Dashboard Removal

Has anyone removed the dashboard yet? Do you have any tips for removal so I don't destroy the stock look?

I went with the DVD system, so I wasn't able to get the in-dash Sirius system. I have a Sirius radio already (Sportster 3) and I'd like to pull the dash out to hide some of the wires for a clean look. When I did this in my previous car I didn't take the time to do it right and broke some of the mounts. Now that I've got the Edge, I'd like to do the install right.

I know I can take my Edge to the local car audio store for install, but if I can do it myself I'll save some cash and have it installed the way I want.

Thanks for any help in advance!

kulemt

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone removed the dashboard yet? Do you have any tips for removal so I don't destroy the stock look?

I went with the DVD system, so I wasn't able to get the in-dash Sirius system. I have a Sirius radio already (Sportster 3) and I'd like to pull the dash out to hide some of the wires for a clean look. When I did this in my previous car I didn't take the time to do it right and broke some of the mounts. Now that I've got the Edge, I'd like to do the install right.

I know I can take my Edge to the local car audio store for install, but if I can do it myself I'll save some cash and have it installed the way I want.

Thanks for any help in advance!

kulemt

If you still whant to remove it let me know I can send you PDF showing how too.

AL

• 3 months later...
I would like a copy of that as well....I am installing LED in the dash and floor wells on my 2008

It would be great if you would post a "how to" when your done.

I'm thinking of the same thing. Footwells and over the console. Console led would be over the storage compartment pointing down to light cup holders. Tricky setting down coffee at night.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

However to do a sat radio install the large bezel in the center of the dash just pops off. it may be a little tough if its never been removed before. all the wires needed are right behind the radio.

3 questions:

1) The large bezel you mention....I assume this is the panel we are talking about (see attached) ?

2) Do you have to remove any other panels first before this panel comes off ?

I had all Honda's before my Edge and in order to get to the radio it always required removing nearly half the dash to get the radio panel off. What a pain they were to work on.

I just need to hide to some wires behind the radio panel and was hoping this was the only thing that needed to be removed.

3) Any tips on removing this panel (i.e. where to grab it from...or should I use a trim removal tool and where to stick it first) ?

post-11035-030861900 1285112162_thumb.jpg

Edited by erock9174

erock9174- the center panel pops off without taking anything else loose. The first time I did it I used a plastic prybar along the edges but now I can just grab the lower edges and yank back on it. I find it best to pop the bottom loose first and work up the sides. Set the parking brake and pull the shifter back to give yourself some extra room to rest the panel once it's loose (since wires will still be hooked up to the back side).

Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply GrantA

I plan on putting my Sirius receiver on top of the dash in the center tray. Any recommendations on the best way to run a 3.5mm cable from that receiver to the input in the console between the seats. Would like to hide as much of the cable as possible.

Edited by erock9174

• 2 years later...

It would be great if you would post a "how to" when your done.

I'm thinking of the same thing. Footwells and over the console. Console led would be over the storage compartment pointing down to light cup holders. Tricky setting down coffee at night.

How did the install go? Im thinking of doing the same thing since i'll be taking the dash out for a Ford Nav install.

What LEDs did you use, how did you wire them in, etc? Always looking for good ideas from fellow Edgers.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...