2011 Edge estimated delivery

d_source

I ordered my Ford Edge on Jan3/11 and I had the VIN within 2 weeks...is this a good sign?? Does anyone know how long it takes for the vehicle to be delivered once it has a VIN attached to it???

Ā 

Great News! it should be round 4 to 6 weeks but your dealer could give you an ETA with the VIN. Is it a SEL or LImited. Are you based in the US? Here in Canada, it seems we have no VIN allocation.

I ordered my Ford Edge on Jan3/11 and I had the VIN within 2 weeks...is this a good sign?? Does anyone know how long it takes for the vehicle to be delivered once it has a VIN attached to it???

Ā 

Ā 

I ordered on Oct 21st (maybe 25TH by the time dealer sent it in) and still waiting, I now have the VIN and the expected delivery is within 2 weeks

2011 Edge Limited, loaded

Amazing how some are getting theres within six weeks, it'll be nearly 14 weeks for me...!!!

:shift:

Great News! it should be round 4 to 6 weeks but your dealer could give you an ETA with the VIN. Is it a SEL or LImited. Are you based in the US? Here in Canada, it seems we have no VIN allocation.

Ā 

Thanks!! Yah I am here in Canada :) Hope you're right about 4-6 weeks!! I can't wait to drive it :):shift: It is a limited!! I asked the dealer about the ETA and they said they don't have one yet...

Edited by Jodes

I ordered on Oct 21st (maybe 25TH by the time dealer sent it in) and still waiting, I now have the VIN and the expected delivery is within 2 weeks

2011 Edge Limited, loaded

Amazing how some are getting theres within six weeks, it'll be nearly 14 weeks for me...!!!

:shift:

Ā 

That is quite a wait...I've heard that if you get a lot of add ons it can definitely take longer for delivery :( Although if you are getting a fully loaded edge it will be worth the wait!!! Congrats on your purchase :)

We ordered an 2011 edge limited front wheel drive on the 01 Nov 2010. It was built on the 5th Jan and arrived at the dealer 18th Jan in the evening .Got a call the next day and parked it in my yard on the 20th.Yesterday we had another winter storm and this morning my new edge looks like an igloo LOL.I only put about 40km on it .Really impressed so far.According to syncmyride I have:sync version

Gen2-V2-4

Ā 

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AK

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE

BT4T-14F603-AG

Ā 

I have no idea what it all means..I am not a computer geek.Can anybody tell me if it's the latest updates?I will try and post pictures when I can figure out how to do it.Thank you

Ordered my 2011 Edge Limited all wheel drive on December 20 and still no word from the dealer about delivery. They say it will be about 8 weeks. Canadian purchases seem to have a longer wait in spite of the factory being near here. We have a lot of add ons - in fact (I like toys) it pretty well has everything on it. It would be nice to try it out on some snow and ice before it's all gone.

We ordered an 2011 edge limited front wheel drive on the 01 Nov 2010. It was built on the 5th Jan and arrived at the dealer 18th Jan in the evening .Got a call the next day and parked it in my yard on the 20th.Yesterday we had another winter storm and this morning my new edge looks like an igloo LOL.I only put about 40km on it .Really impressed so far.According to syncmyride I have:sync version

Gen2-V2-4

Ā 

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AK

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE

BT4T-14F603-AG

Ā 

I have no idea what it all means..I am not a computer geek.Can anybody tell me if it's the latest updates?I will try and post pictures when I can figure out how to do it.Thank you

Ā 

I ordered mine the 29th Oct. It should be in this coming Wednesday. It is showing the exact same installations as yours. I believe their may be an update we are missing though. Is everything working on your Limited.

cirockets I have not tried everything and I doubt I ever will..But the phone works great ,also the sirius radio.The sound is awesome with the 12 speakers..The backup camera is great,I only briefly tried the navigation not enough to fully assess how hood it is compared to my old Garmin.Anyway I am sure you will like your new vehicle.For your info I am in New Brunswick about one hour from Moncton

cirockets I have not tried everything and I doubt I ever will..But the phone works great ,also the sirius radio.The sound is awesome with the 12 speakers..The backup camera is great,I only briefly tried the navigation not enough to fully assess how hood it is compared to my old Garmin.Anyway I am sure you will like your new vehicle.For your info I am in New Brunswick about one hour from Moncton

Ā 

Great, hope all works out with your ride. I also use a Garmin Nuvi and have been for years. We are in Central NL.

There seems to be a number of variables that affect the time from order placement to delivery.

Ā 

We placed a factory order for a Ford Edge Limited back on Oct 28th with all the options except the towing package and DVD.

Ā 

If I recall correctly the dealer had the VIN about two weeks later.

Ā 

According to www.syncmyride, MFT was installed December 4 (and re-installed December 6). The vehicle was at the railyard in Calgary on Monday Dec 27 and it was prepped at at the dealership on Thursday Dec 30. We picked it up that afternoon.

Ā 

All in all about nine weeks from order to pickup - with the qualifier that Christmas was in the mix.

Ā 

Your mileage may vary.

There seems to be a number of variables that affect the time from order placement to delivery.

