Woohooo just ordered my Edge 2011

Wow that is pretty loaded up. Did you get the Driver Entry Package? If you look back to my original post, I got mine for 40,000 cash + tax. I had no trade in or RYR vehicle. I am happy with my price. Don't look back, if your happy with the deal you got.

Hi BoomBoom,

I considered getting it, but already overpaying for the DVD system(wife wanted the clean look) and the thought of it ever breaking swayed me to pass...as well as the HID light's. They are so blinding that I fear that one day they may blind oncoming traffic into heading you head on..!!! Other then that, she's pretty loaded....like you suggested, there are no regrets...JUST get me MY EDGE!!!...LOL

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a 2011 Edge AWD Limited on July 27th. I will not get it until the middle of October. I ordered the following options:

Trailer Tow Pkg

Driver Entry Pkg

Vision Pkg.

Canadian Touring Pkg. (Vista roof and Nav)

Block Heater

HID headlamps

White Platinum Metalic Tri-coat

mud flaps

chrome bug deflector

All weather floor mats

I am switching to Ford after being a long time Toyota owner. I was interested in the Acura RDX but the FORD sync and powertrain in my opinion is far better and the price was better.

You have a nice looking ride there!!! I do regret not adding the tow package...that may come back to haunt me. All in all I paid 100 bucks more the you...before tax...

Congrats...and all the best!

First time positing..I too just ordered AWD Limited 2 weeks ago..still dont know the VIN number, wondering when to expect one so that I can follow the progess online...

Would like to share the deal I got from Toronto to help those compare....warning, everytime I think I got a great deal, it turns there was better..,but after an exhausting dealer hoping..we found the right deal....kicker was my trade in of $7400 when the rest of the field was offering max $5,000.00 for my 2004 beat up MPV.... plus I had a clunker that I got $2,300 for...plus the employee pricing..($5k)//no other ford incentive deals,....that I read AFTER my purchase that I may of been eligable for...see what I mean when deals pop up after the face...oh well, I'm OK with the price...let me know what you think:

AWD Limitied

White

DVD headrest system

Canadian touring

Vision package

20" tires upgrade

complementary floor mats, and cargo package,bug deflector

60 mth warranty

premium rust proofing(negative ion release gadget under the hood)

$42,100 out the door including my trade in....plus add my 2K from ford and the 300 from the gov,,,it takes me to $39,800.00

Been surfing the web everyday just soaking up any info I can get, the user manual is a great read! if you havent already read it.

Love to hear the deals out there..

Hi, what is the price for the bug deflector, 60 months warranty and the rust proffing gadget ?

Can you tell me which dealer ? you can email me on their name if its not allow to name the dealer and prices here. Thanks !!

I got a quote 2 days before but its higher than what I can pay, now Ford have better the Employee Pricing Program. Can the dealer go back on their quote ?

At time of delivery if there is a better incentive, you are eligable for the differnce.

As for the dealer, not sure how to PM you or email...will figure it out.

I just looked online and in my area they are offering an additional "$1000 Promotional Retail Bonus Customer Cash" I am using either X or Z plan does anyone know if I will be eligable for this additional $1000.00 even though I will be using a pin?

YES !!!

just took delivery of my 2011 AWD Limited using Z plan (employee family) and got the $1000 rebate.

Ford program #11818 (if your dealer isn't familiar with it). Bank of America offered 2.8% financing on 60mos so I didn't take the Ford financing and got the $1000 rebate instead.

YES !!!

just took delivery of my 2011 AWD Limited using Z plan (employee family) and got the $1000 rebate.

Ford program #11818 (if your dealer isn't familiar with it). Bank of America offered 2.8% financing on 60mos so I didn't take the Ford financing and got the $1000 rebate instead.

Woohooo!

Are you in US or Canada? I wonder if I can get the $1000 rebate in the US.

Woohooo!

Are you in US or Canada? I wonder if I can get the $1000 rebate in the US.

Test drove the the 2011 Edge in Houston. Quoted price was $1,000 off dealer invoice to order. I didn't like the color on the one I drove. Stated that the delivery time would be 6-8 weeks and that orders are processed on Wednesdays.

Hi all,

First time posting.

We've been looking at an edge for a while and were looking recently at the 2010's. We accidentally stepped into a 2011 model and couldnt believe how much nicer it looked on the inside so we're now considering that. We got a dealer quote yesterday for both (no haggling at the time) and the difference in price was about 2800, which to me is just the depreciation of one year. I'm going to post what the quote was and see what users think of it and how much play we have on the 2011 model.

The quoted us on a model on the lot. Black on black.

-AWD SEL

-Canadian comfort package

-sync

Ford employee price of about $36000, about $40,700 after tax

-$1000 costco discount

-$1000 finance credit

-$2000 RYR (we are giving up a 2001 grand am GT with 280000kms)

Total of about $36700 on the road.

