Loud bang from rear end

Well, the dealership has the parts to do the TSB on my transmission and I will be taking it in on Monday.

I just couldn't wait any longer. The transmission seemed to be getting worst. One big scare while trying to do a hiway pass the other day. The tranny seemed to get stuck in neutral when trying to down shift. The engine reved up but the car slowed. It finally kicked into gear. Shifts have been getting more noticeable also.

I'm not really happy with this TSB fix on my Sport. It worked great for a while. A 4000KM trip to the east coast right after it proved flawless. Now I'm starting to see the opposite of what was happening before. I used to set the bump upon acceleration just after a rolling stop, seemingly just as it was about to shift down. Now I get a klunk when I let off the acceleration right before it would shift up into 3rd (I think). This isn't all of the time, I think you have to catch it a precisely the right RPM and speed. Although as with the previous issue. I can recreate it with a few attempts.

I believe it has something to do with learning messed up shift points if you do a lot of bumper to bumper traffic. I bet if I reset it, it would be great again...for a 1000k or so.

I think I'll be bringing this one up on my next service. It is better then it was, I'm just worried about what its doing to my tranny long term. Hopefully you have better luck with it.

I'm not really happy with this TSB fix on my Sport. It worked great for a while. A 4000KM trip to the east coast right after it proved flawless. Now I'm starting to see the opposite of what was happening before. I used to set the bump upon acceleration just after a rolling stop, seemingly just as it was about to shift down. Now I get a klunk when I let off the acceleration right before it would shift up into 3rd (I think). This isn't all of the time, I think you have to catch it a precisely the right RPM and speed. Although as with the previous issue. I can recreate it with a few attempts.

I believe it has something to do with learning messed up shift points if you do a lot of bumper to bumper traffic. I bet if I reset it, it would be great again...for a 1000k or so.

I think I'll be bringing this one up on my next service. It is better then it was, I'm just worried about what its doing to my tranny long term. Hopefully you have better luck with it.

By any chance...

does the tranny rely on My Ford Touch to manage the learning feature? It seems like it.

I had the service done on my tranny yesterday. It does seem to work much better. More smoooooth!

Time will tell. I hope it "learns" to keep these settings.

One thing I noticed is that some of MFT settings went back to default. The colored zones were turned off on the backup camera. Radio was set to AM. I wonder if they disconnected the battery during service.