ODO Data Error

dfreand

• 1 year later...

I have a 2007 Edge and just had this happen yesterday. Same as everyone shut it off, all the same lights and warnings, hard transmission. All of a sudden it kicks back in and all is fine. My Ford dealer said it would take until the end of the week to look at and no loaners. I called a local mechanic and will look at tomorrow. He told me he is hearing this in Edges and they are not aging well. I'm thinking of trading it in for a 15 but I haven't heard great reviews on the new models either. How much should I spend on this repair if anyone can share.

I have a 2007 Edge and just had this happen yesterday. Same as everyone shut it off, all the same lights and warnings, hard transmission. All of a sudden it kicks back in and all is fine. My Ford dealer said it would take until the end of the week to look at and no loaners. I called a local mechanic and will look at tomorrow. He told me he is hearing this in Edges and they are not aging well. I'm thinking of trading it in for a 15 but I haven't heard great reviews on the new models either. How much should I spend on this repair if anyone can share.

Hi! You solved the problem, I have same!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I have a 2008 Ford Edge SEL. I have been having a error message ODO data error appearing randomly with a wrench, airbag and powertrain lights all lit. It appears randomly and it forces the car to come to almost a standstill but drives in reverse fine. There are loud clunks of noise when i shift the gear. But when i put the car in park and shut it off and restart. Most often it comes back to life just like normal. Sometimes the engine light stays on. I have taken the car to get looked at to no hope. and have now spent almost $1300 on the car in repairs to sensors and flushing the transmission. I don't know what to do. I travel with 2 toddlers and am scared driving down the highway and praying that that error only appears when i'm in the car and not the kids. I don't know if i should take the car back to the dealer to have it looked at or what. the expense is killing me. why is this not a ford recall?

• 6 months later...