My questions:

-how much play do we have on this? Taking this number down to about 35000 would make me happy. Would i be able to get it that low?

-This is a car on the lot. Would we get the exact same pricing if we ordered one, since black on black isnt our first preference.

-Would we be able to make a better deal for both us and the dealer if we ordered one and added the $1000 driver entry package since my wife wants the remote start? And by better deal i mean more than 35000, but we get more features.

-anything else i should ask for in lieu of dropping the price like free floor mats, free oil changes for a year?

Thanks. Great forum!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my plan was to pay most of it cash, but leave a small amount to their financing so that i could get the $1000 discount. The minimum they say you need to leave it in their is 3 months, at which time i will pay it all off and use my own line of credit where the interest rate is A LOT cheaper. Any problems doing this? I figure the interest i would lose in the 3 months will be about $100 - 150 depending on how much they say i must finance to qualify, which means i'd still be ahead about $850-900 with the $1000 discount.

Edited by d_source

Hi all,

First time posting.

We've been looking at an edge for a while and were looking recently at the 2010's. We accidentally stepped into a 2011 model and couldnt believe how much nicer it looked on the inside so we're now considering that. We got a dealer quote yesterday for both (no haggling at the time) and the difference in price was about 2800, which to me is just the depreciation of one year. I'm going to post what the quote was and see what users think of it and how much play we have on the 2011 model.

The quoted us on a model on the lot. Black on black.

-AWD SEL

-Canadian comfort package

-sync

Ford employee price of about $36000, about $40,700 after tax

-$1000 costco discount

-$1000 finance credit

-$2000 RYR (we are giving up a 2001 grand am GT with 280000kms)

Total of about $36700 on the road.

My questions:

-how much play do we have on this? Taking this number down to about 35000 would make me happy. Would i be able to get it that low?

-This is a car on the lot. Would we get the exact same pricing if we ordered one, since black on black isnt our first preference.

-Would we be able to make a better deal for both us and the dealer if we ordered one and added the $1000 driver entry package since my wife wants the remote start? And by better deal i mean more than 35000, but we get more features.

-anything else i should ask for in lieu of dropping the price like free floor mats, free oil changes for a year?

Thanks. Great forum!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my plan was to pay most of it cash, but leave a small amount to their financing so that i could get the $1000 discount. The minimum they say you need to leave it in their is 3 months, at which time i will pay it all off and use my own line of credit where the interest rate is A LOT cheaper. Any problems doing this? I figure the interest i would lose in the 3 months will be about $100 - 150 depending on how much they say i must finance to qualify, which means i'd still be ahead about $850-900 with the $1000 discount.

I doubt you'd get any additional discount - employee pricing is way below invoice already although it wouldn't hurt to ask.

You'll get the same pricing on a special order according to a previous post. You can choose the pricing in effect at the time you order OR the pricing in effect at the time you take delivery, but you can't mix and match prices and incentives. Employee pricing is really just a 4% rebate.

Order it and get what you want if you're not in a hurry.

Does anyone use Pandora radio?

I just watched TWIT.tv's Net@Night podcast with the creator of Pandora. He said that the new MyFord will see that you have Pandora installed on your phone. You can then use the voice commands to play Pandora via blutooth.

Has anyone tried this ???

Pandora is great. The free version does limit how many hours you can listen to it each month. It limits how may times you can fast forward in an hour also. I see in 3 years it really cutting into XM's business. The best thing is that you can instantly listen to about any song you want including Poka Music (ask my dad)

My 58yr old Dad listens so much to it that he actuallys pays for it now. He likes it more then his XM Radio.

Pandora is great. The free version does limit how many hours you can listen to it each month. It limits how may times you can fast forward in an hour also. I see in 3 years it really cutting into XM's business. The best thing is that you can instantly listen to about any song you want including Poka Music (ask my dad)

My 58yr old Dad listens so much to it that he actuallys pays for it now. He likes it more then his XM Radio.

I'm a Pandora fan and will most likely sign up for the unlimited version soon.

Can you control Pandora with voice commands if the phone is connected via BluTooth?

I saw the video on FordVehicles.com and it made me think I may have to use USB to connect to phone if i want to use Voice to control Pandora.

I doubt you'd get any additional discount - employee pricing is way below invoice already although it wouldn't hurt to ask.

You'll get the same pricing on a special order according to a previous post. You can choose the pricing in effect at the time you order OR the pricing in effect at the time you take delivery, but you can't mix and match prices and incentives. Employee pricing is really just a 4% rebate.

Order it and get what you want if you're not in a hurry.

Thanks. I am not too far off on what they are offering me, but i will try to get them to trhow in something else or lower the price or both. :)

Can anyone confirm that the SEL AWD comes with cruise control? From what i remember the buttons are all there on the wheel, but i don't see it mentioned in the brochure.

