Woohooo just ordered my Edge 2011

I just looked online and in my area they are offering an additional "$1000 Promotional Retail Bonus Customer Cash" I am using either X or Z plan does anyone know if I will be eligable for this additional $1000.00 even though I will be using a pin?

If it's a regular public rebate - yes. You get all the same rebates a non plan buyer would get - and sometimes additional ones.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a clarification. Employee pricing must be a Canadian thing - we don't have that offer in the U.S. right now.

I was surprised when I saw it on the Ford Canada site in July. It is in effect until the end of August. I thought they would do it to blow out the 2010 model only (there is a larger rebate). In the end it I still put in a lower offer which they accepted.

The dealer need to chip in for the employee pricing or its all come from Ford Canada ?

Go to the Ford Canada Site and build & price your Ford Edge. Ford has two discounts: $3512. Emplyee Pricing and another $1000. Delivery allowance. With the discounts your model comes out to $37887.00. So with the dealer offering to sell it at $35000 seems to be a good deal. Maybe add a couple of things in your formal offer eg. bug deflector and mudflaps or a block heater (if you need one). Remember walk out if they try to add a bunch of fees or unnecessary items. Make sure to put down on your offer a full tank of gas (they don't offer that anymore). In the end if you are happy with the price you paid , don't look back. Good Luck.

Therefore, if I put that back in, thats mean they took $887 off only. Can I expect more ? If so, what should I offer them back ?

Offer what you think is fair......they do need to make a profit. I think you should try $34000. Do you want any other options? If so give them 35 and add some options (Nav, BLIS or whatever).

OK, thanks

Bought mine in July in Ottawa.

2011 limited FWD, Nav, Tow package, Red Candy, Floor mats, Etch Registration, $35,387 ($39,987 with HST). Dealer cost after 6% commission from Ford = $34,543. So profit approx. $800. Which I thought was fair and that I almost got at another dealership (and most likely would have with more back and forth action but they didn't take my initial offer but were did move some and I thought would have moved more) but this dealership did so I went with them as they accepted my initial offer. Given all this I'm still not sure I got the best price but I'm happy with the price.

As you said, also getting $2,000 for retire my ride + $300 for the same from provincial government.

Hi, anyone have experience with the Adaptive cruise control, collision warning or the BLIS ? Are they worth the money ?

I opted for the vision package. BLIS was the reason. The edge is a big vehicle and crossovers are hard to see out of.

I wasn't ready to rely on adaptive cruise control. I would rather speed up and go around than to slow down and stay in lane.

2011 edges are starting to arrive at dealers here in Cleveland. No Sports anywhere yet. Dealers that I have talked to said although the Sports are in their inventory, they have yet to see any of them. No one knows why just the Sport is not here yet......3.7 engine? hhhmmmmm I wonder. I lhave a 2010 limited, and have ordered a 2011 Sport. The one thing I really like on the 2011's is the huge dual exhaust as compared to the 2010. Even the base SE looks "Nasty" from the back. I can't wait to get into this baby.

As far as pricing is considered, I don't see Ford giving these away, especially later in the model year with the 4-cyl engine. They ahve a desirable product, they know it, we as consumers will ultimately have to in some people's minds "pay for it". Looking at the above posts, $800 on a $35,000 product....that is roughly 2% profit. Could your business that you are in survive on a 2% profit margin? Most can't. So get real people, I never saw a Brinks truck in a funeral procession! :) You can't take it with ya' thats what things cost. Spend the money, enjoy the car you worked so hard to afford to buy

Hi, anyone have experience with the Adaptive cruise control, collision warning or the BLIS ? Are they worth the money ?

I am trading in a 2004 Infiniti FX I bought new. Has the tech pkg - nav, intelligent key and intelligent [adaptive] cruise control.

While it worked great, I never really used it that much. I don't do that much hiway driving. And when I did use it a few times, I felt a bit more outa control.

It's really a tossup whether you'll use it. I did not order it on my 2011 Edge.

Bought mine in July in Ottawa.

2011 limited FWD, Nav, Tow package, Red Candy, Floor mats, Etch Registration, $35,387 ($39,987 with HST). Dealer cost after 6% commission from Ford = $34,543. So profit approx. $800. Which I thought was fair and that I almost got at another dealership (and most likely would have with more back and forth action but they didn't take my initial offer but were did move some and I thought would have moved more) but this dealership did so I went with them as they accepted my initial offer. Given all this I'm still not sure I got the best price but I'm happy with the price.

As you said, also getting $2,000 for retire my ride + $300 for the same from provincial government.

First time positing..I too just ordered AWD Limited 2 weeks ago..still dont know the VIN number, wondering when to expect one so that I can follow the progess online...

Would like to share the deal I got from Toronto to help those compare....warning, everytime I think I got a great deal, it turns there was better..,but after an exhausting dealer hoping..we found the right deal....kicker was my trade in of $7400 when the rest of the field was offering max $5,000.00 for my 2004 beat up MPV.... plus I had a clunker that I got $2,300 for...plus the employee pricing..($5k)//no other ford incentive deals,....that I read AFTER my purchase that I may of been eligable for...see what I mean when deals pop up after the face...oh well, I'm OK with the price...let me know what you think:

AWD Limitied

White

DVD headrest system

Canadian touring

Vision package

20" tires upgrade

complementary floor mats, and cargo package,bug deflector

60 mth warranty

premium rust proofing(negative ion release gadget under the hood)

$42,100 out the door including my trade in....plus add my 2K from ford and the 300 from the gov,,,it takes me to $39,800.00

Been surfing the web everyday just soaking up any info I can get, the user manual is a great read! if you havent already read it.

Love to hear the deals out there..

Edited by ddp68

Wow that is pretty loaded up. Did you get the Driver Entry Package? If you look back to my original post, I got mine for 40,000 cash + tax. I had no trade in or RYR vehicle. I am happy with my price. Don't look back, if your happy with the deal you got.

First time positing..I too just ordered AWD Limited 2 weeks ago..still dont know the VIN number, wondering when to expect one so that I can follow the progess online...

Would like to share the deal I got from Toronto to help those compare....warning, everytime I think I got a great deal, it turns there was better..,but after an exhausting dealer hoping..we found the right deal....kicker was my trade in of $7400 when the rest of the field was offering max $5,000.00 for my 2004 beat up MPV.... plus I had a clunker that I got $2,300 for...plus the employee pricing..($5k)//no other ford incentive deals,....that I read AFTER my purchase that I may of been eligable for...see what I mean when deals pop up after the face...oh well, I'm OK with the price...let me know what you think:

AWD Limitied

White

DVD headrest system

Canadian touring

Vision package

20" tires upgrade

complementary floor mats, and cargo package,bug deflector

60 mth warranty

premium rust proofing(negative ion release gadget under the hood)

$42,100 out the door including my trade in....plus add my 2K from ford and the 300 from the gov,,,it takes me to $39,800.00

Been surfing the web everyday just soaking up any info I can get, the user manual is a great read! if you havent already read it.

Love to hear the deals out there..