Whats everyones favorite Wax / Sealant and Car wash products?

Wax: AquaWax, Optimum Car Wax, or a few other spray waxes for regular application. I may put something more durable on right before the winter.

Sealant: Opti-Seal. To easy to use. Great protection.

Wash: Optimum No Rinse (ONR)

Tire Shine: Opti-Bond diluted 1:1

Interior: Aerospace 303 after wiping down with a damp cloth (usually damp with ONR from a wash).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought a ton of stuff over the years and need to use up what I have.Target had a ton of Meguiars stuff on clearance once and I bought a ton of Quik Detailer and Quik Interior Detailer (still have a bunch in the basement), Gold Class wash and wax and clay kits.

Wash - Meguiars Gold Class

Wax - Meguiars Gold Class paste or Meguiars NXT spray wax

Interior - 303 Protectant on dash, Mother's VLR to clean and condition the leather (I also have some Lexol 3-in1 cleaner/conditioner too)

Tires - 303 Protectant but I want to try other stuff

Wheels - Sonex Wheel cleaner

Quick wax/cleaner to get Bugs or bird doo off - Meguiars Wash/Wax Anywhere (this stuff works better than any quick detailer I tried)

I want to grab some no-rinse wash. Time is not what it used to be.

I love the look my wife gives me when I buy yet another care care product. :)

• Like 1

If going to NR wash, be sure to bone up on the 2 or even 3 bucket methods shown on YouTube, especially useful for people living in condos & places with water restrictions. I think Gary Dean, Adams and Ammo NYC among others have pretty good ones up there. Distilled water will be your friend :)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 2 weeks later...

Wax: AquaWax, Optimum Car Wax, or a few other spray waxes for regular application. I may put something more durable on right before the winter.

Sealant: Opti-Seal. To easy to use. Great protection.

Wash: Optimum No Rinse (ONR)

Tire Shine: Opti-Bond diluted 1:1

Interior: Aerospace 303 after wiping down with a damp cloth (usually damp with ONR from a wash).

Just received some ONR Wash & Wax. Stuff is freaken awesome! Why have I never used it before? I washed 3 cars in the time it would take to wash 1. Just need to grab some better spray wax, I am running out of Meguiars NXT stuff.

Just received some ONR Wash & Wax. Stuff is freaken awesome! Why have I never used it before? I washed 3 cars in the time it would take to wash 1. Just need to grab some better spray wax, I am running out of Meguiars NXT stuff.

Yup. After using ONR I have never went back to traditional washing (unless a car is covered in dirt/mud/salt.....then I may take it through a touchless wash first).

Duragloss Aquawax is a good spray wax. I buy it by the gallon. You can find the smaller spray bottle at CarQuest.

If you are applying Spray Wax after ONR W&W, you may want to just buy the regular ONR (blue stuff) to save a few bucks. I buy ONR by the gallon from Amazon Prime.

• Like 1

Yup. After using ONR I have never went back to traditional washing (unless a car is covered in dirt/mud/salt.....then I may take it through a touchless wash first).

Duragloss Aquawax is a good spray wax. I buy it by the gallon. You can find the smaller spray bottle at CarQuest.

If you are applying Spray Wax after ONR W&W, you may want to just buy the regular ONR (blue stuff) to save a few bucks. I buy ONR by the gallon from Amazon Prime.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying the green ONR because it was only a couple bucks more. I will probably buy the regular ONR next time. I want to get a good paint sealant. I was thinking one of the Chemical Guys products like M-Seal. Amazon seems to have all kinds of coupons lately on CG products so I was waiting for one on one of their paint sealants. I might pick up a bottle of Duragloss to try it, since it seems pretty cheap. My auto care products collection is growing each time I learn more...

I use a bit of everything. I used to frequent a couple of detailing forums.

Wash - 2 Lowes buckets with grit guards, 2 HD grout sponges, bug sponge. My favorite wash is Duragloss or Megs Gold Class, or Optimum No-Rinse in winter.
Interior Cleaner/Protectant - Surf City Garage Dash Away, Big Block, or Black Edge
Dry - waterfall method + Absorber XL
Sealant - Duragloss 501 mixed 4:1 with Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent, Collinite Insulator Wax 845 (hate the smell)
Wax - Duragloss AquaWax
Tire Dressing - Surf City Garage Beyond Black, No Touch Original Satin (I hate greasy/glossy tires)
Exterior Trim - Megs Ultimate Black, Surf City Garage Black Max
Clay - Griot's Garage
Clay Lube - ONR diluted to QD strength

Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying the green ONR because it was only a couple bucks more. I will probably buy the regular ONR next time. I want to get a good paint sealant. I was thinking one of the Chemical Guys products like M-Seal. Amazon seems to have all kinds of coupons lately on CG products so I was waiting for one on one of their paint sealants. I might pick up a bottle of Duragloss to try it, since it seems pretty cheap. My auto care products collection is growing each time I learn more...