Thanks

I ordered my 2011 edge sport earlier this summer. My wife works for ford so I am getting this car under her "incremental lease program" . Anyway, mine was built on July 13. But I have not rec'd it yet. There has been a lot of "rumors" as to the delay with these vehicles getting shipped. The biggest I heard from some Ford quality peolpe here in Cleveland is that there was a problem with the MYTouch system and that they have had to go to each vehicle and remedy the situation. The following is a memo that was sent out to Ford executives and salry employees regarding the delay. I hope I see this baby before the snow starts flying here.

4. Fiesta, Edge, and MKX Delivery Timing

Fiesta, Edge, and MKX are all NMPs and subject to the process detailed above. Based on feedback from the plant, the remaining Fiestas are expected to arrive at their delivery location by the end of October. The Edges and MKXs are expected to arrive at their delivery location by the end of November.

Some vehicles have already been delivered, and some will arrive earlier than stated above, however most are still in the OSM process. The OSM process is manual, therefore we do not have line of sight to the status of individual orders. Vehicles will be prepped and delivered, in the order they arrive, as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

I ordered my 2011 edge sport earlier this summer. My wife works for ford so I am getting this car under her "incremental lease program" . Anyway, mine was built on July 13. But I have not rec'd it yet. There has been a lot of "rumors" as to the delay with these vehicles getting shipped. The biggest I heard from some Ford quality peolpe here in Cleveland is that there was a problem with the MYTouch system and that they have had to go to each vehicle and remedy the situation. The following is a memo that was sent out to Ford executives and salry employees regarding the delay. I hope I see this baby before the snow starts flying here.

4. Fiesta, Edge, and MKX Delivery Timing

Fiesta, Edge, and MKX are all NMPs and subject to the process detailed above. Based on feedback from the plant, the remaining Fiestas are expected to arrive at their delivery location by the end of October. The Edges and MKXs are expected to arrive at their delivery location by the end of November.

Some vehicles have already been delivered, and some will arrive earlier than stated above, however most are still in the OSM process. The OSM process is manual, therefore we do not have line of sight to the status of individual orders. Vehicles will be prepped and delivered, in the order they arrive, as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Sorry to say that you are not correct. They are shipping Edges for sure and they are already arriving. I've taken one for a ride and the one I've ordered is scheduled to ship early next week. I also heard that there was a problem with the Mytouch system but also heard that it was fixed. Have not heard from anyone on any board that I go to that has indicated any delays like you have been mentioning. Maybe the earlier orders were delayed as I've heard some that ordered in May and June are just getting there cars now. I know production of 2011's did not start until sometime in July and shipping not until mid August.

Hi all, this is my first post on here. I am in the army deployed overseas and thinking about purchasing an Edge through ENCS (Exchange New Car Sales). It’s a program offered solely to military members who are deployed through AAFES. I am trying to figure out if this is a good deal. Essentially I get some extra rebates plus money off of all accessories.

2011 Ford Limited FWD

EXUG White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

51E Driver Entry Package

67S Dual Headrest DVD Entertainment system

52N Voice Activated Navigation

MSRP: 40,630

ENCS Price: 36,280

Savings off of MSRP: 4,349

If I bought state side I could get the 1,000 normal rebate, plus 500 military rebate, College rebate if they work the same way as here. (currently a full time student, online) 500

Is this a good deal? The price is before taxes. From my understanding this Edge has everything but a sunroof (don’t want), and the vision package.

What do you guys think?

Freddie,

This "memo" is not from a post....FORD directly, interoffice. What I am saying is this....the edges that were ordered/produced early, are delayed for this quality issue. They are all in a holding lot at the plant. The ones coming off the line curently or late July are infact already to go with the update. They have to physically go vehicle to vehicle in the lot there and re-program the computer for MYtouch. the vehicles that are built early, my vin ends in 1044, is "buried" in the back of the lot and it will take a while to get to those early built vehicles to do the update and ship. you are right, some edges are starting to hit the dealers, but none of them were early ordered vehicles.

Freddie,

This "memo" is not from a post....FORD directly, interoffice. What I am saying is this....the edges that were ordered/produced early, are delayed for this quality issue. They are all in a holding lot at the plant. The ones coming off the line curently or late July are infact already to go with the update. They have to physically go vehicle to vehicle in the lot there and re-program the computer for MYtouch. the vehicles that are built early, my vin ends in 1044, is "buried" in the back of the lot and it will take a while to get to those early built vehicles to do the update and ship. you are right, some edges are starting to hit the dealers, but none of them were early ordered vehicles.

If that's the case, I'm glad my dealer had no allotment when it came to my order

I'll be ordering a 2011 Limited AWD as a lease with the Driver entry package and Vision package. Can anyone tell me if they have the vision package and is it worth getting. Also is that in addition or does it replace the rear backing sensors. I think I will try to add the navigation if that's possible also

Thanks in advance guys