2011 Edge estimated delivery

d_source

• 2 weeks later...

Got my window sticker on 2/14. It was dated 2/14. I know alot of pople have asked this, but does anyone know the eaxact meaning of that date? Is that the build date or just the date the sticker was printed?

Ā 

I have a est. build date of 2/21 from my dealer. Based on their current inventory I have seen edges on the lot 2 weeks after the build date. Hoping for a 3/7 delivery.

Limited, Red Candy, Stone Int, Drive Pkg., Navi., Vision Pkg., Tow Pkg.

Ā 

Purchased 2/8, Ordered 2/9, VIN / Window Sticker 2/22, Est. Delivery Date to Atlanta GA 3/14

Ā 

Awesome! So that means I could be looking at an eat between 3/7 and 3/14. Ordered 1/24 got window sticker 2/14, suppose to go on line 2/21. No ETA from dealer but looking at past inventory everything that had a sticker date of 1/24 was on the lot in two weeks.

Got my window sticker on 2/14. It was dated 2/14. I know alot of pople have asked this, but does anyone know the eaxact meaning of that date? Is that the build date or just the date the sticker was printed?

Ā 

I have a est. build date of 2/21 from my dealer. Based on their current inventory I have seen edges on the lot 2 weeks after the build date. Hoping for a 3/7 delivery.

Ā 

Ā 

My window sticker date was 1/31 build date 2/7 sync was installed 2/10 and arrived at the dealership 2/22. Hope this helps....Also we live in Western Canada so that included rail time from Ontario. Hope you get yours very soon :)

When the vehicle leaves the assembly plant, it is stored in a staging yard for pick-up by the carrier. The trucking/rail line will select vehicles for transport based on the routes available and vehicles ready for shipping to optomize their delivery scheduling. Consequently, a vheicle may be picked up the first day out of the plant or a week or so later. Some vehicles are carried to another staging yard before final dlivery. So, as they say."YMMV."

• 3 weeks later...

:hyper:

Just picked up our new Edge yesterday. Its a Red Candy Metalic Limited with Navigation, BLIS, Tow Package, and Driver Entry. Less than 5 weeks total time. Ordered 2/9/11, VIN issued 2/22/11, SYNC installed 3/1/11, delivered in Atlanta GA area 3/14/11. So far (only 50 miles) it's great. It's the wife's car and she LOVES it, exactly what she wanted!!

After reading this thread this morning, I called my dealer to check the status of my Limited AWD factory order. Ordered it 2/19/11. Got the VIN, built 03/08/11 and expected at the dealer 03/21/11 give or take a few days. That was quick, a good month before I expected!

After reading this thread this morning, I called my dealer to check the status of my Limited AWD factory order. Ordered it 2/19/11. Got the VIN, built 03/08/11 and expected at the dealer 03/21/11 give or take a few days. That was quick, a good month before I expected!

Ā 

I wouldnt expect it too quickly if you live in Canada, regardless of them being built 30mins from where I live I ordered mine on February 9/11, got a VIN was told production started March 8th aswell and now it has sat in production for the last 9 days. Just get an error on snycmyride so i assume its not installed yet. Its initial ship date was to be March 14/11. Maybe I ordered something that is holding mine up but its seems that orders to the usa take priority. Most people on here report getting there vehicle within 4-6 weeks if they live in the states and 6-10 here in canada.

I wouldnt expect it too quickly if you live in Canada, regardless of them being built 30mins from where I live I ordered mine on February 9/11, got a VIN was told production started March 8th aswell and now it has sat in production for the last 9 days. Just get an error on snycmyride so i assume its not installed yet. Its initial ship date was to be March 14/11. Maybe I ordered something that is holding mine up but its seems that orders to the usa take priority. Most people on here report getting there vehicle within 4-6 weeks if they live in the states and 6-10 here in canada.

Ā 

I checked snycmyride and it is confirmed...see below. I ordered the Limited AWD in Blue with all options except for 20" wheels, adavitve cruise control and DVD. I wasn't expecting it for at least another month but panicked when I read that the factory is not accepting any more AWD orders for this model year and called the dealer. Will let you know if it show up next week.

Ā 

Confirmed Installations

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V2.7

BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14F496-AN

BT4T-14F497-AL

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE

BT4T-14F603-AL

I checked snycmyride and it is confirmed...see below. I ordered the Limited AWD in Blue with all options except for 20" wheels, adavitve cruise control and DVD. I wasn't expecting it for at least another month but panicked when I read that the factory is not accepting any more AWD orders for this model year and called the dealer. Will let you know if it show up next week.

