7....I'm already getting way more gas mileage than my Bmw 325i....my daily commute is 3x a week 55 miles per trip....end of the week i'm still above half a tank....i'm very happy w/ that....w/ my Bmw i would be needing more PREMIUM GAS by the end of my commute for the weekend....I hope my gas mileage stays where its at, but considering that the car only has 651 miles on it I doubt it....i'll stay optimistic

I wrote in last month about my gas mileage, being a new Edge owner. I am still only getting under 17 around town and the best so far on the Hwy. is 17.6, 50 mile trip. I am going to be taking a very long trip next month, mostly highway driving, so I will see how I do. I really love the Edge, but I am not loving the gas mileage. My spouse gets better in his Nissan Xterra, I am jealous, but I have the nicer looking vehicle! :shift:

I wrote in last month about my gas mileage, being a new Edge owner. I am still only getting under 17 around town and the best so far on the Hwy. is 17.6, 50 mile trip. I am going to be taking a very long trip next month, mostly highway driving, so I will see how I do. I really love the Edge, but I am not loving the gas mileage. My spouse gets better in his Nissan Xterra, I am jealous, but I have the nicer looking vehicle! :shift:

Describe your 50 mile trip - what speed and when do you reset the MPG counter - before or after you're up to highway speed?

Also note the RPM and speed - perhaps you're not in 6th gear.

• 3 weeks later...
08 Ltd. AWD

Computer says 18. Actual 16.

Average daily commute 10 miles in town, round trip.

It barely has a chance to warm up.

That is what I get with 08 MKX 20" wheels AWD 10,000 same type driving as you. Computer is always higher than actual mileage. I have never gotten over 20 on the highway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought mine in july and was getting 24.1 to 25.8 mpg..same travel to work and such mostly highway..But I notice now in the winter here in chicago that I have dropped to 19.8 to 23.4 is the best I get..I have garage and dont use much warmup time...I drive like a wuss....lol..no leadfoot here...