Late 2007 / 2008 changes ?

DonnaB

Hi - I am planning on ordering a Ford Edge (Canada). I hear that mid-way through the 2007s there will be a "bluetooth" type wireless phone system added. Can anyone tell me if it is available for orders for 2007 now? If not do you know when and what it is called? Also, can anyone tell me when you can likely order a 2008 in Canada? Are there any changes coming I should wait for? Maybe they will add a blue colour. It seems strange they don't offer a blue. I haven't seen the Dark Amethyst but people tell me it is a purply black. I am downsizing from an Explorer and hoping to SQUEEZE 2 adults, 2 kids and 4 sets of golf clubs in the Edge through the summer season.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is something in the pipes called "sync", i dont know much about it right now, but others do. There is an accessory that you can add to the 2007 Edge now that is bluetooth capable too.

The usual model years seem to start appearing late summer, but cant be sure in Canada. Dont know of other changes, however there are a few threads out there discussing this.

Size-wise, you can fit all that in the Edge without any squeeze! Having used a few explorers, i would say the seating and trunk space feels practically the same and it seems pretty spacious for most anything you might want to put in there. We had a fair sized cooler, a couple of large plastic totes, dog cage (folded), boxed 3 room tent, couple of fold out chairs, inflatable bed and sleeping stuff all in the trunk with a little room to spare when we went camping with the dog for a long weekend.

There is something in the pipes called "sync", i dont know much about it right now, but others do. There is an accessory that you can add to the 2007 Edge now that is bluetooth capable too.

The usual model years seem to start appearing late summer, but cant be sure in Canada. Dont know of other changes, however there are a few threads out there discussing this.

Size-wise, you can fit all that in the Edge without any squeeze! Having used a few explorers, i would say the seating and trunk space feels practically the same and it seems pretty spacious for most anything you might want to put in there. We had a fair sized cooler, a couple of large plastic totes, dog cage (folded), boxed 3 room tent, couple of fold out chairs, inflatable bed and sleeping stuff all in the trunk with a little room to spare when we went camping with the dog for a long weekend.

One more question for you if you don't mind. I would like to order a red Edge with Charcoal leather interior.

Do you know why the pictures on the website would show a brown headliner with charcoal leather.

That does not seem right. You would think it would be grey.

I'm so sick of the brown Eddie Bauer interiors - I was hoping I was getting away for brown!

Thanks

D

post-508-1174514898_thumb.jpg

Someone posted this on Fordedge.org regarding 2008 Edge options:

Rear backup camera $550.00

Heated & Cooled Seats $450.00

Power Rear Liftgate $450.00

3rd Row Seat $720.00

Headrest Rear DVD Entertainment $1,180.00

HID (or Xenon) Headlamps $330.00

Passive Start System $330.00

Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone Integration $260.00

20 inch Aluminum Wheels $840.00

20 inch Chrome-clad Aluminum Wheel $1,160.00

I assume the prices are US$.

I'd like any confirmation on the veracity of that list. It will make the difference between buying a Murano in the next couple weeks or wating for a 2008 Edge or MKX.

I'm particularly interested in what the "Passive Start System" is

Does anyone know if it's a keyless ignition system like the CX-9 and Nissan/Infinity have?

When will the dealers get the 2008 order guides?

That is one thing that really ticks me off. 2007 and with all the freaking HYPE they gave the Edge, they couldnt do a passive start system standard on ALL models? Seriously.

The power rear liftgate would have been nice as well, and I still feel that the back seat release button should be STANDARD on all Edge's - I mean the freakin' slot for the buttons is there, just put it in...

One more question for you if you don't mind. I would like to order a red Edge with Charcoal leather interior.

Do you know why the pictures on the website would show a brown headliner with charcoal leather.

That does not seem right. You would think it would be grey.

I'm so sick of the brown Eddie Bauer interiors - I was hoping I was getting away for brown!

Thanks

D

I have the charcoal interior too, however i would say its a grey colour, not so tannish (but then again i am colour blind, although those arent really the colours i am bad with). Its pretty light (so you could argue it either way - i think that photo makes it look more tan due to the reflection off the dash or poor lighting for the photo as it looks the same as mine), i think it would have been nicer to have it darker to match the leather and plastic of the scheme, but that is just me being picky.

As for those other options at those prices i would have paid an additional $2.5k for the backup camera (although i would have removed the reverse sensing for $200), cooled seats, power liftgate, HID lights passive start system and possibly blue tooth as well. Not too thrilled about 3rd row as it could get a bit tight in there, headrest DVD is about the same as the roof mounted, however its more useful when you have the the BAMR or you dont want your kids to get neck ache! I think the 18" wheels look good, not sure i would go for 20", but to each their own.

As for standard features across the line-up, some people might not have wanted all of them and if all trims had the same stuff, why have 3 trim levels? Maybe they could have got away with 2, but then other people wouldnt be happy - its impossible to please all the people all the time. I dont know if they just wanted to get the cars out there on the market as quickly as possible and wait til later to add on more bells and whistles, but i know i didnt want to have to wait any more time than i did to get hold of mine, even if i lost a few newer features. My old car was on the verge of being scrapped, i dont think it would have waited til the 2008 Edge (or my other hope the Highlander in its 08 model) and i would have felt i took second place if i bought the RAV4 or the Passat Wagon, i would have felt more done had i taken any of the other cars i drove to use for the next x years (hopefully 5-8 years). I dont know what we might do when my wife's car is coming to the end of its life, but that should not be for another 3-5 years as well - maybe we'll get another Edge, maybe something else for a more economical ride - another sedan.

