Not much air coming from vents

My 2007 with manual A/C was really restricted when I test drove it. I almost didn't buy it. When I took it home I removed the cabin air filter and found it totally restricted. It didn't have a paper filter it had a fine screen filter. When held up to the sun you couldn't see thru it. I hosed it down and it is now beautiful. If you just want to see the difference you can remove the filter and try the system without it. I wouldn't keep it like that for long, it's there for a reason.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

So I just bought a 2011 ford edge limited and of course the dealer said it has a warranty on it but now doesn't want to fix whatever is wrong with it. . .a few days after I got it I would turn and it sounded like sand being poured out behind the dash then water started coming in on the passenger side below the glove box turned out the ac drain was clogged and my vents are not circulating any air not even defrost. . .I fixed the ac drain with the help from a genius on this forum and got about a half gallon of water out of the drain and I changed the cabin air filter which was completely filthy still no luck with the vents or defrost and I even changed the blower motor resistor and still no air not hot or cold and no defrost or rear defrost either? I think it's the blower motor but my question is . . .is it easy to change (I'm a 29 year old girl)

So I just bought a 2011 ford edge limited and of course the dealer said it has a warranty on it but now doesn't want to fix whatever is wrong with it. . .a few days after I got it I would turn and it sounded like sand being poured out behind the dash then water started coming in on the passenger side below the glove box turned out the ac drain was clogged and my vents are not circulating any air not even defrost. . .I fixed the ac drain with the help from a genius on this forum and got about a half gallon of water out of the drain and I changed the cabin air filter which was completely filthy still no luck with the vents or defrost and I even changed the blower motor resistor and still no air not hot or cold and no defrost or rear defrost either? I think it's the blower motor but my question is . . .is it easy to change (I'm a 29 year old girl)

@WWWPerfA_ZN0W posted the procedure for the blower motor replacement in this thread.

• Like 1

She said "a few days after I got it", so ...

My question is this... Don't people try things out in the car to see if they work ....before buying them?

Anyway, I'd also check the fuse (#18 in the underhood fuse box, cartridge type, a bit expensive), maybe just outright replace it while you are at it. I have found fuses do degrade over time when used heavily. The power points would be a prime example. There is also a relay in the same fuse box #34 for the blower motor, hope that's not the issue.

• Like 1

Thank you and yes I did try everything out on my test drive but you know some dealerships can doctor an issue long enough for some sucker to come along. . .me being one of them. From what I have read its a common problem! I think had it done it on my test drive I wouldn't have purchased it!!!!!

Edited by Yankeesgirl05
  • Like 1

Thank you sooooo much WWWPerfA_ZNOW!!!! I was able to change the blower motor myself within 10 minutes and so far it seemed to fix my problem! It works even better than it did before!!! There was nasty orange water in it. . . I'm so thankful for you and your kindness! ?

Edited by Yankeesgirl05