Dash Board Glare??

blockisle9

I have an 08 and there is definitely a glare. There is no disputing it. Armor all makes it a little worse but it doesn't matter. I haven't used armor all in years, but depending on the time of day, direction your driving and amount of sunshine will depend how much glare you will get. Sunglasses help. I usually pray for a cloud.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble with glare from the dash? I get a glare and reflection of the dash on the winshield? If so what have you tried on the dash to help?

Thanks

Lenny

I happened to remember this post while we were on a day trip this last Saturday and made a special point to look for glare. Have a 2009 MKZ and have to say, I have no glare no matter what angle the sun took to the car. Do see a weak reflection of the top of the instrument cluster, but it's not really objectionable. Don't know what difference there is between the Edge and MKX; or the 09 and the 08 or 07, but they seem to have gotten it right in the 09.

I wear American Optical Pilot Aviator Sunglasses (non-polarized glass version).

Was thinking, the instrument cover is a textured, matt finish, might make a difference if one were to use conditioner and turn it shinny. Not certain as to what my detailer uses, but it seems to last and not shinny.

Edited by enigma-2