I use Opti-Seal and man is it awesome. The bottle has lasted me for years and I still have 75% left. That is after applying it at least 6-7 times to a car. A little bit goes a long way. Just spray on pad, apply, and keep moving. No buffing. Just don't use a lot. One spray will do an entire panel. If you use too much, you'll see what looks like a greasy stain from it not absorbing. Quick wipe and it is gone.

And since it is so easy to apply, using it every few months is simple.

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a 2015 Titanium with Platinum Tri Coat Metallic three weeks ago.

Last weekend I hand washed and Mequiar clay barred it, then used Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant on it. Very happy with how it looks. Even new, the claybar smoothed it like glass.

Looked so good, I did my '09 blue Ranger. It looks super now.

Wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.

Are products like Mequiars detailing spray worth the trouble?

Are products like Mequiars detailing spray worth the trouble?

What do you mean "worth the trouble"?

A detailing spray is good for a quick touch up that may add a little gloss and a slick feel. Detailing sprays rarely have any kind of long lasting protective properties.

I only use detailing spray to do spot clean ups from water spots, bird poop, etc. Once the car has been driven for a few days and outside, I will usually just wash it if it needs touching up due to dust and other stuff.

I really like spray waxes to top my sealants with. I'll use them as a drying aid every few weeks.

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to really cleaning and prepping the Edge for winter. I wanted to try something new and researched what @Wingnut uses. I washed with ONR+Wax and clayed. Grabbed some Opti-Seal (I needed something easy and that lasts a while) and some really cheap Duragloss Aquawax (Carquest is clearing it out at $4.50 a bottle).

Opti-seal is just plain awesome and easy to work with. I barely used any for both cars. This bottle will last me 10 years. I added it to the windows also as well as all the lights.

I also did my wife's silver Rogue and my mother-in-law stopped over and was amazed at how well it looked and shined.

Edited by tron1974

Finally got around to really cleaning and prepping the Edge for winter. I wanted to try something new and researched what @Wingnut uses. I washed with ONR+Wax and clayed. Grabbed some Opti-Seal (I needed something easy and that lasts a while) and some really cheap Duragloss Aquawax (Carquest is clearing it out at $4.50 a bottle).

Opti-seal is just plain awesome and easy to work with. I barely used any for both cars. This bottle will last me 10 years. I added it to the windows also as well as all the lights.

I also did my wife's silver Rogue and my mother-in-law stopped over and was amazed at how well it looked and shined.

Glad you liked it. Between using opti-seal every 3-6 months, the ONR+Wax, and the Aquawax...your vehicle will stay looking great and protected.

I always hit the wheels with Aquawax before drying them. Makes them super easy to clean going forward.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

When I apply the Klasse All-in-one to clean I then put three coats of high gloss sealant after I get about 10 months of protection. What I do after each car wash is I take a bottle of quick wax and mix in klasse high gloss sealant so that it is 50/50 solution and I just spray that on and buff by hand and it is a very deep gloss like a wet sealant. I actually use this stuff all around my house on wooden tables, tile and what a shine I will never use anything else.

• Like 2

Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant were applied with buffer 6 months ago and I just washed my car look at the shine this stuff is solid protection plus a great shine. After the wash I did apart it do with the 50/50 solution. I live in Northeast and have winters that are tough on vehicle they spray are roads with calcium before storm and that eats through metal and the salt heavy when snow starts

post-44395-0-32606400-1487673320_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have used many different products over the years, probably used Meguiars the most, a local shop carries all of their products. I've tried a few things from Adam's Polishes, and they were good, but did not impress me more than Meguiars. I tried car wash and some wax from Chemical Guys, and it is the best I have used to date. Chemical Guys carries a number of items, so it is easy to get confused when looking. I used "Wash & Wax Car Shampoo with Gloss" and "Slick Finish Cleaner Wax". You can buy small bottles/containers if you want to try them out w/o spending a lot of money.

I am not involved in the company in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Doug