What Color (Colour) is your Ford Edge or MKX?

Edge Guide

What color is your Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. What color is your Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?

• Creme Brulee Clearcoat
    • Black Clearcoat
    • Redfire Metallic
    • Dune Pearl Metallic
    • Dark Amethyst Metallic
    • Light Sage Metallic
    • Carbon Metallic
    • Pewter Metallic
    • Blazing Copper Metallic
    • Vivid Red (MKX)
    • White Chocolate Tri-Coat (MKX)
    • Alloy Clearcoat Metallic (MKX)
    • Tuxedo Black
    • Ingot Silver
    • Ruby Red
    • Mineral Grey
    • Deep Impact Blue
    • Oxford White
    • Kodiak Brown
    • Sunset
    • Smoked Quartz (MKX)
    • Platinum Dune (MKX)

I finally settled in the 2008 MKX AWD Monochrome Limited Edition - that means glossy black and chrome. Why? Well I think the blacked out grill leaving only the Lincoln star did it for me...it makes it distinct from most other MKXs and gives it a more powerful presence on the steet (especially with that back end lit up in all it's red LED glory.

Actually, the real story was that before I made my decision, after considering many models and makes, it came down between Edge Limited in Blue and a more base RX350 in white., I liked them both but neither did quite do it for me. Next, I looked at the MKX Monochrome Limited with my wife; after she was done fondling all the buttons and the nav screen I asked her what she thinks...."Oh, you need to get this one...it look like something Darth Vader would drive! I can look like I"m driving with Darth Vader! That's so hot!" (in her world, this is a very good thing)...

So, there you have it, how I made one of my most important purchases for the next few years, my choice of car...and what all the research, time talking to other owners, and targeting marketing...it cam down to wanting to by a car because you feel "cool" driving it. Sad, but true. LOL

Oh well...the real truth of it is it is a gorgeous vehicle, that rides great, is very quiet, halls my passengers around in comfort, and has been the best think I've ever had in these crappy winter days. So, the "Darth Vader" thing is a bonus... LOL.

[quote

I like the camel leather, but at the dealer we got in and it seemed to show every little scuff. black is just more practical in the end run for me as I sleep in my cars, camp, put bikes and junk in them, beach sand everyday

Wouldn't camel mats hide the sand better than black?!!!!!!!

Just kidding, I live at the beach and got amethyst and black - for my money, the big chrome grille is a major styling feature and I like the contrast with the dark colors - anyway, my wife told me to get it!

Cheers, Andy

• 4 years later...

We found the Earth Metallic at a great (used) price here in Ontario. (didnt see that option in your pick list)

Rather cold much of the time and having any sun really heats things up in a dark car. The interior is the black leather, would have preferred the cream seats, but as said, a great deal.

By the way - researched quite a bit for the mid-size SUV and CUV. Nothing came close to the Edge with the options and performance of Ford. Love it. Closest domestic is the Enclave, but at $10k more, even used.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...