Not too thrilled about 3rd row as it could get a bit tight in there.

As for standard features across the line-up, some people might not have wanted all of them and if all trims had the same stuff, why have 3 trim levels?

There will not be a 3rd row option on the Edge. That's what the Fairlane will be for and why Mazda has the CX7 for 5 & CX9 for 7 passengers.

3 Trim levels? SE & SEL, are you including the Lincoln MKX?

3 trim levels probably means the SE, SEL and SEL plus.

Maybe I will wait for the 2008 to come available. It is getting late to order one for 2007 as the wait time is 10 weeks.

Anyone know when you will likely be able to order a 2008 in Canada?

Thanks

Wholesale for the reminder of the 07s should be starting up next week. As for 08 options, I know SYNC is coming, but not sure if it's available with 08 Job #1. Also, I can't confirm, but from the communications and discussions with my former co-workers, the center stack was to change like the 08 Escape with the modern knobs and such.

I highly doubt there will be a third row in the Edge. It's going to be cramped and you can get the third row on the Explorer, the Freestyle/Taurus X, and for 09 the "Fairlane." The Edge wasn't meant to haul a huge quantity of people.

And yes, ALL Edges will have the tan headliner. It's a costcutting measure. Look at just about any other Ford and the headliners are beige/tan despite the color of the interior.

And yes, ALL Edges will have the tan headliner. It's a costcutting measure. Look at just about any other Ford and the headliners are beige/tan despite the color of the interior.

Actually there are two colors for headliners on the Edge.....Camel Tan and Sandstone are the official names. The Charcoal interior has Sandstone. Both are basically a tan color except Sandstone has a more greyish appearance.

Wholesale for the reminder of the 07s should be starting up next week. As for 08 options, I know SYNC is coming, but not sure if it's available with 08 Job #1. Also, I can't confirm, but from the communications and discussions with my former co-workers, the center stack was to change like the 08 Escape with the modern knobs and such.

I highly doubt there will be a third row in the Edge. It's going to be cramped and you can get the third row on the Explorer, the Freestyle/Taurus X, and for 09 the "Fairlane." The Edge wasn't meant to haul a huge quantity of people.

I did some research on the "sync" system that may be coming with the 2008 Edge

It looks like it’s a computer hard drive on your dash that does cell phone + Ipod + email + text messages + store music downloads +, +, +.

Not a simple Bluetooth for wireless cel. If that is the case it may have a hefty pricetag.

I was hoping for a simple bluetooth option for a reasonable add-on price.

I did some research on the "sync" system that may be coming with the 2008 Edge

It looks like it’s a computer hard drive on your dash that does cell phone + Ipod + email + text messages + store music downloads +, +, +.

Not a simple Bluetooth for wireless cel. If that is the case it may have a hefty pricetag.

I was hoping for a simple bluetooth option for a reasonable add-on price.

Its about $250 (IIRC) right now, you dont have to wait for 2008 to get bluetooth, just the sync.

That's funny. I asked 3 different salesman and was told there was nothing like a bluetooth on any 2007 model, even if you order one now. Maybe it is not available in Canada.

If the 2008 model is available in a few months that is great. i will wait for it and hope that I can get wireless cel without paying for the whole sync package.

That's funny. I asked 3 different salesman and was told there was nothing like a bluetooth on any 2007 model, even if you order one now. Maybe it is not available in Canada.

If the 2008 model is available in a few months that is great. i will wait for it and hope that I can get wireless cel without paying for the whole sync package.

Hi Donna,

The bluetooth "option" is actually and add-on, it is called MobilEase. You can order it through your dealer and have it installed once you get your Edge in. Here is the accessory:

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp

Hi - I am planning on ordering a Ford Edge (Canada). I hear that mid-way through the 2007s there will be a "bluetooth" type wireless phone system added. Can anyone tell me if it is available for orders for 2007 now? If not do you know when and what it is called? Also, can anyone tell me when you can likely order a 2008 in Canada? Are there any changes coming I should wait for? Maybe they will add a blue colour. It seems strange they don't offer a blue. I haven't seen the Dark Amethyst but people tell me it is a purply black. I am downsizing from an Explorer and hoping to SQUEEZE 2 adults, 2 kids and 4 sets of golf clubs in the Edge through the summer season.

Thanks in advance!

i work at oac paint ,yesterday dupont ran a test colour edge in BLUE. very dark almost a red tint depending on the light and angle. one of those colours that change depending on the light.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is talking about all of these fancy options to include on future models, like the sync, backup camera, power liftgate, etc.

But I don't see anyone mentioning the simplest and most ludicrous item that is not included in the 2007 Edge (NOT EVEN AS AN OPTION !!!!).

What type of cost cutting measure was implemented to not provide a rear cargo cover??? It seems ludicrous to not have this on the Edge. Not having power liftgate, or bluetooth, or other techno options is not so far-fetched. Sure, it might be nice to have them, but nothing is so obviously missing from this vehicle as the cargo cover. I could also mention cargo tie-down hooks, but it can do without those way before it can do without a cargo cover.

I haven't done the research, but I would be willing to bet that there is NO other SUV/CUV out there without this standard and simple feature to hide valuables in the rear. Maybe I am paranoid because I live in NY, but I don't want people being able to look into my vehicle and seeing everything that I am carrying.

Was this an "oooops, we forgot" item??

Anyone know if one will be available as an add-on from Ford, or other 3rd party vendors??? (although I highly doubt it since the rear compartment has no mounting slots)

Again.......where is the cargo cover, Ford engineers???