Honda CRV or Edge?

meb

Before I bought my Edge I drove every compact SUV aside from the GM ones and the Outlander Sport. I ended up finding a deal on a 2013 Edge I couldn't pass up...the Edge drove smoother and had more power and space than any other SUV I'd driven.

That said I went into the Honda dealer not wanting to like the CRV. I think they're soccer mom SUV's and I always feel like they look like base models. Honda is notorious for not giving you all the fixins, even on their highest level trim cars. That said, I did like the CRV. Drove smooth, had decent power from its 4-cyl and had good space.

I would have walked away happy with just about any SUV I test drove but in the end the deal I got for the Edge was too good to pass up. Even for a FWD vehicle.

If you wanted a good warranty, you should go with Kia or Hyundai. 10 yrs, 100K miles. Honda just has 3/36K I think...

Edited by Mirage52

• 2 weeks later...

Before I bought my 2009 MKX I owned a 2006 CRV AWD that was fully loaded and loved it, in the two years I owned it I spent $5 on a lightbulb and that was it. The resale value was great and I had dealers calling all the time to take it on a trade up. With 4 Nokian snows on it the thing was like a cougar in the snow. Towing was obviously limited and if your tall or larger person then its not a comfortable vehicle. Would I go back again to a CRV, probably not since now I'm spoiled with the MKX.