Woohooo just ordered my Edge 2011

Hi everyone...

Finaly made the move and ordered my 2011 Edge limited....production start in july.....hope to have it in august. Here's the spec...

2011 Edge Limited Front wheel drive 39199$ canadian

options:

Tourist package 1850$ (Nav system and Vista roof) this package save you 700$

20" chrome wheel 800$

Driver entry package witch include Push-Button Start, power liftgate, remote start and perimeter alarm. 1000$

Towing package 500$

HiD headlamp 600$

Rubber mat 100$

So got all this with x-plan for 41450$ can

I can wait to drive it.....

Edited by controleur2001

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone...

Finaly made the move and ordered my 2011 Edge limited....production start in july.....hope to have it in august. Here's the spec...

2011 Edge Limited Front wheel drive 39799$ can

options:

Tourist package 1850$ (Nav system and Vista roof) this package save you 700$

20" chrome wheel 800$

Driver entry package witch include Push-Button Start, power liftgate, remote start and perimeter alarm. 1000$

Towing package 500$

HiD headlamp 600$

Rubber mat 100$

So got all this with x-plan for 41450$ can

I can wait to drive it.....

Where are you located? Is the price 41450$ include taxes? "can" = Canadian?

Hi 1dufos,

No price does not include taxes. I'm in the Montréal area.....With GST and Québec PST come to 46807$ canadian, but I have the first payment pay by Ford. Hope incetive will be better on delivery day.....

See U

Don't think there will be any incentives on a new redesign, GMs new Equinox still no incentives

don't expect 0% or cash back like we see on the 2010. Ford will want to get all the 2010 sold before they do anything, expect incentives this time next year at the earliest, just a guess..

some pics of a 2011 seen at my local dealer

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4903-2011-availability-pricing/page__gopid__38538entry38538

Edited by 1duFos

Don't think there will be any incentives on a new redesign, GMs new Equinox still no incentives

don't expect 0% or cash back like we see on the 2010. Ford will want to get all the 2010 sold before they do anything, expect incentives this time next year at the earliest, just a guess..

some pics of a 2011 seen at my local dealer

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4903-2011-availability-pricing/page__gopid__38538entry38538

Hey Thanks, I know incentive won't be as good as now....but like my salesman told me, 2010 production stop next week and 2011 production start in July. So since 2010 inventory is already low and 2 month without Edge being built, I hope for good incentive in august......Enyway, made a good choice, 2011 on paper was more appealing to me.

By the way, since you saw it in person in Aurora, what's your impression on the 2011.

Thanks again

PAT

• 1 month later...

Hey Thanks, I know incentive won't be as good as now....but like my salesman told me, 2010 production stop next week and 2011 production start in July. So since 2010 inventory is already low and 2 month without Edge being built, I hope for good incentive in august......Enyway, made a good choice, 2011 on paper was more appealing to me.

By the way, since you saw it in person in Aurora, what's your impression on the 2011.

Thanks again

PAT

I have a 2010 edge ltd now and am getting a 2011 sport. My wife works for Ford and I am getting what's called an "incremental Lease" I ordered every option available and the price came out to be $457/month for 24 months, unlimited miles, $0.00 Maintenence and insurance included on this "incremental Lease" I was talking with the director of quality control from the engine plant here in cleveland, they make the ecoboost on site. He said that the edge w/mytouch, sync systems will be delayed apparently they are having difficulty with the the microsoft technology. This system will enable you to read an incoming text on your screen, pressing the speak button and sayng what you want to text back to whoever sent the incoming text or message

Cannot wait to see this baby. Ingot silver, and the 3.7 engine should be a great powerplant with the better suspension and tighter steering

