Backup camera emblem

First, as far as the wiring goes, I ran it pretty much the way Lex did. So, I will no bore you guys again with those details. The wires from the monitor go down towards the kick panel. Remove the door seal near the hinge and you will see it is easy to get behind the plastic to hide wires. There is a good ground near the floor there and power for the monitor comes from fuse 15 ( climate control ). Here are some pics:

What you will need to do to the trim panel to get it to fit. Rotary file on a drill or a Dremmel tool works great.

trimingtrimpanel-1.jpg

Camera installed on trim panel.

mountedontrimpanel-1.jpg

Another view mounted on trim panel.

mountedcamera-1.jpg

Camera and panel installed ( I know, it needs a bath ...)

installedcamera-1.jpg

Monitor install.

monitoroff-1.jpg

Monitor active in reverse ( Crappy pic, sorry )

monitoron.jpg

• 1 month later...

For those of you with a 2007, remember that the liftgate design is different. There is a liftgate release button directly under the trim piece where the emblem camera goes; this gets in the way of the camera body. To make this fit, the trunk release will have to be removed and relocated (new button added). Just a heads up.

er65nsunny what year is you Edge? Seems like a 2008 or newer with the newer liftgate handle design.

Thanks.

For those of you with a 2007, remember that the liftgate design is different. There is a liftgate release button directly under the trim piece where the emblem camera goes; this gets in the way of the camera body. To make this fit, the trunk release will have to be removed and relocated (new button added). Just a heads up.

er65nsunny what year is you Edge? Seems like a 2008 or newer with the newer liftgate handle design.

Thanks.

I have a 2008, The release button is located in the recesed portion below the license plate. the 2007s might be able to relocate to that area.

I have a 2008, The release button is located in the recesed portion below the license plate. the 2007s might be able to relocate to that area.

Nope - no handle on the lower portion of the 2007 liftgate, it was actually a very poor design originally. The button is under the emblem and that is were you lift the gate, which is odd from a leverage standpoint and makes the door heavier. No wonder they redesigned it.

I am doing a emblem camera on a 2007 now and it is quite the project. I hope to have some more info once (if) completed.