Woohooo just ordered my Edge 2011

I'll be ordering a 2011 Limited AWD as a lease with the Driver entry package and Vision package. Can anyone tell me if they have the vision package and is it worth getting. Also is that in addition or does it replace the rear backing sensors. I think I will try to add the navigation if that's possible also

Thanks in advance guys

Only glitch I've had so far is with the software set to kilometers instead of miles, all instruments show km but the direction announcements are in miles.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be ordering a 2011 Limited AWD as a lease with the Driver entry package and Vision package. Can anyone tell me if they have the vision package and is it worth getting. Also is that in addition or does it replace the rear backing sensors. I think I will try to add the navigation if that's possible also

Thanks in advance guys

I'm waiting on my edge with vision. I will never have a car without backup camera again. The wipers and cross traffic warning are a plus. Get it! You'll be glad you did because visibility is pretty limited compared to a standard sedan

Just put a down payment on a 2011 Edge Limited AWD with 301A package Can't wait but I will force myself to wait to the end of the month. My current 2007 Edge is off lease Oct. 23rd

Getting Silver with black interior :) Going on Thursday to finalize the deal

Ā 

Enjoy. Is the car already there and you are just waiting to take possession at the end of the month? Or ordering it and you think it will be here at the end of the month?

Edited by choff1138

Hi to all,

Ā 

This may be a stupid question, but I would like to know what is your understanding of when the dealer said "on the road" means.

Ā 

My own understanding is that this is the price I'll pay and not one cent more, am I right ?

You better ask your dealer. I never heard of that one. Sounds like a non-committal statement.

Hi to all,

Ā 

This may be a stupid question, but I would like to know what is your understanding of when the dealer said "on the road" means.

Ā 

My own understanding is that this is the price I'll pay and not one cent more, am I right ?

Ā 

You typically hear "out the door" but "on the road" would indicate the same thing, however that depends on the dealer. Just ask if that includes all taxes and other fees.

I just drove by my dealer. To my pleasure / glee :happy feet: MY CAR was just off loaded from the transport!

I actually sat in it!

Let's see how quick they can get it cleaned up.

web.jpg?ver=12851724720001

Ā 

Ā 

So lucky - I think mine is here - maybe at the dealer. But they aren't answering me about if it is even in the state yet. I might go crazy.

Ā 

Hope you get to take it home tonight!

Salesman tells me it will be ready for me tomorrow afternoon.

I guess, I've waited 4 months. What's another 24hrs?

Ā 

Congrats Wilson,

I got the call from my dealer yesterday at noon that it was getting offloaded and he made sure that it was ready for me to pick-up by 6pm last night. I am not sure how long this usually takes but I think it was in part due the dealership only being about 2 blocks from my office so I stopped everyday on my way home this week to check and see if it was in. So I think he may have just wanted to get me out of his hair :yup: Anyway I was cruising on home by 8pm :shift: Hope you get yours today and all is well.

Ā 

Jgilles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered my 2011 SEL AWD with drivers entry package, canadian comfort and sync. White with black exterior. Very excited!!! Will take about 6-8 weeks to arrive. Can't wait!

Ā 

Does anyone know if the rear-view camera is included in the SEL or is that only in the Limited models?

Ā 

To answer your question: every SEL Edge I've driven so far has the rearview camera. It comes with one of the option packages that's commonly equipped on the SEL.

Ā 

Now to rant:

Ā 

Seriously? You get Driver's Entry package on the SEL in Canada?

Ā 

The lack of the Driver's Entry package option on the SEL (you can only add it to the Limited) in the US was one of the biggest sticking points for us on this car. We REALLY wanted the push-button start and the convenience of not ever having to take your key out to get into and start the vehicle, but it didn't warrant the nearly $4k jump to the Limited over the SEL that was otherwise equipped the way we wanted it. Every other vehicle we drove in the segment made the push button start available at a lower price point. I'm still annoyed by it, but we love the Edge in every other way. We got a FWD SEL with 202A package (leather, MyFord Touch, backup camera).

To answer your question: every SEL Edge I've driven so far has the rearview camera. It comes with one of the option packages that's commonly equipped on the SEL.

Ā 

Now to rant:

Ā 

Seriously? You get Driver's Entry package on the SEL in Canada?