Ā 

Confirmed Installations

SYNC Version

Gen2 - V2.7

BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14F496-AN

BT4T-14F497-AL

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AE

BT4T-14F603-AL

Ā 

Cool! hopefully it will arrive when expected. You are one step ahead of me, I ordered 10 days before you but no software has been installed on mine when i go to syncmyride i just get an error when i click updates. Im starting to think maybe something I added to the vehicle has slowed its progress!?

Cool! hopefully it will arrive when expected. You are one step ahead of me, I ordered 10 days before you but no software has been installed on mine when i go to syncmyride i just get an error when i click updates. Im starting to think maybe something I added to the vehicle has slowed its progress!?

Ā 

Got the call from the dealer today....it has arrived! Pick it up in less than 48 hours. Ordered Feb 19, arrived today. That was just over 4 weeks! I think I just made the AWD cut off as the window sticker date is 03 08 11. Looks like the dealer has good allocation as they also received a couple of AWD sports in their inventory.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the call from the dealer today....it has arrived! Pick it up in less than 48 hours. Ordered Feb 19, arrived today. That was just over 4 weeks! I think I just made the AWD cut off as the window sticker date is 03 08 11. Looks like the dealer has good allocation as they also received a couple of AWD sports in their inventory.

Ā 

Ā 

I see alot of people saying production is wrapped on 2011 awd limited, but I can tell everyone I ordered March 8, 2011, and I just got my VIN today, so it looks like they are still being produced fyi.

I see alot of people saying production is wrapped on 2011 awd limited, but I can tell everyone I ordered March 8, 2011, and I just got my VIN today, so it looks like they are still being produced fyi.

Ā 

Ā 

I think your dealer may have got your order in before the deadline which I believe was around March 11th for AWD orders. I will try to find the link. My dealer confirmed this to me when I picked my 2011 AWD limited up a week ago.

Ā 

Although it has been only a week, I am loving my Edge so far. I am not experiencing any of the issues some members have been having with MFT although there is a bit of lag. I don't know if you are an iphone user but I would compare the lag to an iphone 3GS after using a 4G. Maybe Job 2 has made some improvements to the MFT?

Edited by john747

I think your dealer may have got your order in before the deadline which I believe was around March 11th for AWD orders. I will try to find the link. My dealer confirmed this to me when I picked my 2011 AWD limited up a week ago.

Ā 

Although it has been only a week, I am loving my Edge so far. I am not experiencing any of the issues some members have been having with MFT although there is a bit of lag. I don't know if you are an iphone user but I would compare the lag to an iphone 3GS after using a 4G. Maybe Job 2 has made some improvements to the MFT?

Ā 

Ā 

Looks like I just squeaked in then...lol

they said their ETA is showing Apr 18...which would be just under 6 weeks.

Anyone's order being affected by the Allied Trucker strike?

Ā 

My salesguy placed my Edge order on Feb. 5. It was suppose to have been delivered on 3/21 in Maryland. He called to check on it. Apparently, they were having Sync issues, so that delayed it a bit. When it finally rolled out and was waiting for pickup, the strike hit. Salesguy told me it's sitting at a port somewhere surrounded by a bunch of GM and Chrysler cars that haven't been picked up yet. So ETA is now TBD.

Ā 

I have read that GM and Chrysler have hired other truckers to come get their vehicles, but apparently that's because they've broken their agreement with Allied. Ford has a good contract with them (from what I understand) so I am guessing Ford vehicles will sit until the strike is over. However, according to one article I read, Ford says the strike isn't affecting them.

Ā 

Does anyone have any insight to this? :banghead:

• 1 month later...

One way to track the assembly is to use your VIN and sign up on SyncMyRide. It will show you the date that Sync software is installed.

My car shipped the day after sync was installed.

Ā 

Wilsons- Can you describe exactly where you can enter a VIN on SyncMyRide??? I've registered on that site but missed where a VIN could be entered. As of yet I don't have a VIN but hope to have it soon. Thanks for any guidance.

Ā 

Ā 

I just ordered mine on may 4, 2011 so not sure about deadline???

I have seen many AWD on dealer lots since I picked mine up in March. The link below indicated the AWD orders are built out for 2011 model year. This came out in early March.

Ā 

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Ā 

Ā 

BTW I'm in Canada, not sure if that makes a difference but if you are right am i going to get a 2012 then? how would that work? Wouldnt the price change?