Rmmick

I have a 2010 edge ltd now and am getting a 2011 sport. My wife works for Ford and I am getting what's called an "incremental Lease" I ordered every option available and the price came out to be $457/month for 24 months, unlimited miles, $0.00 Maintenence and insurance included on this "incremental Lease" I was talking with the director of quality control from the engine plant here in cleveland, they make the ecoboost on site. He said that the edge w/mytouch, sync systems will be delayed apparently they are having difficulty with the the microsoft technology. This system will enable you to read an incoming text on your screen, pressing the speak button and sayng what you want to text back to whoever sent the incoming text or message

Cannot wait to see this baby. Ingot silver, and the 3.7 engine should be a great powerplant with the better suspension and tighter steering

Rmmick

I also have a 2011 sport on order. Your comment that the mytouch and sync system are causing a delay worries me. Is that why the plant is down for 2 months or is that normal? Or does it mean that they will be pushing out non mytouch vehicles until they fix the problem and delay delay delay our cars?

• 4 weeks later...

I was told that my 2011 Edge sport would not be in until possibly late November....No one has answers except to say that Ford is not releasing the 2011 edge sport or the explorer that have the mytouch systems. Is there any truth too this???? I can't wait until I have keys in hand !!! lol I have been drooling over the edge sport. It was hard choice between the kona blue or candy metallic red

Ordered my new edge last week:

2011 Candy Red Limited FWD

Tow Package

Nav system

Floor Mats

Etch Registration

$35,387 ($39,987 with HST) $Cdn

Now, this delay due to Microsoft and MyTouch. Is this for real? I was hoping for mid-September delivery at the latest.

I ordered a 2011 Kona Blue Edge Limited AWD on July 23. I was given a VIN yesterday and a build date of August 16. I do not have an estimated delivery date yet, though.

Where are you located? I ordered a 2011 Kona Blue Edge Limited FWD on June 17th and have yet to receive my VIN. Each time I call to find out they tell me that it is still in order processing. Any insite on how you were able to order yours more than 1 month after me and you already have your VIN and Build date?

Hey Rev, Where are you located. I ordered in June and still have no information from my dealer. Only info is that the order has been placed. The website for my dealer shows a bunch of new Edge with window stickers, so there are some already built for them. How do I confirm that an order was placed.

Hey Rev, Where are you located. I ordered in June and still have no information from my dealer. Only info is that the order has been placed. The website for my dealer shows a bunch of new Edge with window stickers, so there are some already built for them. How do I confirm that an order was placed.

Ask your dealer for a DORA.

I also have a 2011 sport on order. Your comment that the mytouch and sync system are causing a delay worries me. Is that why the plant is down for 2 months or is that normal? Or does it mean that they will be pushing out non mytouch vehicles until they fix the problem and delay delay delay our cars?

My edge was built on July 13, 2010. I have my vin already. I was told that the "Mytouch/sync" issues have been resolved and cehilces should start to ship soon. Ford is being very, very deliberate w/the release like they were with the new Taurus and the Ecoboost. At this point in the auto industry, they feel that making sure there are not ANY problems and delay release is better than rushing to get product to the dealers only to have a bunch of quality issues pop right back up. Makes sense to me as an average Joe. I'll reply as I hear more on the release....beleive me I can't wait for this bad boy to arrive

Well if you have some info on it, share with us please!! Everyone who ordered one is hung up over this potential delay. Spill the info! drool.gif

No new info at this point. But my "insiders" at Ford say the Microsoft/Mytouch/Sync issues have been resolved and the vehicles will start to be released to dealers/customers. I know with my wife working for Ford and her position, that I should have one of the first ones in the cleveland area. It gets drop shipped to her plant, then a dealer comes to pick it up, prep it and return it for pick-up at the plant. These vehicles are what ends up on the lots as "Executive cars" so they get into the public as quick and as early as possible to buld up the hype I think more than anything else. Once it shows up at the plant, I will know and let everyone know that they have finally "arrived" and the dealers will be right behind. My only concern....is that the dealer gets the up to date info on how to "prep" the car before delivery....(right hand knowing what the left is doing if you know what I mean) Hopefully within a week or so I will try to post pics too.