Sign in to follow this  
k3msugrad

Stock Grille Change out W/ OEM Colored Grill

OK, I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out. I'm replacing the stock Crome Grille w/ a colored OEM Grill. How many and which ones (BOLTS, SCREWS ETC) do I pull out, seems like I have to remove the whole front end, bumper etc to do this. Is there a diagram for this?

Edited by k3msugrad

OK, I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out. I'm replacing the stock Crome Grille w/ a colored OEM Grill. How many and which ones (BOLTS, SCREWS ETC) do I pull out, seems like I have to remove the whole front end, bumper etc to do this. Is there a diagram for this?

try the shop manual thread...

Where did you get the colored OEM grille? Did you have it painted or orcered it from another company. If so could you let me know since I am planning on replacing my grille.

I believe the easiest way to remove the grille is to take the front facia off. Once you remove the top bolts near the fan shroud you can only pull the assembly forward and the other botls are beneath the grille and there is no way to get your hand in there let alone a tool. Let me know Thanks

Where did you get the colored OEM grille? Did you have it painted or orcered it from another company. If so could you let me know since I am planning on replacing my grille.

I believe the easiest way to remove the grille is to take the front facia off. Once you remove the top bolts near the fan shroud you can only pull the assembly forward and the other botls are beneath the grille and there is no way to get your hand in there let alone a tool. Let me know Thanks

It is a Stock OEM Part, and comes in all the '09 colors, I didn't check the previous years

it's less the $200

colored grilles are listed on www.fordaccessories.com under the 2009 year. just discovered that myself.

It is a Stock OEM Part, and comes in all the '09 colors, I didn't check the previous years

it's less the $200

From what I see - only comes in four of the nine available 2009 colors (not counting primed)

Were there any changes to the 09 grille from the 08. I am deffinately gonna buy this if it fits the 08

There are no changes. I am going to be getting one of these for my wife's '08.

You'll have to pull the front bumper off to get that grill off. It's a PITA

You've got to be kidding me! That was going to be one of my next projects, but I'm not sure if I want to go through all of that.

k3msugrad,

Have you made any progress on the grille install? If so, can you post some pictures?

Thanks

well it's actually not Thaaaaat hard. Pulling the front bumper is a piece of cake, just unscrew everything that needs to be unscrewed, then pull, and taddaaaaa! Off comes the bumper. Now to get the grill off, you just have to unscrew a shit load more, thats all.

Hi all. :D And just so people who might be interested don't get too discouraged: To access the grille fasteners, it is only necessary to remove the front fascia (i.e. the bumper cover) not the entire bumper assembly. As Loosecannon states above, it is simply held on by a bunch of easily removable fasteners.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi all. :D And just so people who might be interested don't get too discouraged: To access the grille fasteners, it is only necessary to remove the front fascia (i.e. the bumper cover) not the entire bumper assembly. As Loosecannon states above, it is simply held on by a bunch of easily removable fasteners.

Good luck. :beerchug:

OK. That doesn't sound quite as bad.

i checked this site and it seems there are none available anymore???? anyone else have this issue when you go to checkout? wtf