Ā 

The lack of the Driver's Entry package option on the SEL (you can only add it to the Limited) in the US was one of the biggest sticking points for us on this car. We REALLY wanted the push-button start and the convenience of not ever having to take your key out to get into and start the vehicle, but it didn't warrant the nearly $4k jump to the Limited over the SEL that was otherwise equipped the way we wanted it. Every other vehicle we drove in the segment made the push button start available at a lower price point. I'm still annoyed by it, but we love the Edge in every other way. We got a FWD SEL with 202A package (leather, MyFord Touch, backup camera).

Ā 

In Canada a backup camera is only available with the Limited Version. All SELs have a back up sensor system in Canada. Only in US the back up camera is available in the SEL with the MYFord Option. Even with the MyFord & Nav option in the SEL a Back up camera is not available. It Sucks. I called ford of Canada about it to confirm.

Edited by Factger

Our 2003 Passat GLS wagon (loved that car!) was written off after being sideswiped in September. So today, after several frustrating days of searching, we drove to Steinbach (locals will understand why) and ordered a 2011 Edge Limited, bordeaux outside, black and sienna inside. Hopefully the Edge will be here before Christmas.

Just had to have the HIDS.

I had made up my mind to buy an Edge almost 4 months ago, but kept putting off the order till I could test drive the Sport. My sister, who is the Associate GM at the local Ford dealer, bought the first Limited that arrived on the lot and after testing it I figured the Sport will be as good (just a bit slower and completely blacked out). So, today I decided to place my order for a FWD Sport and was told they had an AWD Sport with every option on the books and the color combo I want, coming in two weeks.

Ā 

I wasn't going to get every option (just Navigation), but now I am torn between waiting longer for the one I want or spending a fair amount more for a fully spec'd version that I can have the week after next. My sister being the saleswoman, is trying to convince me that the two or three times a year that I go to skiing will make AWD worth it. I have never had AWD or 4WD, just 2WD sports cars, which I have driven up to Tahoe plenty of times (although it is sometimes a bit sketchy). Anyone have opinion one way or the other regarding whether the AWD is worth the extra money? I haven't gotten a price quote on the FWD, but based on MSRP the AWD they have coming in will be 45K (every option) and my spec will be 38K, obviously won't be paying that, but the price difference should be somewhat similar.

I had made up my mind to buy an Edge almost 4 months ago, but kept putting off the order till I could test drive the Sport. My sister, who is the Associate GM at the local Ford dealer, bought the first Limited that arrived on the lot and after testing it I figured the Sport will be as good (just a bit slower and completely blacked out). So, today I decided to place my order for a FWD Sport and was told they had an AWD Sport with every option on the books and the color combo I want, coming in two weeks.

Ā 

I wasn't going to get every option (just Navigation), but now I am torn between waiting longer for the one I want or spending a fair amount more for a fully spec'd version that I can have the week after next. My sister being the saleswoman, is trying to convince me that the two or three times a year that I go to skiing will make AWD worth it. I have never had AWD or 4WD, just 2WD sports cars, which I have driven up to Tahoe plenty of times (although it is sometimes a bit sketchy). Anyone have opinion one way or the other regarding whether the AWD is worth the extra money? I haven't gotten a price quote on the FWD, but based on MSRP the AWD they have coming in will be 45K (every option) and my spec will be 38K, obviously won't be paying that, but the price difference should be somewhat similar.

Ā 

Also never had AWD but I went FWD due to better gas mileage and way less problems with the car. If you check out some web sites on # of repairs the AWD is something like 3 or 4 times more likely to be taken in for repair. Also AWD go for getting going in the snow but stopping is no better than FWD. Never had AWD and I've always been fine in all snow condtitions up here in Canada.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought regarding the AWD. I am fairly good driver, compared to most of the bozos I see going up to Tahoe and I have never had any issues driving up there with various sports cars. Actually the only time I had an issue was with a friends Jeep and that was a situation where there was ice on the driveway and the front tires wouldn't hook up, so I switched it into 4WD and it drove up the ice. With FWD, I would have had to break the ice first, probably not worth the extra couple of grand for AWD. :) I assumed it would be a little more a maintenance hassle, although I don't plan on keeping it past the lease period. I suppose, I will have to order and wait for a FWD Sport, hopefully when my sister gets back tomorrow I can find out how long it will take to order.