Ā 

We placed a factory order for a Ford Edge Limited back on Oct 28th with all the options except the towing package and DVD.

Ā 

If I recall correctly the dealer had the VIN about two weeks later.

Ā 

According to www.syncmyride, MFT was installed December 4 (and re-installed December 6). The vehicle was at the railyard in Calgary on Monday Dec 27 and it was prepped at at the dealership on Thursday Dec 30. We picked it up that afternoon.

Ā 

All in all about nine weeks from order to pickup - with the qualifier that Christmas was in the mix.

Ā 

Your mileage may vary.

Ā 

Ordered my Edge ltd AWD with 301, trailer tow, rubber mats. BLIS and lighted sills on 12/30/10. Produced this week waiting for shipping.

Actually shorter time than I expected.

Edited by goatee

Ordered my Edge ltd AWD with 301, trailer tow, rubber mats. BLIS and lighted sills on 12/30/10. Produced this week waiting for shipping.

Actually shorter time than I expected.

Ā 

Ā 

Can someone please estimate when I'll have mine?

Just heard it was released to plant on January 21ST

I've never known a vehicle to take this long, ordered on Oct 25TH...!!!!

It is a Limited AWD with all options including sienna seats, the only option I didnt take was the rear DVD

Can someone please estimate when I'll have mine?

Just heard it was released to plant on January 21ST

I've never known a vehicle to take this long, ordered on Oct 25TH...!!!!

It is a Limited AWD with all options including sienna seats, the only option I didnt take was the rear DVD

There is a link in blueovalnews.com. Go to message forums at the top of the page then to the vehicle locator section. Have your VIN. If you don't have that then get your dealer ID and order number. Read some of the posts and follow the instructions to the letter. The person who helps you seems like he really cares. You will get a response overnight. Good luck.

Edited by goatee
  • Like 1

There is a link in blueovalnews.com. Go to message forums at the top of the page then to the vehicle locator section. Have your VIN. If you don't have that then get your dealer ID and order number. Read some of the posts and follow the instructions to the letter. The person who helps you seems like he really cares. You will get a response overnight. Good luck.

Ā 

If you add your VIN to the end of the string below and paste it into your browser you will get your window sticker if you are close enough to your production date. If not close enough you won't.

Ā 

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

Ā 

there are 2 dates on the sticker, the one near the top is generally 7 days before the vehicle starts assembly. The one near the bottom is today's date. How long it takes to be completed and shipping times to your dealership can vary.

Ā 

I'm about a 6 hour drive from the plant and have been told by that my vehicle is scheduled to be built Feb 8 while the dealership has told me to expect delivery the week of Feb 14th. Your mileage may vary.

Ā 

Hope this helps.

If you add your VIN to the end of the string below and paste it into your browser you will get your window sticker if you are close enough to your production date. If not close enough you won't.

Ā 

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

Ā 

there are 2 dates on the sticker, the one near the top is generally 7 days before the vehicle starts assembly. The one near the bottom is today's date. How long it takes to be completed and shipping times to your dealership can vary.

Ā 

I'm about a 6 hour drive from the plant and have been told by that my vehicle is scheduled to be built Feb 8 while the dealership has told me to expect delivery the week of Feb 14th. Your mileage may vary.

Ā 

Hope this helps.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks everyone for the input.

I now understand it went to the plant on Jan 21st, so does anyone have an estimate how long it would be before it arrived here in western Canada?

I just can't understand why it has taken so long. October 21st (maybe 25th before ordered) which equates to 14 weeks and "still" counting.

BTW its been difficult to secure an order number or VIN as this is leased through my company, they don't seem to give out that information too freely. I do have the dealer code though

:banghead:

Well judging by all the comments on here my vehicle will have the longest delivery of any.

Ordered on October 25th and have just received the word from the dealer it is now at the end of February!

By my calculation that is 18 weeks, can anyone beat that?

:angry:

I will, October 15th order, still no VIN (should be this week), delivery in March. Not a very happy camper.

My dealer submitted my order Jan. 24. He said that I should have an ETA on delivery in 2-3 weeks from that date and then it would take 5 weeks to build. Looking at mid or late March. Ordered Limited AWD model witha few add-ons. Lets see how long this one takes.

Edited by MSFAngela

Mine was ordered 12/30/10. Accepted by the factory 1/17/11, build about 1/24/11. Arrived here in Ohio 2/2/11. Dealer told me he had allottment when I ordered.

Ā 

Sometimes the system doesn't even always make sense. I ordered mine on Dec 21. Accepted by the factory the same day as yours and build the same day as yours. Mine has not yet arrived and I live in New York only about a 5 hour drive from the Canadian plant. Anyway, point is that it's not really an exact science. Hoping the other forum can give me a ETA tomorrow as it is strange. Enjoy the vehicle. Can't wait to get mine.

I too have an Edge on order and while searching I found this inoformation on a leasing company's website

Ā 

2011 Ford Edge 12-14 (A) Edge Sport (K3A, K4A) may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more

Ā 

The site is http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Ā 

They are estimating 12-14 weeks but my dealer is telling me 10-12.

Ā 

I was wondering how good an estimate this is? Any thoughts?